Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karoy Anderson

Comments

• Options
    Maybe he doen't want that to be the fact which is always trotted out!
  • Options
    Maybe he doen't want that to be the fact which is always trotted out!
    Does he headbutt anyone who calls him Zidane?
  • Options
    Rob Lee when he was with us was always the former turnstyle operator. 
  • Options
    Rob Lee when he was with us was always the former turnstyle operator. 
    Robert Lee as he was known at the time.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I do think it was noticeable that Anderson was not up to the pace of things when he came on last week, but after a while he was fine which maybe people missed due to seeing two or three times him being caught out. I think this is part of his learning and we have to accept that. He is going to be a top player I think and that may be as early as this season.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Be great experience for Karoy.

Imagine he'll only be tied down to Jamaica if he plays three (?) games for them - I dont see him having the quality to play for England one day, but imagine taking advantage of this opportunity wont close other doors... So why not.

Didn't realise he was Jamaican, wonder if Asiimwe will get a similar call up for Uganda soon.
  • Options

Imagine he'll only be tied down to Jamaica if he plays three (?) games for them - I dont see him having the quality to play for England one day, but imagine taking advantage of this opportunity wont close other doors... So why not.

Didn't realise he was Jamaican, wonder if Asiimwe will get a similar call up for Uganda soon.
    I assume he qualifies through a parent or grandparent. Quite an experience to potentially play a full international aged 19.

I thought you were tied to a country if you play a competitive international?
  • Options

I assume he qualifies through a parent or grandparent. Quite an experience to potentially play a full international aged 19.

I thought there was a stupid rule now, saying that you had to play three games to be tied to a country

Wont be surprised if I'm wrong though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    That's proper Reggae, not the Led Zep version.

Well done young man.

• Options
  • Options

I thought there was a stupid rule now, saying that you had to play three games to be tied to a country

Wont be surprised if I'm wrong though
    Three competitive games. Declan Rice only played friendlies for Republic of Ireland 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many minutes was Hector awake for?
  • Options
    I just watched most of the second half of this.  Karoy looked good and definitely didn't look out of place.  It's funny seeing him playing with Leon Bailey and Demarai Gray and then seeing some of the other players who are much weaker.  Jamaica were 2-1 up when Karoy came on and he held the right side of central midfield very nicely.  He got forward a fair bit too and hit the side netting with a glorious turn and a bit of skill - he might be a bit disappointed to have scuffed his finish somewhat but he is only 19, so I would like to think he will gain composure in time.

4600 in the stadium and the pitch looked pretty crap - honestly worse than the pitches we train on.
    Interestingly Grenada had 2 of the Charles-cook clan with Regan and another who I've not heard of until now
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I just watched most of the second half of this.  Karoy looked good and definitely didn't look out of place.  It's funny seeing him playing with Leon Bailey and Demarai Gray and then seeing some of the other players who are much weaker.  Jamaica were 2-1 up when Karoy came on and he held the right side of central midfield very nicely.  He got forward a fair bit too and hit the side netting with a glorious turn and a bit of skill - he might be a bit disappointed to have scuffed his finish somewhat but he is only 19, so I would like to think he will gain composure in time.

4600 in the stadium and the pitch looked pretty crap - honestly worse than the pitches we train on.
    Interestingly Grenada had 2 of the Charles-cook clan with Regan and another who I've not heard of until now
    Was it his brother Reice? Goalkeeper, played for Coventry and Swindon before bouncing around the South East non League clubs
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

You can't fault players for playing for a country they want to represent, but ever since we essentially got relegated because Montserrat can't afford to keep a quality pitch I've been quite leery of players going out on international duty for smaller nations. Lyle Taylor went out with 5 goals and an assist in 6 Championship games and us unbeaten and we never recovered from him being out for as long as he was. We had tonnes of other injuries but one extra goal in a game would have kept us up, and I'm pretty sure he would have provided at least one of those in the 13 games he missed
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Swisdom said:

Was it his brother Reice? Goalkeeper, played for Coventry and Swindon before bouncing around the South East non League clubs
    No it was Roman - plays for Dover
  • Options
    Which family has most footballers? The Charles-Cooks or the Sodjes?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

here's the chance @Swisdom mentions above https://x.com/JackCAFC_/status/1712625017765195962?s=20

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    So level-headed.  Mark my words he is going to be a serious player and we definitely haven't seen the best of him yet.

I like and agree with this, but also am really happy we've got to a point where we aren't relying on him as he wasn't ready to be a first team regular. Hoping he'll be on a league 2 loan for the second half of the season. No doubt he is going to be some player though.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    fenaddick said:
    Swisdom said:

here's the chance @Swisdom mentions above https://x.com/JackCAFC_/status/1712625017765195962?s=20

I'm glad it caught the bit before where he was surrounded by 3 opponents, came away with the ball and then carried on his run.  It would have been some goal that.

Remember he is 19 and making his international debut here.  19!!

I'm glad we got him on a decent contract before he becomes more known.
    Think that contract is one of the best things the new owners have done and does mark a change from what would have happened prior. Credit also has to go to Holden for playing him and showing Karoy that there's a pathway to the first team