Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Residents Parking Expansion for SE7 - UPDATE PAGE 3

Comments

• I see the new owners have taken Katrein's ticket tax & ran with it. You now have to pay £2 of you simply want to buy or even pick up tickets.
    Pricing only starts at 1 hour. My reading of that would be free up to 1 hour and that's what I would say at the appeal. Misleading signs otherwise. (There should also be an apostrophe in it's.)
  • edited July 19
    The west stand car park today.

Insert popcorn eating image here
    Can anyone just turn up on match days and park there? Mind you have to arrive at like mid-day to be in with a shout.
    Seeing as the maximum parking time is 4 hours you wont be able to park before 1pm. And what happens if you are there for more than 4 hours....?? Toward away ??  Ticket  ??

Seeing as most of our games dont finish until 5pm you might want to be parking after 1.15 just to be sure. 
    Beauty of these apps now... You can pay for the added parking away from the car

Good luck using the app in the Ground though!!
  • cafcfan said:
    I see the new owners have taken Katrein's ticket tax & ran with it. You now have to pay £2 of you simply want to buy or even pick up tickets.
    Pricing only starts at 1 hour. My reading of that would be free up to 1 hour and that's what I would say at the appeal. Misleading signs otherwise. (There should also be an apostrophe in it's.)
    Would be my take on it as well. Up to 1 hour is free. 
  • Also, I see one of those signs (by the entrance) is hinged. I assume it flaps up and says something different during actual match periods. (Shame @Henry Irving didn't get a picture of that.)
  • edited July 19
    cafcfan said:
    I see the new owners have taken Katrein's ticket tax & ran with it. You now have to pay £2 of you simply want to buy or even pick up tickets.
    I dunno... Usually the apps will ask how long you want to park for, and the minimum you can select will be 1-hour... therefore you'll need to pay - If you dont enter anything, the automatic reg plate thingy will screw you over.

Options available when you're using the app

• cafcfan said:
    I dunno... Usually the apps will ask how long you want to park for, and the minimum you can select will be 1-hour... therefore you'll need to pay - If you dont enter anything, the automatic reg plate thingy will screw you over.

Options available when you're using the app

That just confirms that their signs are misleading and therefore a breach of their own, new, code. An easy win on appeal.  By the way disturbing that GroupNexus is really called CP Plus Ltd. It's a fecking stripey nigel owned company isn't it!
  • So if the first hour is free who is this designed to make pay?

Surely no ‘local’ businesses park here during the day or commuters so who is it aimed at?
  • So if the first hour is free who is this designed to make pay?

Surely no ‘local’ businesses park here during the day or commuters so who is it aimed at?
    Have seen it busy in the car park on a Friday Lunchtime, presumably for Friday prayers across the road
  • shirty5 said:
    cafcfan said:
    Does it say so though ? Might lose that arguement in court. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 19
    shirty5 said:
    cafcfan said:
    Does it say so though ? Might lose that arguement in court. 
    That’s my point Golf. Where does it say 0-1 Hours? 

An example of 0-1 Hours shown below 

• JohnnyH2 said:
    So if the first hour is free who is this designed to make pay?

Have seen it busy in the car park on a Friday Lunchtime, presumably for Friday prayers across the road
    Well that would make sense if often being used by non club associated visitors. 

Easy revenue stream and no impact on supporters / ad hoc visits to buy tickets etc. on basis 1 hour is free. 
  • Clarification is going to be needed if parking for the club shop ain't going to be free.
    The first sign says a a parking charge may be issued, it doesn't say will be issued.
    Parking in Floyd Road can never be guaranteed and if the club is taking over the shop it ain't going to want to norse things up straight away with this sort of braindead profiteering.
  • Free parking is still available on the road on non matchdays and ticket sales are inside the shop.
  • That doesn’t make sense. So if you go down the club shop or ticket office on a non Matchday, you now have to pay and park in the car park? When you can’t park on nearby streets, where is the incentive in that?  I certainly won’t pay just to visit the club shop for 20 mins.

Why not make it on non-matchdays free for up to 45 mins? Who else would use it for that period without it being in benefit of the club? 
    You can park in the street for 2 hours , enough time to visit the shop and museum
  • No more using car park for parking when getting coach to away games.

also assume match days means home games only
  • clive said:
    Love how the Trust points out that although there may be a few spaces in Heathtree Gardens you do have to walk up Thorntree Road......forgetting that this will also be the case if you park south of Charlton park ( which they seem to be signalling a virtue).

Whatever way you look at it you are screwed if you want/need to drive to the ground for 3pm kick-ofs.

