Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    I’m watching Nigels v Manyoo.
    It occurs to me that I genuinely couldn’t care less what happens in this game. I dislike them both, but probably the Nigels more. But as there’s no chance of relegation any more and Man U are out of contention for anything, I couldn’t give a shit who wins this.

The nothingest of nothing games.
  • Options
    It occurs to me that I genuinely couldn’t care less what happens in this game. I dislike them both, but probably the Nigels more. But as there’s no chance of relegation any more and Man U are out of contention for anything, I couldn’t give a shit who wins this.

Yep.  The only significance is that it might seal Ten Hag’s fate if it’s not already sealed. 
  • Options

Yep.  The only significance is that it might seal Ten Hag’s fate if it’s not already sealed. 
    Definitely sealed now, Man Utd are making palace look like world beaters
  • Options
    Shocking how bad Man Utd are
  • Options
    Man U have negative goal difference of -3, having only scored 52 goals all season. 
  • Options
    Erik Ten Hag should book his holiday after this game - he can sort the paper work out there.
  • Options
    edited May 6
    Doesn't look like a single Man utd fan had left the ground before the end. Stayed and clapped them at the end..
    That is quite impressive.

I suppose they do only live round the corner.
  • Options
    Man U have negative goal difference of -3, having only scored 52 goals all season. 
    Ridiculous GD for a team in 8th place of premier league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Erik Ten Hag should book his holiday after this game - he can sort the paper work out there.
    May as well players are already on the beach.
  • Options
    I'm convinced Ten Hag will be sacked shortly after the cup final.

Despite his record in the cups his time there has been a disaster. Spent 300m on Antony, Hojlund, Mount, Onana and Casemiro. Forced Ronaldo out and then Sancho.

Ok he's had a few injuries to deal with but their overall play even when a lot of them were fit has been terrible and they regularly give up 10-15 shots per game even against the bottom sides. The body language of players like Rashford and Garnacho suggests they've given up on him as well.
  • Options
    Just wonder who would even be interested in the United job , surely they wouldn't appoint Tuchel or Conte? Feels like a squad that as soon as things aren't going their way just give up, so many players a new manager wouldn't want around too. 
  • Options
    Ridiculous GD for a team in 8th place of premier league.
    Yep. But goes to show that the standard of the premier league outside to top six or so isn’t as good as it’s cracked up to be. 
  • Options
    Enjoyable watch at Anfield.  

Short on time, so apologies if this has been mentioned before.  

Is it just me, or would Spurs be thinking there’s no way they’re going to let Arsenal win the league?    

Referring to their upcoming game against City.

And I know they’ve tanked in recent weeks….but still..

Which also begs the question….Would anyone want us to lose a game if it meant Palace went down?  

Not quite the same though. Spurs are 5th and are unlikely to go any higher or lower. They know if they take anything off City it almost certainly means Arsenal win the league.

If we were 5th with nothing really to play for, would you want us to win if it meant Palace winning the league? I'd be happy to watch us roll over.
    It’s a Spurs tradition to choke at this time of the season if there’s something at stake 
  • Options
    Bloody hell, Palarse beat Man Utd 4 nil, and our best achievement last season was beating Cheltenham home and away. What a time to be alive. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Just wonder who would even be interested in the United job , surely they wouldn't appoint Tuchel or Conte? Feels like a squad that as soon as things aren't going their way just give up, so many players a new manager wouldn't want around too. 
    Surely this former Man U player has to be the front runner.

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Bloody hell, Palarse beat Man Utd 4 nil, and our best achievement last season was beating Cheltenham home and away. What a time to be alive. 
    Yeah but what a nothing game , where as our fixture against Wycombe was just everything you could wish for 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    They have a habit of being rubbish just as no good managers are available.
  • Options
    Well done Palace and well done Bromley 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You lot won't like this but bloody hell, thats was by far the best performance I've seen from a Palace side in years.
    They were all over Utd like a rash.  Granted they had Evans and Casimiro playing CB but even so.
  • Options
    Palace have a really good front 3, that have rarely played together all season. If Roy had managed to keep Eze and Olise fit, they would have been higher up the table. Annoyingly, Wharton is yet another really good buy from the Championship.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cd13r56z21xo

The Forest points deduction appeal has been rejected
  • Options
    Palace have a really good front 3, that have rarely played together all season. If Roy had managed to keep Eze and Olise fit, they would have been higher up the table. Annoyingly, Wharton is yet another really good buy from the Championship.
    Was going to say exactly the same.

Annoyingly Palace seem to have good scouting at the moment.
  • Options
    Their sporting director Dougie Freedman seems to be a Newcastle target.
  • Options

Is it just me, or would Spurs be thinking there’s no way they’re going to let Arsenal win the league?    

Which also begs the question….Would anyone want us to lose a game if it meant Palace went down?  

Not quite the same though. Spurs are 5th and are unlikely to go any higher or lower. They know if they take anything off City it almost certainly means Arsenal win the league.

If we were 5th with nothing really to play for, would you want us to win if it meant Palace winning the league? I'd be happy to watch us roll over.
    Exactly.

You know what I'd like to see. 

United somehow beat Arsenal on Sunday.  (It wont happen in a million years but hey!  More likely to be a cricket score after last night's defensive display!)

Keep it 0-0 until injury time, then Romero rolls it back to Vicario and then Vic turns to the cameras, winks with a grin on his face, just to lift his foot and watch it roll under and over the line and Romero celebrates by diving into the crowd and he crowds surfs for the remainder of injury time.

Imagine the dirty gooner faces... just imagine it.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Exactly.

United somehow beat Arsenal on Sunday.  (It wont happen in a million years but hey!  More likely to be a cricket score after last night's defensive display!)

Keep it 0-0 until injury time, then Romero rolls it back to Vicario and then Vic turns to the cameras, winks with a grin on his face, just to lift his foot and watch it roll under and over the line and Romero celebrates by diving into the crowd and he crowds surfs for the remainder of injury time.

You're not out of contention for 4th place though.

Villa have hit a wall, and still have to play Liverpool and in form Palace after their European game this week. It's not inconceivable that they could lose both those games, meaning that 7 points from 9 would bring you level on points with them. Especially as your other games are against Burnley and Sheffield United, so both winnable.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Exactly.

You're not out of contention for 4th place though.

Villa have hit a wall, and still have to play Liverpool and in form Palace after their European game this week. It's not inconceivable that they could lose both those games, meaning that 7 points from 9 would bring you level on points with them. Especially as your other games are against Burnley and Sheffield United, so both winnable.
    Don't care tbh, I'd take Europa over CL and them lot winning the title.  At least we've got a small chance of winning the Europa next season.  We won't have a hope in hell of winning the CL if we qualified.
  • Options
    edited May 7
    With Forest’s appeal rejected, Luton and Burnley are still both with an outside chance of survival.

Forest 29pts -18GD

Luton 26pts -29GD
    Burnley 24pts -35GD

Remaining fixtures:

- Spurs v Burnley, West Ham v Luton, Chelsea v Forest
    - Luton v Fulham, Burnley v Forest

If Burnley can win at Spurs and Forest lose at Chelsea, that’ll be a very exciting game at Turf Moor on the last day of the season.