Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    "Breaking: Agreement reached tonight between Liverpool and Feyenoord for Arne Slot to replace Jurgen Klopp."
  • Options
    "Breaking: Agreement reached tonight between Liverpool and Feyenoord for Arne Slot to replace Jurgen Klopp."
    Not sure how this will play out. Imagine they will comfortably go off as 3rd favourites for the title. Think it will be more whether anyone below them can make up the difference instead of Liverpool catching City/Arsenal.
  • Options
    edited April 26
    CAFCsayer said:
    Bit of a waste dropping Bellingham back, but tell me this isn't the best front line in the world right now

----------Rice --- Bellingham
    Palmer ------ Foden ------ Saka
    -------------------Kane
    100% agree but I don’t blame Southgate for wanting Bellingham to play more advanced - he makes things happen and would be wasted in a deeper role. 

In international football where there’s less time to work on tactical play and build up, you want players like Bellingham in attacking positions as often as possible because they have the ability to win you games out of one moment of brilliance around the box.

I don’t know how likely a 4-1-4-1 would be but I’d also worry about Foden being one of the 10s in the middle without the protection of two players behind him…

You could have one of the full backs tuck inside next to Rice for protection like is common in club football lately but not sure how feasible that is for an international team.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Bit of a waste dropping Bellingham back, but tell me this isn't the best front line in the world right now

-------------------Kane
    100% agree but I don’t blame Southgate for wanting Bellingham to play more advanced - he makes things happen and would be wasted in a deeper role. 

In international football where there’s less time to work on tactical play and build up, you want players like Bellingham in attacking positions as often as possible because they have the ability to win you games out of one moment of brilliance around the box.

I don’t know how likely a 4-1-4-1 would be but I’d also worry about Foden being one of the 10s in the middle without the protection of two players behind him…

You could have one of the full backs tuck inside next to Rice for protection like is common in club football lately but not sure how feasible that is for an international team.
    Get the old 3-2-2-3 WM formation back…

Walker - Maguire - Shaw

Stones - Rice

Bellingham - Foden

Palmer - Kane - Saka
  • Options
    😂
  • Options
    edited April 27
    Van Dijk will no doubt blame all his teammates for conceding that goal.
    Just wondering who he was supposed to be marking though? The three closest players to him were all Liverpool.
    Best defender in the world? Nah.
  • Options
    I don’t think anyone seriously considers him the best in the world any more.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I don’t think anyone seriously considers him the best in the world any more.
    Video game makers do for some reason, and commentators still wank off over him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    March: Its going to be a fairytale end to Klopp's time at Liverpool

April: We were never in the title fight anyway
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I don’t think anyone without a scouse accent or a job in the media seriously considers him the best in the world any more.
    Fixed that for you. 😎
  • Options
    Didnt catch any of the game but have just been a clip on Faceache of Salah and Klopp having a somewhat heated-looking discussion on the touchline.

Things all not well in the land of the Dippers!
  • Options
    "Salah walks through the mixed zone, declines interview requests and says: “If I speak today there will be fire.”"
  • Options
    I don't think I can recall a player with the number of misses in one season that Jackson has managed to achieve. It's not just that though, it's the fact that so many of his attempts are so horrendous - he's got pace to burn and gets in good positions but then ends up looking like a poor man's Churchino!
    Poor bloke. For once he did everything right and finished with aplomb only to be VAR'd for offside.  
  • Options
    I don't think I can recall a player with the number of misses in one season that Jackson has managed to achieve. It's not just that though, it's the fact that so many of his attempts are so horrendous - he's got pace to burn and gets in good positions but then ends up looking like a poor man's Churchino!
    Poor bloke. For once he did everything right and finished with aplomb only to be VAR'd for offside.  
    I don’t feel sorry for him at all. With the pace he has to burn, he shouldn’t be getting caught offside half as much as he does. 
    Apart from anything else, the only reason he didn’t fuck that finish up is because he knew he was off and it wouldn’t matter. He looked straight at the lino expecting the flag. Bloke crumbles under pressure like a biscuit.
    Bottlejob.
  • Options
    I don’t feel sorry for him at all. With the pace he has to burn, he shouldn’t be getting caught offside half as much as he does. 
    Apart from anything else, the only reason he didn’t fuck that finish up is because he knew he was off and it wouldn’t matter. He looked straight at the lino expecting the flag. Bloke crumbles under pressure like a biscuit.
    Bottlejob.
    And then hits the post with a free header. 
  • Options
    What on earth was that moment in the West Ham v Liverpool game where Areola rolled it out and the Taylor blew the whistle before the striker could take it? Absolute nonsense
  • Options
    "Salah walks through the mixed zone, declines interview requests and says: “If I speak today there will be fire.”"
    I'd be very surprised if we don't see Salah going to Saudi this summer. 

