Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Residents Parking Expansion for SE7 - UPDATE PAGE 3

Comments

• Options
    This might help:

https://www.castrust.org/2024/01/parking-update-no-problems-for-tuesday/

To park after you've dropped your dad off it is best to head up the hill towards Kinveachy or Heathwood Gardens or, if they are full, roads further towards Woolwich like Woodhill or Woodrow or Prospect Vale.
    There is still a question mark about Thorntree Road (on the hill opposite the deer park) which is nearer The Valley. No signs up yet so it may remain free. If so, obviously, early arrival is advised.

• Options
    Thanks, really appreciated.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Pico said:
    Are there still yellow line restrictions along Westmoor and Estmoor and Penhall or have they gone again?
    I couldn't see any yellow lines and there just a few 9am-6.30pm signs so most of those roads look good to park on at the moment. 
    Westmoor St seemed to be pavement parking yesterday
    Pavement parking is illegal in London. 
    Youre right actually. It is a specific offence. 

BUT

Local authorities can make exemptions. Those areas where pavement parking are allowed have to be signed. If a sign is in place, you can park on the pavement.

There are a few examples in the borough but none have been designated in recent years.
  • Options
    castrust said:
    This might help:

https://www.castrust.org/2024/01/parking-update-no-problems-for-tuesday/

To park after you've dropped your dad off it is best to head up the hill towards Kinveachy or Heathwood Gardens or, if they are full, roads further towards Woolwich like Woodhill or Woodrow or Prospect Vale.
    There is still a question mark about Thorntree Road (on the hill opposite the deer park) which is nearer The Valley. No signs up yet so it may remain free. If so, obviously, early arrival is advised.

I used to live on Heathwood Gardens, you’ve got no chance getting parked there. 
  • Options
    edited January 26
    clive said:
    It mentions "free parking" in Thornhill Road opposite the Deer Park (I take it they mean Maryon Wilson Park) - sorry, but I wouldn't even bother. I've been parking around that area for years and unless you get there before 1.30 you'll have no chance. Over the last few years I've been parking off Thornhill Rd (towards the ground) in Wolfe Crescent but I believe that's in the CPZ and even if it wasn't you'll lucky to get a space anyway. 

I'm now resigned to the fact I'll be getting the bus (2 buses actually) - 1 to lewisham & then the lovely 380 to Belmarsh, which actually stops in Thornhill Road  !
  • Options
    clive said:
    It mentions "free parking" in Thornhill Road opposite the Deer Park (I take it they mean Maryon Wilson Park) - sorry, but I wouldn't even bother. I've been parking around that area for years and unless you get there before 1.30 you'll have no chance. Over the last few years I've been parking off Thornhill Rd (towards the ground) in Wolfe Crescent but I believe that's in the CPZ and even if it wasn't you'll lucky to get a space anyway. 

I'm now resigned to the fact I'll be getting the bus (2 buses actually) - 1 to lewisham & then the lovely 380 to Belmarsh, which actually stops in Thornhill Road  !
    Or
    Train to Lewisham, then Lewisham to Charlton.
    Or bus to Chislehurst War Memorial and 161 from there.
    Or park on The Charlton House side of The Village.
  • Options
    red10 said:
    Too much for me to attend now from where I now live, hours of driving and probably an hour of walking by the look of things. Think GBC have had another good go at killing us off. Shame on the SMT for not going after it earlier.
    20 minute walk from south of Charlton Village (assuming one can walk ok).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What will you do @Covered End ?
  • Options
    edited January 26
    What will you do @Covered End ?
    I reckon I'll be able to park in my normal place (with a bit of luck).
    But I'll be there by midday.
  • Options
    edited January 27
    clive said:

Went for a drive around the area not too long ago in preparation for next Saturday and found Thorntree* Road (not Thornhill) is still marked out as free parking as is Woodland Terrace. Maryon Road and beyond at the bottom of Woodland Terrace is outside of the CPZ and probably a 10-15 mins walk from the ground.

Interestingly Kinveachy Gardens and Heathwood Gardens didn't have any signage up and still had the free parking signs up despite appearing to be within the CPZ. I didn't check the other couple of roads just off Kinveachy as they could be okay too.

