Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Residents Parking Expansion for SE7 - UPDATE PAGE 3

Comments

• Options
    Cheers all. Parked in horndair rd. 
  • Options
    Am I reading the trust statement right that they also seem to think spaces marked as free parking will stay that way and not require a permit even if in the proposed permit extension area?
  • Options
    So parking in priolo road which is resident parking is good today I think?
  • Options
    The expanded parking zone (*not* the matchday one, no news on that) begins on January 15, according to letters landing on residents’ doormats today - Derby at home will be the first Saturday match affected.

(There’s also a midweek against Northampton on the 23rd, but expect the impact will be limited.)

What's the latest, is this still current?
    Have road signs been changed or is it almost impossible to tell where you can & can't park?
  • Options
    I sent a complaint to TFL yesterday. Last Monday my son & I decided to catch the 380 to Lewisham (then the 216 to Bromley). Times of the 380 from the corner of Sundorne RD (next road up from Delafield rd & 2 min walk from Floyd rd) are 5.10, 5.25, 5.40, 5.55 etc etc.

The online app shows where buses are and how long until they reach the stop (this particular bus stop has no electronic timings). We were tracking the 5.25pm one & suddenly is disappeared. 10 mins later we are told the next bus to.arrive will be the 5.40. The 5.25 bus then re-appears on the app on Charlton Road near the Royal Standard. The 5.40pm disappears from the app and once again, 5 mins later, it shows that the next bus is the 5.55.pm......with the 5.40 reappearing, guess where.....nr the Royal Standard. 

It appears to me that TFL deliberately cut out the "Charlton" part of the journey and the bus effectively carries on past Charlton Pk, through Charlton Village & along to Blackheath, missing out the loop down Charlton Church lane, along Sundorne rd & back up to the Royal Standard. My son said this happened on the 23rd Dec (Burton) where, after waiting almost an hour, decided to get a train. 

So. I am trying to be a good citizen. I am trying to ditch my car & take public transport (which is a hard thing to do after 35 years of driving everywhere) but TFL are not making it easy.

Rant over.

Routes 380 and 486 are diverted during Charlton Athletic FC matches for a 30 minute period before kick off and a 30 minute period after the final whistle. This is due to health and safety concerns as a result of the number of spectators in the vicinity of the ground. TfL has previously reviewed the arrangements in 2009 and as a result reduced the period of time from 60 minutes on either side to the current 30 minutes.

TfL is reviewing arrangements again to see if there is scope for reducing diversions further, particularly before kick off.

https://www.london.gov.uk/who-we-are/what-london-assembly-does/questions-mayor/find-an-answer/380-and-486-buses#:~:text=Routes 380 and 486 are,the vicinity of the ground.

• Options
    Am I reading the trust statement right that they also seem to think spaces marked as free parking will stay that way and not require a permit even if in the proposed permit extension area?
    No. We understand that there MIGHT be SOME free parking spaces within the CPZ. We hope this will become clearer after Jan 15th.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Can we buy visitors permits from RBG?
    or are they only available to residents?
    As the major local business will CAFC not be justified in having visitors permits for its customers?
    plenty of revenue for RBG from visitors permits if that’s part of the goal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Visitor vouchers only available for residents in the CPZ but we know that plenty of Charlton fans do live in the zone. 

Businesses can also access visitor vouchers. CAST are setting up a meeting with CAFC about the parking - probably next week. We will find out about their attitude to visitor vouchers. 
  • Options
    A friend who lives in Greenwich mentioned there are some industrial units with forecourts backing on to the river near the Thames Barrier which are closed on Saturdays. 

Don't know the area myself but is it worth contacting such units/businesses in the area ? 

CAST might suggest the club contacting these & similar companies in the area when they have their meeting next week ?  
  • Options
    A friend who lives in Greenwich mentioned there are some industrial units with forecourts backing on to the river near the Thames Barrier which are closed on Saturdays. 

Don't know the area myself but is it worth contacting such units/businesses in the area ? 

CAST might suggest the club contacting these & similar companies in the area when they have their meeting next week ?  
    Noted, Jean, thanks. 
  • Options
    My usual parking place has signs up along the street saying new road markings to take place on Monday weather permitting.

the ‘Free Parking’ signs which had previously been visible looked to have been removed as well.

Today should be okay but looks definitely to be the last time until new restrictions are in.
  • Options
    All down anchor and hope lane has the signs up already and new road markings. Is it effective Monday or because the signs are there they come in force immediately?
  • Options
    edited January 13
  • Options
    castrust said:
    Plenty of good alternatives there in that article from what will come in next month at the Derby home game onwards. Now it’s all about forward planning for the future home fixtures 
  • Options
    There will be more Derby fans using their cars for their game at 'The Valley' as there will be no trains from Derby on that day due to a strike by ASLEF affecting East Midlands Trains.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are there still yellow line restrictions along Westmoor and Estmoor and Penhall or have they gone again?
  • Options
    Are there still yellow line restrictions along Westmoor and Estmoor and Penhall or have they gone again?
    I couldn't see any yellow lines and there just a few 9am-6.30pm signs so most of those roads look good to park on at the moment. 
    Westmoor St seemed to be pavement parking yesterday
  • Options
    Pico said:
    I couldn't see any yellow lines and there just a few 9am-6.30pm signs so most of those roads look good to park on at the moment. 
    Pavement parking is illegal in London. 
  • Options
    Not strictly true.
  • Options
    Not true
  • Options
    Definitely not true 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Pico said:
    Not in certain streets in Charlton it’s not especially on a match day 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Pico said:
    Youre right actually. It is a specific offence. 

BUT

Local authorities can make exemptions. Those areas where pavement parking are allowed have to be signed. If a sign is in place, you can park on the pavement.

• Options
    My usual parking place has signs up along the street saying new road markings to take place on Monday weather permitting.

the ‘Free Parking’ signs which had previously been visible looked to have been removed as well.

Today should be okay but looks definitely to be the last time until new restrictions are in.
    Get some made and put them up. 
  • Options
    Hi All. Been going to Charlton from Hastings since 1987, season ticket from 1994 to 2021. But have always parked in the same place, and that is no joke. In Elliscombe Road. Always played risk with the two hour limit but never got a ticket. However i'm guessing that road is deffo out now with the new restrictions. Can anyone advise where best to park now if i'm coming from shooters hill roundabout way as i am such a creature of habit i havent a clue and the website map wasnt clear to me. (my dad is the london fella, i'm a southern softie)

Thanks in advance, i do try to get the train more if it's just me, but my dad comes occasionally and has had two strokes so mobility is a massive issue for him, so just any idea of hwere i could go (post dropping him off a floyd road) would be great thanks.