Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karoy Anderson

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Hopefully we can be in a situation come the end of the transfer window where he can be blooded in slowly rather than playing every game at such a young age
  • Options
    Hopefully we can be in a situation come the window where he can be blooded in slowly rather than playing every game at such a young age
    I think we will get that luxury. Camara will be one of the first names on the team sheet, yet to see Taylor involved…
  • Options
    Hopefully we can be in a situation come the window where he can be blooded in slowly rather than playing every game at such a young age
    I think we will get that luxury. Camara will be one of the first names on the team sheet, yet to see Taylor involved…
    I'd expect so, hopefully it gives him the best development that way too
  • Options
    Defo has a future and should be part of the squad but didn't look ready. Camera (open goal miss excluded) looked very good. Cup games and subs bench for Anderson this year but he does look a prospect 
    Just because Camera looked fantastic when he come on (against a tiring team), doesn’t necessarily mean Anderson didn’t play well. I thought he was very impressive for a debut 
    I'm delighted we have Anderson signed for 4 years, and have been particularly impressed by him pre season, but I think 'didn't look ready' is more or less spot on (just based on today). He did struggle, and the narrative going into the game around him has clouded people's views on how he played today IMO. 
  • Options
    Thought he was excellent in the first 30-40. His close control and shielding got us out of a number of tight spots.
  • Options
    Defo has a future and should be part of the squad but didn't look ready. Camera (open goal miss excluded) looked very good. Cup games and subs bench for Anderson this year but he does look a prospect 
    Just because Camera looked fantastic when he come on (against a tiring team), doesn’t necessarily mean Anderson didn’t play well. I thought he was very impressive for a debut 
    But that's not what I said though was it?
  • Options
    No, but you was saying he doesn’t look ready. My view is he does, it just looked worse for him that Camera come on looked head and shoulders above those around him. 

Perhaps I’m being too kind on Anderson. In the stadium, I thought he had a good game and didn’t look out of place (ie not ready) at all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought he was mediocre but it's his first official senior game so who cares? Especially when we win.

I would prefer Camara starting against Peterborough.
  • Options
    Did very well in spells today. 

A real prospect.
  • Options
    Thing is with debutants, fans seem to think they have to make a firm judgement on day one. I.e,  they were brilliant or they were crap and usually it's the former with academy youngsters. But more often than not, it's actually somewhere in the middle, like with Karoy today.  He did some things really well, others not so. Looked lively first half and less so second half. 6/10 is ok sometimes..
  • Options
    I think the weather forecast (heavy pitch etc) influenced Holden with one or two selections. Such as Anderson over Camara and Hector taking a seat.

I expect both to start against Peterborough 
  • Options
    How good are the kids feet in tight situations - Anderson , TC and NA seem to have the ball glued to their boots when they are under pressure. The also see to be fearless and always wanting the ball. 

Futures are bright. 
  • Options
    I thought he was great. I don't know who those saying he's not ready have been watching, France I guess.
  • Options
    I thought he did really well for the first half an hour, a little bit sloppy towards the end of the first half giving it away too easily. 

Overall though he did well for his first game, without a doubt good enough to be involved with the squad.
  • Options
    No, but you was saying he doesn’t look ready. My view is he does, it just looked worse for him that Camera come on looked head and shoulders above those around him. 

Perhaps I’m being too kind on Anderson. In the stadium, I thought he had a good game and didn’t look out of place (ie not ready) at all. 
    He misplaced a few passes and got stuck in well. He needs to be around the first team and is a bonus squad member but I think he will be used mainly from the bench
  • Options
    I thought he did really well for the first half an hour, a little bit sloppy towards the end of the first half giving it away too easily. 

Overall though he did well for his first game, without a doubt good enough to be involved with the squad.
    Weird, I thought the same  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought it was a perfectly decent debut, and impressive for an 18 year old, but if you were to judge him purely as a L1 midfielder, he was nothing special. Lets not go over the top about him, he's a really talented kid learning his trade. He'll get plenty of minutes, but I'd be surprised if he started that many L1 games, barring injuries to other players.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Rah the boy’s media trained 👀 I nearly spat out my tea when he said “intrinsically”. Well spoken @k_aando https://t.co/M7l7HohYE1

— Mandela Egbo (@mandela_e) July 23, 2023

😂😂😂🙌🏽 very well spoken

— Michael Hector (@Big_Hec35) July 23, 2023
    I love Manny Egbo so much. Just seems like a lovely guy. There aren't a lot of footballers that I'd like to spend an afternoon with, but I bet he'd be great company. I bet he'd ask how you were doing. 
    Still think it was dumb to ditch him. 
    Karoy could turn out to be some player, but needs to be ‘managed’. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Surprised by this stat, but fair play to him. I felt he has looked sluggish and slow on the ball in recent games - in pre season he seemed to be able to glide by players - but now feels like he needs to quicken his game up.

Lots of competition in that middle of the park which is not a bad thing. 
    Think it was Kanu’s goal against Bristol Rovers maybe, where Karoy got on the ball and quickly played him in with a lovely pass. That’s the kind of pace we need him to play at. Still think he’s going to be a top player and will have learnt a lot from his games, even if he’s now probably going to struggle for minutes, he will hopefully come back a better player from that experience 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I think Karoy has got outstanding promise.It was a big ask and showed a lot maybe too much faith to expect him to keep going at such a young age.

I was gutted when he came on at the weekend, he looked a bit rusty passing wise and keeping up with play.

He now knows what standard is expected of him and others each game to not just get in the team, but to stay in the team you need to make a difference at both ends of the pitch.

Definitely needs to work his way back into the team, I don’t know how many pizza games we have left to play where he could perhaps get some match time, really could do with playing every week, maybe a short term loan to a non league side, with an option to bring back early, if we get a build up of injuries and suspension, I’d rather he was making errors in other clubs teams than ours, as it can dent his confidence.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Struggled on Saturday and hoping that the return of Taylor/Fraser will take his place on the bench. Wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t 100% fit at the moment with just the general wear and tear of men’s football. As Karoy has probably played more minutes than almost every 18 year old in the league I would guess. Still plenty of football to be played this season and think a break will do him well.

• Options
    Sorry, in that interview does Karoy say he's never asked whether his middle name is after the footballer? In nearly 19 years? It's just never come up? He's just taken his middle name being Zidane at face value and never checked in with his parents while watching Zidane play football. That is...remarkable