Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    Palace have a really good front 3, that have rarely played together all season. If Roy had managed to keep Eze and Olise fit, they would have been higher up the table. Annoyingly, Wharton is yet another really good buy from the Championship.
    Yeah but wait till that cheating diving Cnut Zaha leaves them they’ll deffo go down 
    Hopefully some of the big clubs come in for Eze and Olise this summer, as if they both stay and Palace strengthen their team i fear they could actually have a very good season next year with Glasner.
  • Options
    Palace have a really good front 3, that have rarely played together all season. If Roy had managed to keep Eze and Olise fit, they would have been higher up the table. Annoyingly, Wharton is yet another really good buy from the Championship.
    Yeah but wait till that cheating diving Cnut Zaha leaves them they’ll deffo go down 
    Hopefully some of the big clubs come in for Eze and Olise this summer, as if they both stay and Palace strengthen their team i fear they could actually have a very good season next year with Glasner.
    Trouble is even if they sell them.....must be worth 100 mil (the pair of them) they will have money to spend and strengthen.
  • Options
    Trouble is even if they sell them.....must be worth 100 mil (the pair of them) they will have money to spend and strengthen.
    Think I read Olise has a release clause at £60m ish so they'd likely get that.

It was £35m last summer when Chelsea tried to sign him and his new contract upped it, so they got an extra year and might get nearly double the fee.  Good business annoyingly.
  • Options
    Here's the list of nominees for the Premier league player of the season:

Phil Foden
    Erling Haaland
    Alexander Isak
    Martin Odegaard
    Cole Palmer
    Declan Rice
    Virgil van Dijk
    Ollie Watkins

I agree with most names there although i'm not quite sure how van Dijk makes the list but Rodri doesn't. 
  • Options
    I am absolutely amazed Saliba is not on that list.  Gabriel's got better but he still isn't in Saliba's class.
    Can't argue with any of the other names on the list.

But I'm surprised van der Venn isn't on the list.  He's been brilliant this season, despite the goals being leaked.  If it wasn't for him we would have been beaten by double figures at times.
  • Options
    Interesting that Anthony Gordon didn't make the young player list.  He's been outstanding at times.
  • Options
    edited May 9
    X
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I am absolutely amazed Saliba is not on that list.  Gabriel's got better but he still isn't in Saliba's class.

But I'm surprised van der Venn isn't on the list.  He's been brilliant this season, despite the goals being leaked.  If it wasn't for him we would have been beaten by double figures at times.
    Do you really, honestly think van der Venn has been one of the best 8 players in the league?

Saliba should be on there though, I agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Do you really, honestly think van der Venn has been one of the best 8 players in the league?

Saliba should be on there though, I agree.
    When you put it that way, ok, you've got a point.

Well put it this way, Udogie has made the Young Player shortlist, yet van der Venn is going to win the Spurs player of the year by a country mile.  Van der Venn has been head and shoulders better than Udogie all season.  I dont know what the age cut off for the Young Player award is (vdV is 23).
  • Options
    Even Man City's defenders finish like strikers
  • Options
    That Gvardiol looks so good now he's settled in.

City could have him and Dias at the back for the next 6, 7 years, can see it being their Vidic & Ferdinand.
  • Options
    TNT Sport are totally obsessed with showing Noel Gallagher in the crowd.
    We get it. He’s famous. He goes to some games. Can you focus on the football now?
  • Options
    Looks like all three are going straight back down, even Luton are going to need a miracle now.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Just wonder who would even be interested in the United job , surely they wouldn't appoint Tuchel or Conte? Feels like a squad that as soon as things aren't going their way just give up, so many players a new manager wouldn't want around too. 

Once somebody is approached for managing Man United, there are not many that would turn down that opportunity.
  • Options
    City as they always do have really stepped it up in recent weeks. Since the 0-0 with Arsenal they've won:

4-1
    4-2
    5-1
    4-0
    2-0
    5-1
    4-0
  • Options
    edited May 11
    We are in danger of turning into a one team division. Really need Arsenal or Liverpool to step it up next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Need one player from their opponents each week to take one for the league and nobble a different man city player 
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Regardless of how much City have spent, I think the talk of them spending more than others (which isn't entirely true) completely undermines the quality of Pep. There's not a single manager in the world that could have done to City what he has done, and is still doing. 

He's an absolute mastermind, and irrespective of how many players he's bought, the way they play, and the consistency of their players, a lot of that is down to Pep.

In regards to clubs spending more as well for success, this isn't something new so I don't know why it matters to people that Man City are now a spending team. 

All big clubs success in the past, from Madrid to Milan to Man United has all been bought. It has always been, and always will be, about who has the most money and the better infrastructure. The difference is, City had these luxuries, and then went and brought in probably, and definitely imo, the greatest manager of all time.
    You contradicted yourself. You say success is bought which i agree with. Why does it matter who the manager is? The “top managers” are all interchangeable i reckon.
    Sorry I don't understand how I've contradicted myself? 

I've said every team spends money, so it's nothing new, but Pep is the true difference maker as he's THE best manager in the world imo. 

• Options
    We are in danger of turning into a one team division. Really need Arsenal or Liverpool to step it up next year.
    I can only see it being a two horse race between City and Arsenal next year, as i think Liverpool with their new manager might need a transitional season. Also the Salah to Saudi rumours aren't going away and that will be a big gap to fill.

I've said it before on this thread but i think if Chelsea sign a top quality number 9 and get their injured players fit and ready for next season, i think they will be up there. They're not good enough to challenge the top 2, but i think they'll definitely be top 4.
  • Options
    Not Liverpool please. 
  • Options
    City were bought by Abu Dhabi in 2008, that's 16 years ago. How many of their current fans were there when they were a struggling side?
  • Options
    Leave all titles with Man City unless another Leicester can appear until we turn up and do a Leicester 
    Arsenal , Liverpool , Man Utd , Chelsea, Tottenham would be horrendous as winners of anything fuck em 
    City the lesser of all evils 
    I want all them to lose and fail if City have to make that happen then good on em 
    more a case of anyone but that lot 
    I don't care who wins the title as long as it is not tottenham.
    The joy Leicester brought to the London fanbase when they won it was beyond words.
    1961 and counting 'big club' :D