Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tennai Watson - Signs on a TWO Year Deal (CONFIRMED) ++

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2023
    I must have a blind spot because there’s a lot of people digging him out for today. We looked better when he was subbed off but I though that was more because of TC coming on for Tedic. And obviously then Aneke a few moments later.

What did he do wrong? I apparently missed it
  • Options
    I was first row behind the dugout - the kid was out of his depth 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Asiimwe was assured on the ball, went forward, found his winger, supported attacks, made darts inside, looked like a confident and capable footballer. We were utterly transformed with him and Tyreese down the right. Watson more or less hid, including for their first goal 
    Couldn’t agree more 
  • Options
    Asiimwe carries a real attacking threat and works well with Campbell.
  • Options
    Very early days but not been impressed so far. Bad positioning and doesn't seem to drive forward 
  • Options
    I must have a blind spot because there’s a lot of people digging him out for today. We looked better when he was subbed off but I though that was more because of TC coming on for Tedic. And obviously then Aneke a few moments later.

What did he do wrong? I apparently missed it
    Thought it was just me that missed it 
  • Options
    Thought he should've closed the man who turned and played the ball through that ended up as their 1st goal. Just hasn't appeared to be aggressive enough so far. 
  • Options
    Doesn’t do anything for me. Assimwe much better 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc4life said:
    Different types of full back. Watson more likely to stay wide and put crosses into the box. Assimwe is very comfortable in possession and often drifts more central to support us in midfield 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Asiimwe was assured on the ball, went forward, found his winger, supported attacks, made darts inside, looked like a confident and capable footballer. We were utterly transformed with him and Tyreese down the right. Watson more or less hid, including for their first goal 
    In fairness to Watson he didn’t have a winger in front of him, he had a carthorse striker being asked to play wide. Watson would have looked better with TC in front.
  • Options
    The problem is at the moment he's not going forward enough and not especially good at defending
  • Options
    Our two left and right backs are completely different players. 2 would suit the weird football that Postecoglu is playing at Tottenham where the fullbacks spend as much time in central midfield as they do wide. This fits Asimwe and Edun. Doesn't suit Watson or Thomas, I was not overly convinced about Watson, thought he was average for the franchise, but remain delighted if I'm proven wrong, I do remain to be convinced though. In his defence he hasn't had a pre-season like a lot of our signings and did really well when he came on against Wycombe. 

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    cafc4life said:
    Different types of full back. Watson more likely to stay wide and put crosses into the box. Assimwe is very comfortable in possession and often drifts more central to support us in midfield 
    Sums it up well for me. More of a plus for me in this game as we were getting outnumbered in middle of the park so Assimwe drifting inside helped our balance. To me Watson is still finding his feet and too early to write him off 
  • Options
    Not writing off Watson yet, but so far he doesn't look like the sort of player you wait all summer to sign, because he's that good.
    He was probably second choice after the medical team decided Dabo wasn’t up to it. 
  • Options
    Certainly too early to write him off. However, not seen anything in his game to say he’s a better option than Asiimwe.

Defensively he’s poor, he’s not very quick, he’s not aggressive in attack. I actually thought he only looked decent against Wycombe because they gave him the entirety of the right hand side and all the time in the world to get forward.

Lots of the season left, but I think our best back 4 is without Watson and Thomas and instead it includes Asiimwe and Edun.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Agree with that. Asiimwe beats him in awareness, endeavour and physical attributes. Maybe Watson could play left back :/

Wonder what or if any other teams were in for him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think people are being a bit harsh after one poor performance. He's made four appearances, has already got an assist and played 81 minutes in a clean sheet performance. He was fine against Exeter as well. He's not had a pre-season and has a lot of fitness to make up, as well as needing a bit more time to gel with the team. On top of that we only need him to be a good enough rotation option to help with Asiimwe's development. It'll be ok.
    I'm inclined to agree, he's unlikely to become a world beater but I hope/suspect we haven't seen his best yet. I don't know if he's a long-term solution to the FB dilemma but I think he'll do alright as a squad option.
  • Options
    He'll be fine. He looked really good in one performance as a sub overlapping and whipping in crosses, then sprinting back. 

This couple of weeks focus time for the non intl squad should help him a bit too. 
  • Options
    Honestly he is the worst RB I witnessed in a Charlton shirt.

He is so slow on the ball, can’t cross nor make decent forward runs.

To top it off, Peterborough’s 2nd was down to him. The player who made the assist had so much time on ball and Watson was the nearest but he was just jogging back and not acknowledging the player. That is just basic and pathetic football.
  • Options
    He’s average, we’ve had worse. Good enough to be a squad player next year.
  • Options
    Looks like he’s not the player we hoped for.
  • Options
    His lack of effort to get back is pathetic 
    our footballers at the back are lacking in footballing nous
    hate em all utter shit