Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Residents Parking Expansion for SE7 - UPDATE PAGE 3

Comments

• Options
    If you live near a football club then supporters will park near your house.
    If you live near a pub people will drink and make noise in the beer garden
    If you live near a school parents will park to drop their kids off.

It has been like this for decades.

Why buy a house near one of these places if you do not want to put up with it?

If you want space and loads of places to park buy a house in the blimmin country.

Cities contain lots of people.

Christ sake I seriously wonder how these people get put in charge.
    It's about the council raising revenue and little else.

And these 'leaders' who have decided that taxing people through parking is a benefit to the community.
    That is obviously not the case. We once had thriving markets and town centres, people were drawn to these places as access was easy and reasonable. Now we don't, and the main reason for this are the councillors of England.
    Shall I order from Amazon, or trudge though the hassle (due to poor road designs) and cost of nipping into my local town centre? These days Amazon wins every time.
    Now they are doing the same to football clubs. Why anyone would want to run a business in the current climate of inept leadership I have no idea.
    Not really sure how it has come to this, it is a crying shame and I feel for all those leaving near any town/city. It must boil your beef.
  • Options

If you want space and loads of places to park buy a house in the blimmin country.

You might even suggest that if you choose to live in or near one of the largest cities in the world you should expect things like ULEZ or congestion charges to happen.  :o

I'll get my coat.
  • Options

You might even suggest that if you choose to live in or near one of the largest cities in the world you should expect things like ULEZ or congestion charges to happen.  :o

I'll get my coat.
    I'll book your ev Uber.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

I'll get my coat.
    You may, but only if you accept the premise of these charges. ULEZ is about emissions, at least the acronym mentions them. So why are vehicles with zero tailpipe emissions included?

Congestion charge. Last time I drove to London on a Sunday morning it was dead. No traffic, no congestion. So why the charge?

So in these simple examples the naming of these schemes are incorrect, or more likely they are not meant to save our lungs. As has been said they are purely a tax, and an unfair tax at that.

Without personal transport businesses and people cannot prosper in this country, so instead of undertaking schemes that stifle people's livelihoods, how about some policies that make us all richer instead of penalising us for trying to get on.

BTW I live in the countryside, and apart from odd trips a few times a year don't really venture to civilization much. For all the above reasons and more.

• Options
    The allegation that "it's just a money making exercise" always comes up with parking restrictions
    Even before you factor in the ongoing costs of policing and enforcing the new restrictions, I don't see where major revenues are coming from.
    How much are residents charged for parking permits?  Does everybody have to pay in full, are there not numerous concessions for the various protected categories?
    Is the suggestion that RBG are after some imagined revenue from numbers of careless or unwitting drivers parking in the restricted areas and getting tickets?
    We've been walking the last half mile or so to the ground through the existing residents' parking areas for years and the incidence of tickets on windscreens is virtually nil.
    A regular few fans park up at the top of Wellington Gardens in the existing residents' bays (otherwise deserted) from about 2:15pm on Saturdays - are they all back in their cars by 4:15 missing the 2nd half?  Or (more likely) is the enforcement so rare it makes it worth the risk?
    How much of the £70odd penalty would RBG receive anyway?
    There's no business case to be had on increased parking fines.  Then there's RBG's recent reported rate of waiving parking tickets cos they're not equipped to do the admin in time.

My money's on it being a box-ticking exercise cos of some bullshit environmental pipe dream that chimes with "we're climate conscious and good for our electorate" flying fully in the face of the 15:1 rejection by those very residents.

Has anybody worked out those tiny scale monochrome maps?  If we head SouthWestish from the Valley roughly around Our Lady of Grace School (not busy at match times!!) are we gonna be disappointed?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    The allegation that "it's just a money making exercise" always comes up with parking restrictions
    Even before you factor in the ongoing costs of policing and enforcing the new restrictions, I don't see where major revenues are coming from.
    How much are residents charged for parking permits?  Does everybody have to pay in full, are there not numerous concessions for the various protected categories?
    Is the suggestion that RBG are after some imagined revenue from numbers of careless or unwitting drivers parking in the restricted areas and getting tickets?
    We've been walking the last half mile or so to the ground through the existing residents' parking areas for years and the incidence of tickets on windscreens is virtually nil.
    A regular few fans park up at the top of Wellington Gardens in the existing residents' bays (otherwise deserted) from about 2:15pm on Saturdays - are they all back in their cars by 4:15 missing the 2nd half?  Or (more likely) is the enforcement so rare it makes it worth the risk?
    How much of the £70odd penalty would RBG receive anyway?
    There's no business case to be had on increased parking fines.  Then there's RBG's recent reported rate of waiving parking tickets cos they're not equipped to do the admin in time.

My money's on it being a box-ticking exercise cos of some bullshit environmental pipe dream that chimes with "we're climate conscious and good for our electorate" flying fully in the face of the 15:1 rejection by those very residents.

Has anybody worked out those tiny scale monochrome maps?  If we head SouthWestish from the Valley roughly around Our Lady of Grace School (not busy at match times!!) are we gonna be disappointed?

