Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Residents Parking Expansion for SE7 - UPDATE PAGE 3

1161718192022»

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    So they get more traffic into Greenwich with the arrival of the Silvertown Tunnel, and then invariably when it goes tits up and the tunnels close and you have to find alternative routes, all the nearby roads will be restricted? 

Outstanding 
    Already happens with the queues for the existing tunnel.
  • Looks like it will be Monday to Friday and only during certain times.

• That doesn’t make sense. So if you go down the club shop or ticket office on a non Matchday, you now have to pay and park in the car park? When you can’t park on nearby streets, where is the incentive in that?  I certainly won’t pay just to visit the club shop for 20 mins.

Why not make it on non-matchdays free for up to 45 mins? Who else would use it for that period without it being in benefit of the club? 
    They could do the "money -off" your shopping as the supermarkets do
  • edited August 24
    That doesn’t make sense. So if you go down the club shop or ticket office on a non Matchday, you now have to pay and park in the car park? When you can’t park on nearby streets, where is the incentive in that?  I certainly won’t pay just to visit the club shop for 20 mins.

Why not make it on non-matchdays free for up to 45 mins? Who else would use it for that period without it being in benefit of the club? 
    They could do the "money -off" your shopping as the supermarkets do
    You can still park free in the street near the shop on non matchdays. Long enough to go shopping or buy a ticket.
  • Isn’t the restriction pre 10am and post 3pm? Can’t see that having any influence on the shop trade. 
  • Arrived by train at 1400, amazed to see local road empty.
  • Arrived by train at 1400, amazed to see local road empty.
    They are always like that, this is why Greenwich Council going overboard is stupid. Thankfully I don’t work in SE London very often anymore, Charlton was always a joy to work in as there was never aggro with parked cars. The club needs to grip this 
  • Little confused why elected incompetents would go ahead with a scheme for local residents that has been overwhelmingly rejected by the very same local residents.
    It is basically f***ing mental. 😂

• Crusty54 said:
    sam3110 said:
    So they get more traffic into Greenwich with the arrival of the Silvertown Tunnel, and then invariably when it goes tits up and the tunnels close and you have to find alternative routes, all the nearby roads will be restricted? 

Outstanding 
    Already happens with the queues for the existing tunnel.
    But at the moment the roads nearby aren't low traffic neighborhoods, so it will be even worse
  • Yep, i regularly have to queue 15 mins on the slip road down to get off the A102 approaching the blackwall tunnel at the junction with the woolwich road by IKEA on the way back from the gym at kidbrooke, this between 7.30 and 8.30

So I am delighted that the solution to traffic on residential roads in east greenwich is to close all the crossings over the rail line (westcombe hill, halstow road/ormiston road, vanbrugh hill and all others i think until greenwich south street) to traffic between 7am and 10am and 3-6pm (timings may be wrong).

So the Silvertown tunnel will open, but to more limited lanes of traffic as one lane will be a car park for periods of the day as the already large amounts of traffic coming onto that roundabout increase by all local traffic looking to travel from south of the railway to north. 

Top quality planning. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If I still lived in Eastcombe Avenue I would very likely have got rid of the car. All the blocked off or residents access only roads just force everybody onto the main drag. My mate who lives in Lee says it's an absolute nightmare to get anywhere.
  • red10 said:
    If I still lived in Eastcombe Avenue I would very likely have got rid of the car. All the blocked off or residents access only roads just force everybody onto the main drag. My mate who lives in Lee says it's an absolute nightmare to get anywhere.
    I agree with you red 10, having been born in Charlton, and lived there for 18 years, having attended Fosdene and Sherrington schools, and worked in Woolwich, the whole area seems to be anti car. 
    Took the Grandkids to Greenwich Park in the school holidays a couple of times, a place we used to visit on a weekly event for years and the parking was dreadful. What is it with this 2 hour parking!, all right to take the dog for a walk, but pretty useless for families.  Mind you the price of houses in Eastcombe Avenue are out of my price range these days!,
  • DA9 said:
    Lombard Wall is a good spot, next to primark, 5 minute walk to the ground via ransom walk 
    Is Lombard Wall not part of the parking zone?  I tried anchor and hope lane (next road up parallel to Lombard) and it is now controlled parking. The map (and parkopedia) suggest Lombard is controlled parking also. 
  • DA9DA9
    edited August 27
    BalladMan said:
    DA9 said:
    Lombard Wall is a good spot, next to primark, 5 minute walk to the ground via ransom walk 
    Is Lombard Wall not part of the parking zone?  I tried anchor and hope lane (next road up parallel to Lombard) and it is now controlled parking. The map (and parkopedia) suggest Lombard is controlled parking also. 
    Not according to the map on the website 

• Little confused why elected incompetents would go ahead with a scheme for local residents that has been overwhelmingly rejected by the very same local residents.
    It is basically f***ing mental. 😂

Am affected by this...seriously pi$$ed off...rejected by nearly 80% of us residents...and going ahead anyway... Going to make our lives hell...
  • edited August 28
    Sorry to ask as it prob has been mentioned in this thread before,I’ve tried finding it but can’t,anyways need to pop onto club shop tomoz be about 11ish…is there free parking on Floyd rd opposite shop at that time ie the 2hrs,not that il need no more than 15mins…thanks in advance 
  • Sorry to ask as it prob has been mentioned in this thread before,I’ve tried finding it but can’t,anyways need to pop onto club shop tomoz be about 11ish…is there free parking on Floyd rd opposite shop at that time ie the 2hrs,not that il need no more than 15mins…thanks in advance 
    Sorted Thanks…👍
  • I walked along Harvey Gardens yesterday and saw that the signs showed the extension of parking hours to 20:30. However, the signs in Floyd Road and other streets in the area still show 18:30.
  • I walked along Harvey Gardens this morning and the signs still say 6.30pm 
  • Sounds like Crusty has had a senior moment  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Cycled in for Rotherham game, noticed one of those crane type lorries for lifting (illegally parked/broken down) vehicles parked at the top of Eastcombe Ave, it was unmanned. Then passing Charlton station  different one drove past. Is this co-incidence? Do the council have their own ones is this work sub-contracted? Or are they poised waiting for work?
  • From memory, cars can only be removed if they are causing an obstruction and councils can't tow a car for being wrongly parked. And to be fair it's fair to lift anyone parked where emergency vehicles might need fast access so I don't think this is connected with the parking rules.
  • There is a car pound just off Eastcombe Avenue , illegally parked cars are taken there from a large area of south east London 
  • Cycled in for Rotherham game, noticed one of those crane type lorries for lifting (illegally parked/broken down) vehicles parked at the top of Eastcombe Ave, it was unmanned. Then passing Charlton station  different one drove past. Is this co-incidence? Do the council have their own ones is this work sub-contracted? Or are they poised waiting for work?
    as said above, that might be more to do with the car pound at the end Bramshot Avenue, those trucks are a law unto themselves (often parking on the pavement on the Charlton Road bridge over the A102).