Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    Awooga
  • Options
    Carragher laying into Haaland for not scoring enough headers for a big man, a big man that's scored 4 goals today and tops the league's top scorer table despite being out with an injury for 6 games. I dunno what he's got against him as all he does is moan about him, maybe it's an inferiority complex
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Carragher laying into Haaland for not scoring enough headers for a big man, a big man that's scored 4 goals today and tops the league's top scorer table despite being out with an injury for 6 games. I dunno what he's got against him as all he does is moan about him, maybe it's an inferiority complex
    Garragher is a knob. Doesn’t like Joe Gomez either.
  • Options
    Sheffield United have now conceded 97 goals and with 3 games left now need a miracle to avoid breaking Swindon's long-held unwanted record of 100 goals.

Sheff Utd have already set a record for the most goals conceded at home in a Premier League season at 51 (and counting).

Newcastle scored 13 of those 97 goals which is the most a team has scored against a PL club in a single season.
    And they only needed 1 more game to become the first side in PL history to concede 100 in a 38 game season.

The last side to concede more in a 38 game top flight season was Leicester in 1908-09 (102 goals).
  • Options
    Surprised by the number of empty seats at Brighton today
  • Options
    Chelsea are such a weird team, absolutely spanking West Ham right now, so far removed from the Arsenal game. 
  • Options
    edited May 5
    sam3110 said:
    Chelsea are such a weird team, absolutely spanking West Ham right now, so far removed from the Arsenal game. 
    Aside from that Arsenal game, they've actually been in decent form. That was their only league defeat since early Feb, and it's no coincidence Palmer was missing for it.

They do have a lot of decent players and have also had to deal with a horrible injury list. Reece James, Fofana, Lavia and Nkunku have barely played at all this season. Add them into the side plus the signing of a number 9 who can finish the chances Jackson misses most weeks and i wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 3rd behind City and Arsenal next season.
  • Options
    Any one fancy Moyes as a manager.
  • Options
    Chelsea have needed a decent No9 for years, but seem

Ever since Diego Costa 7-8 years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 5
    You’ve got to give it to West Ham, when they are shit they do a proper job of it.
  • Options
    edited May 5
    Bilko said:
    You’ve got to give it to West Ham, when they are shit they do a proper job of it.
    I mean, imagine letting Jackon score 2.
  • Options
    For a manager who is supposedly a defensive minded one and putting together hard to score against teams, he has lost it this season. Only the bottom 3 have conceded  more goals, they have conceded 70 goals with two more games to go.
  • Options
    edited May 5
    Enjoyable watch at Anfield.  

Short on time, so apologies if this has been mentioned before.  

Is it just me, or would Spurs be thinking there’s no way they’re going to let Arsenal win the league?    

Referring to their upcoming game against City.

And I know they’ve tanked in recent weeks….but still..

Which also begs the question….Would anyone want us to lose a game if it meant Palace went down?  

• Options

Is it just me, or would Spurs be thinking there’s no way they’re going to let Arsenal win the league?    

Which also begs the question….Would anyone want us to lose a game if it meant Palace went down?  

No. Always want my team to win.
  • Options
    No. Anyway as we know a draw is enough to send the Palace down.

Makes me also think back to 95/96. Final game of the season. We failed to beat Wolves when a win would have guaranteed us a play off place. So we were reliant on Millwall getting something at Ipswich. As it turned out Millwall got a point which effectively got us into the playoffs, Millwall got relegated as they had to win to stay up, and Portman Road got a free makeover from the Millwall fans.

We'll quickly gloss over what happened in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Fine answers on the CP question gents.    

• Options

Not quite the same though. Spurs are 5th and are unlikely to go any higher or lower. They know if they take anything off City it almost certainly means Arsenal win the league.

If we were 5th with nothing really to play for, would you want us to win if it meant Palace winning the league? I'd be happy to watch us roll over.
  • Options
    I don't expect Spurs to roll over, however I expect them to get beat pretty soundly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If we were midtable last game of the season and had nothing at all to play for?  Yeah.
    Was going to say the same, applies to Millwall too.
  • Options
    The way Spurs are playing at the moment, losing against City won't be difficult 
  • Options
    edited May 5
    I’d happily lose to relegate a select group of teams which includes Millwall or palace (as long as it’s not to detrimental to us obviously) 
  • Options
    We have been used to losing on a weekly basis anyway haven't we, so why not lose another if it meant relegating a rival.
  • Options

100%
    If the result meant nothing to us and palice went down, then no question.
    15th May 2005.
  • Options
    2016/17 League One season we were going nowhere lower midtable , 5 games from the end of the season we played Southend at home who were in a race for the last play off spot with the scum 
    we won 2-1 I was furious 
    Scum make the play offs eventually by 1 point above Southend with a worse goal difference in 6th spot 
    if we’d drawn our league finishing position would have stayed the same lost we’d have finished one position lower in 14th and the scum would have stayed in League One
    That was the last time the scum played in League One and next will be their 8th on the spin in the Championship 

the bigger picture , some can see and plenty can’t 

• Options
    2016/17 League One season we were going nowhere lower midtable , 5 games from the end of the season we played Southend at home who were in a race for the last play off spot with the scum 
    we won 2-1 I was furious 
    Scum make the play offs eventually by 1 point above Southend with a worse goal difference in 6th spot 
    if we’d drawn our league finishing position would have stayed the same lost we’d have finished one position lower in 14th and the scum would have stayed in League One
    That was the last time the scum played in League One and next will be their 8th on the spin in the Championship 

the bigger picture, some can see and plenty can't 

Eh? Anyone who's answered has seen the bigger picture because it's the subject of the question they were asked! Not sure what you're implying here tbh. That somehow I'm wrong for always wanting us to win? Is that it?
  • Options
    I'm saying wanting us to win when it’s a massive benefit to our local rivals and to no real benefit to us is wrong 
    But I’m of the view that rivalry is a massive thing in football , the banter, abuse of mates football teams is all part of it 
    but if you’re not bothered about a local rival doing better and potentially nicking fans from us through their success then so be it 
    but you’re wrong ! 
  • Options
    Assuming Spurs beat Burnley, and Villa lose to Liverpool, Spurs would then be 4 points behind Villa with a game in hand, with Villa facing a tricky trip to Palace on the final day, while Spurs face the hopeless Sheffield United. 

A point against City could give them a chance of Top 4 on GD with a big win and Villa losing.
  • Options
    edited May 6
    I'm saying wanting us to win when it’s a massive benefit to our local rivals and to no real benefit to us is wrong 
    But I’m of the view that rivalry is a massive thing in football , the banter, abuse of mates football teams is all part of it 
    but if you’re not bothered about a local rival doing better and potentially nicking fans from us through their success then so be it 
    but you’re wrong ! 
    I'm more bothered with how my team does. If that makes me 'wrong' so be it.