Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    edited April 28
    Second goal serves them right for the entire Spurs team throwing themselves down looking for a penalty. 
  • Options
    Who the hell was supposed to be marking Saka there? - Spurs were so narrow getting back, with him out wide
  • Options

Spurs lining up a guard of honour for Arsenal when they come out for the second half 
    F***ing Knuts 
  • Options
    Ben White’s all over the keeper twice, why aren’t Spurs protecting him
  • Options
    Spurs should bring on Son 
  • Options
    Oooooooooooooooooooo, thats a penalty and a moment that all men should wince at
  • Options
    De Zerbi not looking such a stand out manager now. Yes they've sold good players and have had injuries, but currently 12th in the table and sliding badly.
  • Options
    Oooooooooooooooooooo, thats a penalty and a moment that all men should wince at
    He definitely got the ball.

• Options
    3 times now Peter Drury has called Grealish “De Bruyne” 
  • Options
    So it's as you were after Arsenal and City both win.

Arsenal   P35 80pts +57
    Man City P34 79pts +50

Arsenal have Bournemouth H, Man Utd A, Everton H 
    City have Wolves H, Fulham A, Spurs A, West Ham H 

Spurs v City is going to be weird, as surely the Spurs fans will turn up wanting their team to lose?

@JohnBoyUK - am i right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all know spurs will fuck up city , it’s happening 
  • Options
    We all know spurs will fuck up city , it’s happening 
    like night follows day...
  • Options
    Regardless of how much City have spent, I think the talk of them spending more than others (which isn't entirely true) completely undermines the quality of Pep. There's not a single manager in the world that could have done to City what he has done, and is still doing. 

He's an absolute mastermind, and irrespective of how many players he's bought, the way they play, and the consistency of their players, a lot of that is down to Pep.

In regards to clubs spending more as well for success, this isn't something new so I don't know why it matters to people that Man City are now a spending team. 

All big clubs success in the past, from Madrid to Milan to Man United has all been bought. It has always been, and always will be, about who has the most money and the better infrastructure. The difference is, City had these luxuries, and then went and brought in probably, and definitely imo, the greatest manager of all time.
    You contradicted yourself. You say success is bought which i agree with. Why does it matter who the manager is? The “top managers” are all interchangeable i reckon.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK 

One thing I will say, Michael Oliver, absolutely no balls to make a decision whatsoever.  Rice castrates Davies in the box and standing only 3-4 yards away he waves play on.  I could see it was a pen from block 324, row 50 yet he couldnt see it?!  Like WTF.

And just to reiterate my point, that picture says it all.
    Play on.  Ha, fuck me.
  • Options
    Chelsea 2-0 up over Spurs. Thursday night football looking likely for them now.
  • Options
    Doctor Spurs doing their best to make Nicolas Jackson look good again. He must love playing them!
    😂
  • Options
    edited May 3
    Doctor Spurs doing their best to make Nicolas Jackson look good again. He must love playing them!
    😂
    Now come on, the use of Doctor Tottenham is purely when Spurs lose when going into a game against an opponent in some kind of trouble, usually form, which they are expected to win.

No one ever expects to win at Stamford Bridge.
    Not with a make shift back four and 14 first teamers out. against arguably the worst Chelsea side in a generation...

Oh wait.  FFS.

Dare I say it, Ange has been found out big time.  Another 2 goals from set pieces, no fight, nothing in the final third and he still doesn't know who to play in midfield.

3 away games. 10 goals conceded, 1 goal scored and hardly a shot on goal.  He needs time to fix it but he looks a broken man without answers.

Never far away from a crisis, and we wear a crisis like a bloody comfort blanket!

