Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Residents Parking Expansion for SE7 - UPDATE PAGE 3

Comments

• Options
    The extra match day restrictions (til 9pm) haven't been approved yet and, if they are, there are still a lot of signs to be erected in the affected streets. It won't happen without warning.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    kakaka said:
    You can book parking in advance for Saturday. 

Which website did you use to book that @kakaka TIA

I have the just park app
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    So does this mean you know that the restrictions will be in force by this coming weekend ? 
    No, I just looked out of interest on the just park app if you could pre-book
  • Options
    kakaka said:
    So does this mean you know that the restrictions will be in force by this coming weekend ? 
    We've used the website for several away games over the past couple of seasons. 

Not had any problems but unless there is more than one site operating in this way, pretty close to The Valley, it could be difficult nabbing a space on a regular matchday  basis. 

I'm really concerned that this problem could have a major impact on our ability, and that of other similarly aged supporters,  to attend matches at The Valley in the future. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    The Evology parking app also features parking at Asda "from as little as £2.20", according to their PR person who got in touch a few weeks back: https://evologyparking.com/app/

There's an update on some of this before the council's regeneration, transport and culture scrutiny committee on Thursday - there's nothing new in it but masochists can find it at item 6, page eight: https://committees.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/CalendarofMeetings/tabid/70/ctl/ViewMeetingPublic/mid/397/Meeting/2866/Committee/71/SelectedTab/Documents/Default.aspx

To sum up: the council had been working to bring the daytime restrictions in for early December, but since it is already early December and nothing's happened I'd assume it'll be some point early in the new year. No news of of the matchday restrictions.

The planned parking zone south of Charlton Park is also crawling through: "ward members (councillors) consulted on draft design. Meeting to be held to discuss further."

That consultation with councillors took place in the summer, so I wouldn't expect anything to happen there straight away, but it a CPZ will come there sooner or later.
  • Options
    kakaka said:
    We've used the website for several away games over the past couple of seasons. 

Not had any problems but unless there is more than one site operating in this way, pretty close to The Valley, it could be difficult nabbing a space on a regular matchday  basis. 

I'm really concerned that this problem could have a major impact on our ability, and that of other similarly aged supporters,  to attend matches at The Valley in the future. 
    Our slightly older than me profile of supporters will definitely be affected however tons of fans who live farther out than Dartford are always being stiffed by network rail each weekend leaving driving as the only feasible way of getting to the ground. 

All day long I'd rather get the train, have a couple of pints and get the train home. If that isn't an option I'm left with driving, or ruining my wife's day by getting dropped off and picked up from Larkfield which I'm sure isn't solving any climate crisis. 

Greenwich Council are dicks
  • Options
    That ASDA car park and the Greenwich Shopping Park car park are a nightmare to get out of on a non-Matchday Saturday, will be worse flooding it with more traffic.

The Cheltenham game felt the worst attended home game I can remember for over 25 years, if not since the return. Walking back to the car I took a good look at those similarly returning to their motors and it was mainly families with kids, and people in their 60s-80s. It this starts eating into our die hards (which I think it will) then I dread to think what some of our midweek crowds will be. 
  • Options
    That ASDA car park and the Greenwich Shopping Park car park are a nightmare to get out of on a non-Matchday Saturday, will be worse flooding it with more traffic.

The Cheltenham game felt the worst attended home game I can remember for over 25 years, if not since the return. Walking back to the car I took a good look at those similarly returning to their motors and it was mainly families with kids, and people in their 60s-80s. It this starts eating into our die hards (which I think it will) then I dread to think what some of our midweek crowds will be. 
    Not just midweek crowds; a lot of us - who have no realistic option other than driving because of location/distance/cost - will just say "bugger it" on a Saturday as well.
  • Options
    Why not take a leaf out of ASDA Gillingham's book? they sell parking spaces on the site "Your Parking Space".
    There's empty space in Sainsbury's and loads of other outlets. Big firms can donate profit to good causes, for smaller firms boost their bottom line. One good thing about Gillingham game is I paid Woodlands Academy £5 to park , and it made me feel  good to help a local school.
    Believe you can already do that at Asda Bugsby Way - not a new thing unless I am mistaken
    Cheers! Didn't know that, I'll have a look.
  • Options
    Inspector Sands thought it very unlikely. 
    More likely January at earliest. 
    Darryl's across a lot of what goes on on his doorstep but this ain't confirmation we're OK for Saturday is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Darryl's across a lot of what goes on on his doorstep but this ain't confirmation we're OK for Saturday is it?
    You are alright for Saturday. 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Cheers D
    Has RBG undertaken to inform the residents when the imposition will take place or is it still hanging on the initial 'expected to be December 2023'?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    Cheers D
    Has RBG undertaken to inform the residents when the imposition will take place or is it still hanging on the initial 'expected to be December 2023'?
    Nothing has been said so far. I'd expect it to be next month.
  • Options
    Might of missed it but has the club got involved in this at all? 
    Maybe with a joint effort with local shops/cafes/chippys/pubs to oppose the totalitarian dictatorship that is Greenwich council. 
  • Options
    There was a link on the website IIRR.
  • Options
    Might of missed it but has the club got involved in this at all? 
    Maybe with a joint effort with local shops/cafes/chippys/pubs to oppose the totalitarian dictatorship that is Greenwich council. 
    Hoping the question is asked at Bromley Addicks' Q & A with Rodders & Scotty on Thursday evening.
  • Options
    The expanded parking zone (*not* the matchday one, no news on that) begins on January 15, according to letters landing on residents’ doormats today - Derby at home will be the first Saturday match affected.

(There’s also a midweek against Northampton on the 23rd, but expect the impact will be limited.)

• Options
    Support local businesses?? Add an extra 500 quid on to their bills.
    Local residents with more than 1 car cost roughly £350. 
    I cannot believe anyone would want this in that zone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Absolutely disgusting by RBG thieving c&/?s…!!!
  • Options
    Just went on their website and noticed 290 objection comments to 20 positive comments 🤣
  • Options
    I’ll be the first to ask, what’s the parking situation around the ground today?
  • Options
    I’ll be the first to ask, what’s the parking situation around the ground today?
    As per normal 
  • Options
    According to the RBG website there are no restrictions in Controlled Parking Zones today but restrictions still apply outside the CPZ.
    I am not sure whether Charlton is in a CPZ currently.

Link below 
    https://www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/info/200263/parking_and_permits/343/controlled_parking_zones/3

• Options
    So my understanding of this is that yellow lines inside existing CPZs do not apply today, but those outside them do. 
  • Options
    Airman beat me to it
  • Options
    According to the RBG website there are no restrictions in Controlled Parking Zones today but restrictions still apply outside the CPZ.
    I am not sure whether Charlton is in a CPZ currently.

Link below 
    https://www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/info/200263/parking_and_permits/343/controlled_parking_zones/3

Most of Charlton is in a CPZ already.
  • Options
    edited January 1
    There are new signs up today, but also the old signs are still up.
    There are notices tied to some lampposts that no one could reasonably understand standing in the street.