Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How many English Counties are represented on Charlton Life

Comments

• Options
    Somerset.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Why does the title say English Counties?  What about @NornIrishAddick? Inclusion and diversity rules!
    In fairness, Wales and Scotland have missed out as well.

Admin, could you change the title to "Historic Counties of Great Britain and Northern Ireland where CL members live today..."
  • Options
    A new Got / Need list.

• Options
    A new Got / Need list.

I’m afraid that you are behind the times with regard to the Welsh counties. Since April 1996, Wales has had 22 administrative areas, 11 counties and 11 county boroughs. 
    Anyway, I live in the county of Vale of Glamorgan. There is another addick and contributor to this forum who lives about 200 yards from me but I will let him speak for himself.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Mametz said:
    A new Got / Need list.

I’m afraid that you are behind the times with regard to the Welsh counties. Since April 1996, Wales has had 22 administrative areas, 11 counties and 11 county boroughs. 
    Anyway, I live in the county of Vale of Glamorgan. There is another addick and contributor to this forum who lives about 200 yards from me but I will let him speak for himself.
    I'm afraid you are on the wrong thread. This is about historic counties. You need to be on the thread about "administrative counties of Wales". 

• Options
    Born in Plumstead, lived in New Eltham, have resided in many counties, and countries, but been in Leicestershire for the last 18 years! 
    Another county can be crossed off your list!
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    A new Got / Need list.

I'm afraid you are on the wrong thread. This is about historic counties. You need to be on the thread about "administrative counties of Wales". 

I was confused because your English county list included such non historic counties such as The West Midlands, ( where I lived for a couple of years) Tyne and Wear, Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Kent.
  • Options
    I can see this getting complicated...🙄
  • Options
    Born SE18,Live SE9, Heart Valley Floyd Rd,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Born in Kent, 12 years there, then 12 years in Bromley borough and  8 years in Croydon borough.  Worcestershire for the last 26 years.
  • Options
    Not an English county, County Tyrone (in Irish - Tír Eoghain, or even Contae Uí Néill).
  • Options
    As none of the rest of the Norfolk contingent have posted yet, am sending this to get it covered
    🎵 Siv is our leader, Siv is our leader, la la la la, la la la la 🎵

😉

Born in Plumstead (historic county of Kent), grew up in Barnehurst (historic county of Kent) and apart from 5 years in Chafford Hundred (the wasteland north of the Thames estuary) I've spent the last 33 years amongst the North Folk in the ancient kingdom of East Anglia.

And that is where I'll stay.
  • Options
    Born in Woolwich, now living in Cheshire.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    bobmunro said:
    Born in Woolwich, now living owns in Cheshire.
    😉

• Options
    Lived Abbey Wood until 76 then Bramhall in Cheshire until 2 years ago so although I'm in Portugal now, I feel like a can give Cheshire another tick 
  • Options
    Hampshire born, raised in West Sussex (Crawley). Lived all over London in the last 20yrs or so. East Finchley, Ealing, Dagenham, Catford and Wood Green currently.
  • Options
    South west Cambridgeshire, with a Hertfordshire  postal address.
    Got Hertfordshire, need Cambridgeshire..
    I pay my council tax in Cambridgeshire but the post code lumps me into Hertfordshire which is seven miles down the road, Bedfordhire is only two miles down the road the other way and the name of the village would suggest I live in South London or Surrey.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Born in Woolwich, now living in Cheshire.
    Are you a footballer or a WAG?
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    Mametz said:
    A new Got / Need list.

I was confused because your English county list included such non historic counties such as The West Midlands, ( where I lived for a couple of years) Tyne and Wear, Greater Manchester and Merseyside.
    Clearly there are loads of interpretations, and I agree with you. If I lived in Middlesex I'd be pissed off by the list, and why does Bristol count as an historic county??

Anyway, Vale of Glamorgan...is that South, Mid or West Glomorgan?    :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mametz said:
    A new Got / Need list.

Agree on going for historic counties...

But that means we need Cumberland and Westmorland rather than the modern invention of "Cumbria"

Also middlesex rather than London 

39 historical counties of England 
  • Options
    Shropshire
  • Options
    Born in Woolwich, lived up north for the last 52 years, 30 years in Cheshire, now living in Manchester one of 10 boroughs making up Greater Manchester. 
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    A new Got / Need list.

Agree on going for historic counties...

But that means we need Cumberland and Westmorland rather than the modern invention of "Cumbria"

Also middlesex rather than London 

39 historical counties of England 
    Don't forget Huntingdonshire, now subsumed into Cambridgeshire
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    So what we missing so far?

Bristol 
    Cornwall
    Cumbria
    Durham
    Herefordshire
    Northumberland
    Nottinghamshire
    Rutland
    South Yorkshire
    West Midlands

• Options
    I might be ticking off South Yorkshire soon, but still West for now. 
  • Options
    I might be ticking off South Yorkshire soon, but still West for now. 
    For a moment I thought you might be my son incognito but as far as I’m aware he’s not planning to move 😅.
  • Options
    So what we missing so far?

Bristol 
    Cornwall
    Cumbria
    Durham
    Herefordshire
    Northumberland
    Nottinghamshire
    Rutland
    South Yorkshire
    West Midlands