[EDIT - meant to add this.  For me, we are ahead of where I thought we'd be at this stage, after 2 transfer windows for Ange.  After losing Kane in the summer and losing the regular 25-30 goals, it was always going to be a period of transition.  I would have snapped your hand off for a Europa League place at the start of the season so I'm not disappointed we're unlikely to make the CL.  So bit of perspective needs by some of our fan base but Ange needs to start coming up with answers.  Everyone can see we have an issue at set pieces yet he doesn't seem remotely bothered by it, which is worrying!]
  • Options
    surely can only have 11 first teamers out and three squad members also injured 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    surely can only have 11 first teamers out and three squad members also injured 
    ha, fair point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 3
    JohnBoyUK said:
    😂
    Now come on, the use of Doctor Tottenham is purely when Spurs lose when going into a game against an opponent in some kind of trouble, usually form, which they are expected to win.

No one ever expects to win at Stamford Bridge.
    Not with a make shift back four and 14 first teamers out. against arguably the worst Chelsea side in a generation...

Oh wait.  FFS.

Dare I say it, Ange has been found out big time.  Another 2 goals from set pieces, no fight, nothing in the final third and he still doesnt know who to play in midfield.

3 away games. 10 goals conceded, 1 goal scored and hardly a shot on goal.  He needs time to fix it but he looks a broken man without answers.

Never far away from a crisis, and we wear a crisis like a bloody comfort blanket!

Seems to be some pressure building on Ange now because of the way Spurs have lost a few recent games. A lot of talk that he doesn't appear to have a plan B and their defending at set pieces is pretty rubbish as well. Admittedly this is what i've read a lot of on twitter so not sure if its a widely held view amongst Spurs fans, although your message above does seem to back it up.

Personally as an outsider i think you have to give him the summer transfer window and then at least a few months into next season. This was surely always going to be a transitional season after losing Kane, and with him you only managed 8th last season. With 2 of your last 4 games against Burnley and Sheff Utd, it looks like the lowest you'll finish is 5th so it's a clear improvement.

The squad will need strengthening especially with European football next year but there's no point getting rid of him and starting again. Even Pep only managed 4th in his first year in the PL, and Arteta had 2 seasons finishing 8th.
  • Options
    With the squad Spurs have I would say 5th seems fair, if not one/two places higher than expected. 
  • Options
    5th is decent for Spurs, but doesn't look so good when it's Villa in 4th rather than say Man U.
  • Options

Seems to be some pressure building on Ange now because of the way Spurs have lost a few recent games. A lot of talk that he doesn't appear to have a plan B and their defending at set pieces is pretty rubbish as well. Admittedly this is what i've read a lot of on twitter so not sure if its a widely held view amongst Spurs fans, although your message above does seem to back it up.

Personally as an outsider i think you have to give him the summer transfer window and then at least a few months into next season. This was surely always going to be a transitional season after losing Kane, and with him you only managed 8th last season. With 2 of your last 4 games against Burnley and Sheff Utd, it looks like the lowest you'll finish is 5th so it's a clear improvement.

The squad will need strengthening especially with European football next year but there's no point getting rid of him and starting again. Even Pep only managed 4th in his first year in the PL, and Arteta had 2 seasons finishing 8th.
    Exactly, I was pretty much typing the same in my edit when you posted this.  He definitely needs time.  I'm not advocating sacking him for not even a split second but he is most definitely under pressure now.

There's two things that I've taken from the last week alone, pretty much direct from Ange.  I've mentioned the fact he doesn't seem to think we have a problem at set pieces already.  But in one of the pre-match pressers yesterday or the day before, he admitted not all of the squad have bought into his philosophy.  That is ringing major alarm bells.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c4n1rn7ng8jo

Tommy Doyle has moved permanently to Wolves. Quite a sensible deal in that the fee is low (£4.3m) but City have a 50% sell on clause and a buy back option.
  • Options
    even if foolishly you don't do it....why on earth would you admit it!
  • Options

Clattenburg leaves referee analyst role at Forest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cg30l8em32no
  • Options
    clive said:

Clattenburg leaves referee analyst role at Forest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cg30l8em32no
    Concentrating on Gladiators.