Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Residents Parking Expansion for SE7 - UPDATE PAGE 3

Comments

• Options
    It would be good to organise a poll of how fans got on today. Are CAST doing anything?
    the club should do something. 
  • Options
    edited February 3
    Just parked up along Kinveachy Gardens plenty of spaces on offer but Thorntree Road (facing downhill) looks like it’s full already unless you have a small car.
  • Options
    Still plenty of space in Kinveachy and Heathwood
  • Options
    How was the parking situation today?
  • Options
    edited February 3
    How was the parking situation today?
    Parked in my usual spot after arriving at 2.50; no bother. 15 min walk to ground.
  • Options
    I went a maybe 15 mins earlier, my usual places gone so we ended up maybe 10 mins walk further away. We are OK to walk but if the crowd was bigger, driving wouldn't be an option because parking would be too hard - where we parked was about as far away as I've ever parked for a game even during the prem sell out crowd days.

Some of the people I sit with went by bus for the first time but they were worried how long it would take to get home.

We are clearly going to loose support over this - if it gets too difficult we will stop and I've been going for almost 60 years, jeeze I must be completely nuts.

I did note a few parking spaces for two hours free right by the ground which were never free in the past. If i cant find anything near enough maybe I'd use one of those and leave early - only be missing us conceding a late goal to snatch a defeat from a draw!

• Options
    jonno said:
    I went a maybe 15 mins earlier, my usual places gone so we ended up maybe 10 mins walk further away. We are OK to walk but if the crowd was bigger, driving wouldn't be an option because parking would be too hard - where we parked was about as far away as I've ever parked for a game even during the prem sell out crowd days.

Some of the people I sit with went by bus for the first time but they were worried how long it would take to get home.

We are clearly going to loose support over this - if it gets too difficult we will stop and I've been going for almost 60 years, jeeze I must be completely nuts.

I did note a few parking spaces for two hours free right by the ground which were never free in the past. If i cant find anything near enough maybe I'd use one of those and leave early - only be missing us conceding a late goal to snatch a defeat from a draw!

Park at Asda and pay the fee ?
  • Options
    My usual options were taken.
    So had to walk up a bloody hill.
    Only an extra 100\200 yards, but it's uphill that is the bugger. 
  • Options
    My usual options were taken.
    So had to walk up a bloody hill.
    Only an extra 100\200 yards, but it's uphill that is the bugger. 

Know what you mean, it feels like five miles when you’ve lost.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I walked down Charlton lane about 1/4 to 3. A couple of things I noticed, the council seemed have been round and repainted all the yellow lines and parking bays, there were spaces to park down on the right hand side between Lansdowne Mews and Harvey Gardens which I’ve never seen before that close to kick off.
  • Options
    Still baffles me how huge swathes of private land is going completely unused, and could easily make a easy buck letting supporters park there…

the curry’s/B&M ‘overflow’ car park hasn’t been used since the prem days - easily get 100 cars there, and around £5 a car great moneyspinner! 
  • Options
    Let's face it, with attendances we're experiencing lately parking spaces are not going to be as much of a problem as it was.

Just wait until fans come flocking back next season as we storm the league. This thread will be the most popular on Charlton Life.
  • Options
    Has anyone fallen foul of the new restrictions and actually received a ticket?
  • Options
    Has anyone fallen foul of the new restrictions and actually received a ticket?
    I'd imagine anyone parked in Delafield Road did yesterday. Walked past 2 wardens taking pictures of numberplates at 2.15pm, so no doubt came back at 4.15 to see if any of them were still there. 
  • Options
    edited February 4
    Damn, Made a "smart alec" comment then realised I'd misread the original post!!!!
  • Options
    The more I think about it the more admiration I have for the away support yesterday. No trains at all on East Midlands rail, parking a clusterfuck yet they still brought at least 3000 and a lot more in home areas, given that most of them don't like Paul Warne which is in itself shocking as I think he is great, and say the football is shit, and I know we always get the exiled fans of these clubs living within the M25. 

This is going to be such a problem when trying to sell season tickets and in turn plan budgets for next season. 
  • Options
    I got my usual spot on a double yellow line, just a 5 minute walk away. I’m lucky that I now have a blue badge. Arrived around 1.55pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 5
    Another BB holder here. I thought that Greenwich allowed parking in residents bays so I did that; turns out they don't, but I got away with it. Will revert to my usual yellow line next time. I thought the traffic afterwards was much lighter than usual, was driving through Charlton village and towards Blackheath at stunning speeds. 
  • Options
    edited February 5
    Next home game will be far busier than of recent. Pompey on the 24th even more so.
  • Options
    MartinCAFC said:
    Just parked up along Kinveachy Gardens plenty of spaces on offer but Thorntree Road (facing downhill) looks like it’s full already unless you have a small car.
    I normally park Kinveachy Gardens anyway... Is this OK still then?
  • Options
    Baronoli said:
    MartinCAFC said:
    I normally park Kinveachy Gardens anyway... Is this OK still then?
    Yes there are Free Parking signs up all along there no new signage or new marked out parking bays, same as usual.
  • Options
    Turned up 15 mins earlier than usual, loads of spaces in my normal place which is just outside the zone
  • Options
    I normally park in Wolf crescent in one of the bays . Is that not allowed now ? 
    I also have a blu badge , so can I park on the yellow or double yellow lines even thought it’s residential parking? 
  • Options
    Managed  to get a visitor's day parking permit, at cost, from a  local resident.

Will be interesting to see how busy the parking bays are tomorrow (museum) and Saturday.
    How busy were the parking bays in the zone around where you were on Saturday H?
  • Options
    I normally park in Wolf crescent in one of the bays . Is that not allowed now ? 
    I also have a blu badge , so can I park on the yellow or double yellow lines even thought it’s residential parking? 
    The double yellow lines were rammed with blue badge parking.
    I believe that's allowed, but don't take my word for it.
  • Options
    Us BB people can park for 3 hours on single or double yellows (unless there's those marks on the curb). So too much injury time is no good...