He's 32 this summer and only has 1 year left on his contract. Would make excellent business sense for Liverpool to get some money in for him and let the new manager put it towards a rebuild.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 28
    Chunes said:
    What on earth was that moment in the West Ham v Liverpool game where Areola rolled it out and the Taylor blew the whistle before the striker could take it? Absolute nonsense
    "the match official had actually signalled an advantage after the clash between the two players in the area. That advantage came to an end when Gakpo attempted to close down the ball, forcing Taylor to stop play.
    And, as a result of Areola then needing treatment on the pitch, a drop ball was correctly used to restart the game."

That's what was said by PGMOL.
  • Options
    edited April 28
    Chunes said:
    "the match official had actually signalled an advantage after the clash between the two players in the area. That advantage came to an end when Gakpo attempted to close down the ball, forcing Taylor to stop play.
    And, as a result of Areola then needing treatment on the pitch, a drop ball was correctly used to restart the game."

That's what was said by PGMOL.
    What they said coincidentally gets their man off the hook for a proper howler. The ref' doesn't blow for anything, signals play on, encourages the keeper to get a move on then only blows up when he realises Gakpo is going to show up his poor handling.

Gakpo should have smashed it in the net and argued about it after saying he didn't hear the whistle. Worth the booking. 
  • Options
    Oh i'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying what their excuse was. I'd imagine Liverpool will be requesting the in-game audio files.
  • Options
    Sheffield United have now conceded 97 goals and with 3 games left now need a miracle to avoid breaking Swindon's long-held unwanted record of 100 goals.

Sheff Utd have already set a record for the most goals conceded at home in a Premier League season at 51 (and counting).

Newcastle scored 13 of those 97 goals which is the most a team has scored against a PL club in a single season.

• Options
    Swindon was 42 games too, to break that in only 38 games is impressively bad.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

-------------------Kane
    So you want us to put Palmer on the right wing where he doesn't play for his club, and Saka on the left where he doesn't play for his club, and then have Bellingham sat deeper where he doesn't play for his club?

Strikes me as being too much like the so called 'golden generation' where we tried to shoehorn in Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard and it never worked.

Play players where they play every week for their clubs, and if it means leaving an in-form player out then so be it, that's what 5 subs are for. In a tournament, the squad depth and ability to bring players on who change a game will be vital.
  • Options
    Pickford
    Walker - Stones - Gomez/Maguire/Konsa/Tomori -Shaw/Chilwell
    Rice - Ward-Prowse/Gallagher/Henderson/Alexander-Arnold
    Saka - Bellingham - Foden
    Kane

Is how I see it at the moment, with people like White, Phillips, Palmer, Toney, Watkins, Bowen, Grealish in the squad. 

In fact a couple of those might even miss out even being in-form due to the amount of players we currently have that are of a very similar level, playing regularly in the Premier League and giving Southgate a real headache. 

Still time for an injury or two to crop up as well
  • Options
    edited April 28
    That Spurs goal looks as tight as the Coventry goal last week.

Yeah think its the right call as well
  • Options
    For me, we need the equivalent of umpires call in cricket. When it’s that close….. VAR should only be to stop an absolute clanger 
  • Options
    Another ludicrous VAR decision. Surely it was never meant for millimetres.