So looks like there's a few more options available but think the key is going to be how early people are able/willing to arrive.
  • Options
    edited January 27
    Park South of Charlton Park when not on the 161, always seems to find a spot. 

Bit of a walk, but not to bad, even better if we have won!!
  • Options
    Out of idle curiosity I used to park on Park Drive next to Charlton park. Looks as though they’ve put some electric charge points up there. Anyone know if that still a parking option or is it screwed?
  • Options
    Out of idle curiosity I used to park on Park Drive next to Charlton park. Looks as though they’ve put some electric charge points up there. Anyone know if that still a parking option or is it screwed?
    I still park there occasionally and usually get a space, though that's not on match days (or on the charging spots). I'd imagine if you got there early enough it'd be ok.
  • Options
    Do we know how many spaces have been lost in total?
  • Options
    clive said:

Why not get a 54 or 89 from Lewisham and a short walk to complete the journey?
  • Options
    Parking available at Meridian Sports & Social Club:

https://www.castrust.org/2024/01/free-parking-at-meridian-sports-ground/

• Options
    Managed  to get a visitor's day parking permit, at cost, from a  local resident.

Will be interesting to see how busy the parking bays are tomorrow (museum) and Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Managed  to get a visitor's day parking permit, at cost, from a  local resident.

Will be interesting to see how busy the parking bays are tomorrow (museum) and Saturday.
    It would be a bit of agro on my part, but I can also get these.
    It would be a case of logging on to Greenwich parking portal prior to visit to announce your stay (4 hour max).
    Think they are around £12 for 5 x visits.
    If someone is really at the point of discomfort regarding parking a distance away, give me a shout and I will see what I/we can do.
  • Options
    Well done CAST, @castrust. @ROTW, and other fans who have rallied round.

I'm curious to know how many extra parking spaces the club has sourced for its customers - especially the old, infirm or otherwise vulnerable ones, for whom public transport is not an option?  Or do they just not care?
  • Options
    Am I right that Charlton Road from Charlton House to Blackheath Standard is covered by CPZ?
  • Options
    No. It still seems to be free parking along that stretch, although very few actual spaces
  • Options
    Am I missing something?

Visited Charlton & the valley on a recce by car this afternoon, came in from the west via my back street route & Wellington Gardens.
    Didn't see any parking signs  different to the normal, ie ‘Monday - Saturday, 9am-6.30pm, max 2 hours.’ The occasional ‘Free parking’ signs
    are still in place. Saw some in Charlton lane.

I don’t want to be giving out duff information, so as I commented above
    Have I missed the CPZ signs?
  • Options
    Am I missing something?

Visited Charlton & the valley on a recce by car this afternoon, came in from the west via my back street route & Wellington Gardens.
    Didn't see any parking signs  different to the normal, ie ‘Monday - Saturday, 9am-6.30pm, max 2 hours.’ The occasional ‘Free parking’ signs
    are still in place. Saw some in Charlton lane.

I don’t want to be giving out duff information, so as I commented above
    Have I missed the CPZ signs?
    What you have described are the CPZ signs.
    There are now more of them.
  • Options
    Hmm, I have a favourite parking spot of one small car length that's single yellow line and with my disabled badge i have been ok in the past. It is inside the CPZ!
     Although there are no signs covering this little space (its between 2 garden driveways) I had thought from previous comments my badge didn't exempt me. 
    Not sure but it seems to me now this spot is probably ok with my 3 hour badge exemption. Course if its taken i'm  %ucke*.
    The earlier the better.

• Options
    No trains from Derby to London today due to a train strike by East Midlands Railway, so could be a bit more busier than normal on the parking front with them bringing down a full house this afternoon. 
  • Options

RB Greenwich website says blue badge not vaild in resident permit only bays:

Where you can't park

You can't park in bays reserved for specific users including:

• permit-holder only bays
    • resident permit only bays
    • loading bays
    • taxi bays
    • doctors' bays.

https://www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/info/200262/parking_for_disabled_and_older_people/1706/where_you_can_park_with_a_blue_badge

• Options
    It would be good to organise a poll of how fans got on today. Are CAST doing anything?