Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tennai Watson - Signs on a TWO Year Deal (CONFIRMED) ++

Comments

• Options
    Wellred said:
    Hopefully he will strengthen our defence 
    Welcome to the Valley Tennai
    Is he appearing in Court, any time soon?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Welcome Tennai. Interesting whether he is being seen as a right or left sided player? 
    Believe he’s right footed but I’m not expecting us to sign a left back today, so I see him being this seasons Sessegnon and play wherever he’s needed most.

Thomas despite being another right footer is probably seen as LB cover too, while if we play with wing backs CBT will probably be seen as an option on both sides.
    That was my fear, I’m never 100% comfortable with a right footer at left back 
  • Options
    Is he fit?
    Probably but a hell of a difference to being match fit 
  • Options
    'Wants tension' is both an anagram and perhaps an attitude of our new signing.
  • Options
    Seems a decent signing. Looking forward to seeing him play
  • Options
    The big question is how match fit is he? 
    Missed a chunk of games at the start of last season, in the last 28 games or so he managed a full 90 in at least 22-3 of those. 

So he's been more active than a crop of our recent signings, notably; Edun, Camara, Taylor.

Detailed stats can be found here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tennai-watson/leistungsdaten/spieler/342018/plus/0?saison=2022

Doesn't seem to be a sick note but was hampered by 2 very recent hamstring injuries. I would say based on his run at the end of last season though, he may be ready to play.

Welcome Tennai, got a good feeling about this 
    But what has he been doing all summer? Where did he train, has he played any sort of football since last season?
  • Options
    first one in the books.

keep em coming 
  • Options
    Is he fit?

This isn't the Would Ya thread.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont think he is very good and have a feeling he has been signed like a few of our squad have because they looked good against us/scored against us 

Happy to be proven wrong 
  • Options
    Son of Ben?
    Would seem unlikely as there's only 12 years difference between them. 
    The DyerConsequences of unprotected sex.
  • Options
    This is Charlton Athletic Football Club, we do not worry about trivialities such as a players fitness.
    He'll be injured or red carded before he gets fit, so a minor detail. Welcome to 'The Shittest Shit Show in Earth.'

On a serious point, I don't blame him for wanting out of Milton Keynes, that's a gimme, but who has really made him an alternative better offer. Knowing our wage policy right now the other clubs were non-League. 
  • Options
    No idea how good a signing this is, gets my support like all Charlton players, hopefully he is a step up on Clare & Sessegnon. 
  • Options
    A real signal of intent from the GOF
  • Options
    Son of Ben?
    Would seem unlikely as there's only 12 years difference between them. 
    Comes from Croydon so quite possible 
  • Options
    Older then I assumed, at 26 that must make him one of our veterans.
  • Options
    Let's hope he's not a budget Sean Clare as he was already budget enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent enough just to sign someone that gives Asimwe a break
  • Options
    Sounds a reasonable signing, time will tell! 
    Bit odd that we only sign him on the last day of the window when he has been a free agent all summer. All that time to get up to match fitness wasted. 
  • Options
    welcome Tennai and all the best .. however I have my reservations about our need to sign another relatively inexperienced lower league player aged 26 .. as ever, we will see
  • Options
    welcome Tennai and all the best .. however I have my reservations about our need to sign another relatively inexperienced lower league player aged 26 .. as ever, we will see
    '26 is too young'

Somehow not even the craziest thing said on here today, possibly
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Leuth said:
    '26 is too young'

I presumed Lincs was talking about his experience @ 26, not his Age

He's played 89-League Games | 114 in all competitions

Not the best for a 26-year old - Lloyd Jones and Terrell Thomas are a year older and have played roughly double that amount of games... Kirk is a year younger and has played over 200-games.
  • Options
    Sounds a reasonable signing, time will tell! 
    Bit odd that we only sign him on the last day of the window when he has been a free agent all summer. All that time to get up to match fitness wasted. 
    Back then we weren't as desperate, now we are. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    '26 is too young'

wtf are you on about .. the point is he's 26 with very little league experience .. too old i m o,  not too young, 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    '26 is too young'

wtf are you on about .. the point is he's 26 with very little league experience .. too old i m o,  not too young, 
    Shall we discuss the curious case of Jamie Vardy then?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    '26 is too young'

Shall we discuss the curious case of Jamie Vardy then?
    no thanks
  • Options
    Missed a chunk of games at the start of last season, in the last 28 games or so he managed a full 90 in at least 22-3 of those. 

So he's been more active than a crop of our recent signings, notably; Edun, Camara, Taylor.

Detailed stats can be found here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tennai-watson/leistungsdaten/spieler/342018/plus/0?saison=2022

Doesn't seem to be a sick note but was hampered by 2 very recent hamstring injuries. I would say based on his run at the end of last season though, he may be ready to play.

Welcome Tennai, got a good feeling about this 
    But what has he been doing all summer? Where did he train, has he played any sort of football since last season?
    No idea, suppose with the Wigan break he will be tested in the Crawley cup game. Should be a decent test to see where he's at