Since moving to Bromley last year I have decided to go by bus. 261 to Lewisham & then 380 towards Belmarsh !  This has partly made me also not to go to every home game after having a ST since 1992.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Greenwich Council cared about how these restrictions impacted on a local business & a social asset ( look at the great work Charlton do in the community) then surely if they must have these restrictions, then why can’t a park & ride scheme be set up, working with the club, similar to Southampton & other grounds ? Money is spent at local businesses on match days,( particularly if we ever did get back to the Premiership ! ) As usual a totally blinkered approach by Greenwich council. All they will do is ultimately turn people off coming to games, particularly with the increased Sky coverage. I made the mistake of parking at the car park near the Trafalgar pub this week to take my Grandkids to see the Cutty Sark. That was £15.00 for 3 hours parking before any other money was spent which is no joke particularly when you’re on a pension. 
    Maybe they are trying to compete with Brighton council for the most outrageous car parking fees. 
    Living in Bromley it will take me 20 to 25 minutes to get there but with those sort of prices I won’t be going back anytime soon. I suppose bus or train is an alternative option so if it’s Greenwich Councils plan to price out more people from the roads then maybe they are going to be successful but that involves more planning , more time , & stops’ spur of the moment’ decisions. Whichever way you look at it , without doubt this will impact on attendances at the Valley. 
  • Just to be clear it’s the Trafalgar car park I won’t be going back to & not the Valley ! 
  • shirty5 said:
    That link doesn't link to any RBG page with the actual maps visible, which ain't helpful.
    There are maps to be found in the depths of RBG's website but not there
  • If Greenwich Council cared about how these restrictions impacted on a local business & a social asset ( look at the great work Charlton do in the community) then surely if they must have these restrictions, then why can’t a park & ride scheme be set up, working with the club, similar to Southampton & other grounds ? Money is spent at local businesses on match days,( particularly if we ever did get back to the Premiership ! ) As usual a totally blinkered approach by Greenwich council. All they will do is ultimately turn people off coming to games, particularly with the increased Sky coverage. I made the mistake of parking at the car park near the Trafalgar pub this week to take my Grandkids to see the Cutty Sark. That was £15.00 for 3 hours parking before any other money was spent which is no joke particularly when you’re on a pension. 
    Maybe they are trying to compete with Brighton council for the most outrageous car parking fees. 
    Living in Bromley it will take me 20 to 25 minutes to get there but with those sort of prices I won’t be going back anytime soon. I suppose bus or train is an alternative option so if it’s Greenwich Councils plan to price out more people from the roads then maybe they are going to be successful but that involves more planning , more time , & stops’ spur of the moment’ decisions. Whichever way you look at it , without doubt this will impact on attendances at the Valley. 
    Read my post above from August 9th. I also live in Bromley & it takes less than an hour on the bus, even with a change at Lewisham. Cost is £1.75 each way, as if you change buses within an hour you are only charge for one ride. And no faffing around trying to find somewhere to park which has been my biggest bugbear for years.

Bus stop for the 380 is just yards from Floyd Road, although there is a diversion after 2pm and before 6pm......but even so the nearest stop is then in Thorntree Road which is less than a 5 min walk......and all downhill on the way there !
    Read my post above from August 9th. I also live in Bromley & it takes less than an hour on the bus, even with a change at Lewisham. Cost is £1.75 each way, as if you change buses within an hour you are only charge for one ride. And no faffing around trying to find somewhere to park which has been my biggest bugbear for years.

Bus stop for the 380 is just yards from Floyd Road, although there is a diversion after 2pm and before 6pm......but even so the nearest stop is then in Thorntree Road which is less than a 5 min walk......and all downhill on the way there !
    You do know Kinveachy Gardens is literally just around the corner from that bus stop you mentioned. Literally 10 seconds walk away from a car parking space...

You do know Kinveachy Gardens is literally just around the corner from that bus stop you mentioned. Literally 10 seconds walk away from a car parking space...
    Have you ever managed to park there after 2pm ?  I've driven round & round the ground on many occasions on all the side roads are full well before 2pm. You may get lucky & nab a space that someone is just leaving. But that's like finding rocking horse shit. 
  • Lombard Wall is a good spot, next to primark, 5 minute walk to the ground via ransom walk 

Have you ever managed to park there after 2pm ?  I've driven round & round the ground on many occasions on all the side roads are full well before 2pm. You may get lucky & nab a space that someone is just leaving. But that's like finding rocking horse shit. 
    From the latest CAST post link above

Free parking still exists in Heathwood Gardens and Kinveachy Gardens despite the fact that they are shown on the Royal Borough of Greenwich map to be in the controlled zone. Last season there were still places available in those roads 20 minutes before kick-off but please note that parking there does require walking up the steep hill of Thorntree Road after the game.
  • Not specifically about parking around the Valley but just seen the local news on BBC about new Low Traffic Neighbourhood (LTN) that Greenwich Council are bringing in. 

Small local roads being closed to traffic. Lits had sprung up around London over the past few years but I thought they had been abolished (by Rishi ?)

Just looks like more travel woes for south Londoners. 
  • So they get more traffic into Greenwich with the arrival of the Silvertown Tunnel, and then invariably when it goes tits up and the tunnels close and you have to find alternative routes, all the nearby roads will be restricted? 

Outstanding