The council is re-working resident permit charges at the moment and are going to be basing them ion vehicle emissions, but for the last 10 years (or however long the permit scheme has been in existence, as genuinely can't remember), it's been approx £130 per car, per year with very few exceptions... If you wanted a second permit, then it was more, plus you'd need permits for traders working at your house etc.. A day permit is £8 .. It's one of the few levers that the council has to raise revenue, so the prices have been steadily rising and the number of areas covered by residents only areas is increasing...car parking charges have increased significantly too (they said they'd come down 'after covid'..they didn't, they increased..). Re: the fines...RBG sets them and collects and keeps the money..it's another reason why it's so keen on the LTNs...more fines...more revenue... With regards to all the above, the council pays no attention to the residents at all...it's got its eyes on the cash...
  • Options
    It's times like this you realise why a lot of the big stadiums in America are out in the Burbs with huge car parks all around them, because they have all been built in the last 40-50 years where cars were the way to get around already. 

A team building their stadium 110 years ago were looking for a patch of land as close to where the fans live as possible, with a local train station being the added bonus.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    It's times like this you realise why a lot of the big stadiums in America are out in the Burbs with huge car parks all around them, because they have all been built in the last 40-50 years where cars were the way to get around already. 

A team building their stadium 110 years ago were looking for a patch of land as close to where the fans live as possible, with a local train station being the added bonus.

But these new stadium are soulless places IMO. We should be proud of our sports heritage. It is part of our rich nation. Sports venues should be supported, not every stadium has to be on a retail park.
    It would be nice if one of these elected representatives would explain how the changes will help the club. A club that has been in the same location since the last millennium.
    The fact they did not even consult Charlton tells you a great deal about their mindset and accountability.
    Anyone with a vote and voice please make it heard.
    Bloody councils... It is almost like they detest the people they are meant to serve.

• Options
    Does anyone know whether the parking restrictions are in place for tonight's game please?
    I have been on the RBG website and the parking zone checker has been undergoing maintenance since 23rd August.
    I really do despair at the sheer incompetence of the people running our country.
  • Options
    I'm down there. Looks no different (what I saw). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone know whether the parking restrictions are in place for tonight's game please?
    I have been on the RBG website and the parking zone checker has been undergoing maintenance since 23rd August.
    I really do despair at the sheer incompetence of the people running our country.
    I think you mean the people running the council
  • Options
    No. I wouldn't expect anything to change until the new year.
  • Options
    I meant both of all colours.
    My local blue run council is consulting on parking charges in West Malling that will hurt local businesses. They are also allowing the building of houses everywhere without improving the infrastructure to cope with them.

Nationally and internationally I'm not impressed with climate control policies that allow aircraft numbers to increase and allow space tourism.
    The other day in Tesco I bought strawberries from Egypt just before I disappeared down a pothole.
  • Options
  • Options
    I meant both of all colours.
    My local blue run council is consulting on parking charges in West Malling that will hurt local businesses. They are also allowing the building of houses everywhere without improving the infrastructure to cope with them.

Nationally and internationally I'm not impressed with climate control policies that allow aircraft numbers to increase and allow space tourism.
    The other day in Tesco I bought strawberries from Egypt just before I disappeared down a pothole.
    I’m no fan of conservative councils however I’d suggest it’s a little unfair to make a pothole inside a Tesco their fault?
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    If you download the PDF you can zoom all the way in to highly detailed annotations

To answer the question, yes the area the school is in is inside the proposed zones
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    depends on what you are looking for  :)
  • Options
    Why not take a leaf out of ASDA Gillingham's book? they sell parking spaces on the site "Your Parking Space".
    There's empty space in Sainsbury's and loads of other outlets. Big firms can donate profit to good causes, for smaller firms boost their bottom line. One good thing about Gillingham game is I paid Woodlands Academy £5 to park , and it made me feel  good to help a local school.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    clive said:
    Ah look at that, specifically targeting an area of new build housing, understandable, and old school terraced housing around a football ground that's been there for a long time. 

It's almost as if the councils and parliament, made up of many middle and upper class people, who were brought up on a diet of Rugby and buggery every weekend, aren't so fond of the working class' game and the local people who still flock in their thousands to watch it.

I get your point especially about the buggery o:) but a problem us and millwall share is that we don't have thousands of local people flocking to the games. People travel in from a distance and prefer to use their cars. Maybe park and ride schemes for fans?
  • Options
    Why not take a leaf out of ASDA Gillingham's book? they sell parking spaces on the site "Your Parking Space".
    There's empty space in Sainsbury's and loads of other outlets. Big firms can donate profit to good causes, for smaller firms boost their bottom line. One good thing about Gillingham game is I paid Woodlands Academy £5 to park , and it made me feel  good to help a local school.
    Does it include a caravan?
  • Options
    RBG said expected start date would be "December 2023" 
    There's been total radio silence since the closing date of the "consultation" from RBG and CAFC
    Do we have to assume it's all in place for this Saturday's game?
    i.e. everybody who comes by car with any sort of mobility or age related issue is now buggered and the residents on the boundaries of the newly expanded exclusion zone will be up in arms cos of all the new parking Saturdays and Tuesday evenings?
  • Options
    Believe you can already do that at Asda Bugsby Way - not a new thing unless I am mistaken
  • Options
    Believe you can already do that at Asda Bugsby Way - not a new thing unless I am mistaken
    I think you can do it via Just Park. 
  • Options
    You can book parking in advance for Saturday. 

• Options
    kakaka said:
    You can book parking in advance for Saturday. 

Which website did you use to book that @kakaka TIA

• Options
    So does this mean you know that the restrictions will be in force by this coming weekend ? 
  • Options
    So does this mean you know that the restrictions will be in force by this coming weekend ? 
    Inspector Sands thought it very unlikely. 
    More likely January at earliest. 
  • Options
    Thanks, CE.