Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall vs Charlton Athletic Pre-Season Friendly 25/7/2023 Match (& post p14) Thread

Comments

• Options
    3 mins added I think?
  • Options
    Christ... Jaiyesimi looked so slow attacking just a moment ago
  • Options
    Millwall fans are buzzing, thought they didn't care  :D
    It’s their cup final 
  • Options
    Ooooh so close Payne x2
  • Options
    3 mins added I think?
    Rowett was asked how many minutes Millwall needed to get the winner
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Oh Payne, you little midget, that was nearly perfect.
  • Options
    Ooooh so close Payne x2
    Not afraid to have a pop at goal is Jack... One of the few in the team happy to at least try from outside the box
  • Options
    Can't Charlton declare now and go home.
    If Millwall wake up after we have pulled the Lion's tail it will be the Charlton crowd booing.

I take full responsibility but for Dean Holden it was getting more minutes in the players legs for the 46 matches that will start soon. Will be good to see a bona fide LB soon.
  • Options
    Ooooh so close Payne x2
    Not afraid to have a pop at goal is Jack... One of the few in the team happy to at least try from outside the box

He gets in the right positions regularly... not sure why everyone is so desperate to move him on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we do this again next summer please?

We'll be in the Championship, and Millwall in League One by then
  • Options
    FT 2-2
  • Options
    Well despite it going 2-2... We ended the game the better team
  • Options
    2-2 would have taken that all day long before the match, I was predicting 3-0 Millwall.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:
    Ok,  now the burning question is do I reboot my laptop and try to log in for the second half, and risk jinxing us, or go and sort out my washing instead?
    As long as you're in the kitchen you can do whatever you like ( it's a joke SORRY  :#)
    RIP Bob
    Luckily, I'm not a vengeful woman, so he's safe for now. 🙄 Anyway, the decision has been made for me, cos my laptop STILL hasn't finished rebooting.
    For now ?  :o:#:*
  • Options
    Camera was the best player on the pitch for either side.
  • Options
    FT 2-2 Good game ended all square, but we had them in knots for the first half and some of the second, so as I thought, tight game and a good result, well done Reds
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Away to a team a division above, and we got a draw … more than happy with that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PWW but has the sleeping giant got one eye open?
  • Options
    The better team, but that was a great match
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:
    Ok,  now the burning question is do I reboot my laptop and try to log in for the second half, and risk jinxing us, or go and sort out my washing instead?
    As long as you're in the kitchen you can do whatever you like ( it's a joke SORRY  :#)
    RIP Bob
    Luckily, I'm not a vengeful woman, so he's safe for now. 🙄 Anyway, the decision has been made for me, cos my laptop STILL hasn't finished rebooting.
    Have you tried putting it on another pair of boots?
     :o Steady on FA it was only a bit of (misplaced) fun, surely I don't deserve a kicking ?
  • Options
    Enjoyed that game,couldve won that at the end. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Away to a team in the playoffs last year a division above, and we got a draw … more than happy with that 
    A strong Millwall team too. Lots of positives to take from tonight.
  • Options
    Plenty of positives about that first half. Second half tired legs and change of shape and bad habits come back. We really do need to learn to be a more intelligent football team. Hopefully the new signings can install a bit of brain.
  • Options
    Thus it was always so and shall be to the end of time.  The footballing Gods must of taken pity on us tonight, no last minute winner for the Spanners!
  • Options
    Excellent performance.