Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Residents Parking Expansion for SE7 - UPDATE PAGE 3

Comments

• Options
    If it's any help to anyone, i always catch the 180 bus to get to the Valley instead of driving. There's absolutely loads of parking available along Yarnton Way, also around the Belvedere industrial estate. Bus journey from there is around 40 mins, with buses every 10 mins 
  • Options

Greenwich Council: Drivers succeed in every penalty charge notice appeal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67066744
  • Options
    On days when the trains are running, it is just about possible to park around Westcombe Park and Maze Hill stations, Westcombe Park is 1 stop or a 15-20 min walk, Maze Hill 2 stops. There are 2 hour parking restrictions but you would be really unlucky to get done for parking up at 2.30 and picking the car up at 5.30
  • Options
    How are the coaches allowed to sit on the lower road during the game or do they move and return at the end of the game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On a slightly different parking note, did anyone else see that moron who parked a large van close to the width restrictions by the Meridian Club today? 

Before the game an ambulance had to divert down past the cemetery because of the traffic blockage caused. And he was still there arguing with irritate motorists after the game.
  • Options
    Reading this article, there are only 20 residents who replied to the consultation that said they are in favour.
    It would appear that the council wish to drive this through purely to raise revenue against the wishes of just about everyone.
    Disgraceful.
    They are meant to be working for the people of Greenwich. not against them.
    Pretty much what you will find with most councils around London running these consultations. Consultations mean diddly squat. As long as they put a consultation out the council have done their bit. It could be 100% against and they will still go ahead with what they have planned.
    I can confirm this to be true and worse still the consultation only needs the vaguest connection to the subject to be allowed.  According to the Local Government Ombudsman, for a consultation to be valid, it does not have to be good, understandable or relevant.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    shirty5 said:
    Start planning ahead
    Everyone is,that’s why there is this debate…for some easy,easier or not a bloody chance…Greenwich borough in a nutshell have literally fucked us over…🤬
    Yep, their biggest attack on us since the 10-2 Planning defeat.
    They have never forgotten that,nor the formation of the Valley party.Also this has Khans hand print all over it.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    Reading this article, there are only 20 residents who replied to the consultation that said they are in favour.
    It would appear that the council wish to drive this through purely to raise revenue against the wishes of just about everyone.
    Disgraceful.
    They are meant to be working for the people of Greenwich. not against them.
    Pretty much what you will find with most councils around London running these consultations. Consultations mean diddly squat. As long as they put a consultation out the council have done their bit. It could be 100% against and they will still go ahead with what they have planned.
    I can confirm this to be true and worse still the consultation only needs the vaguest connection to the subject to be allowed.  According to the Local Government Ombudsman, for a consultation to be valid, it does not have to be good, understandable or relevant.

Much like a local council then. 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had a look at the train times for the Cray Valley match. There is a bus replacement between Tonbridge and Orpington, so the journey will be around two and a half hours each way, leaving at 2.00 pm and I wouldn't get home until 10.30 that night. Driving takes around an hour each way. Guess which I will choose?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Train?
    I presume that's why there's a bus replacement. No trains 
  • Options
    Happened to be with three Greenwich councillors today, including the mayor.

Wasn't the time or place for a full on rant about the parking but said that there was a lot of unhappiness and that they should expect a lot of emails.

The mayor was quite sympathetic.
    Followed up on this with one of the councillors I met.  The response from one was "Be assured that this decision needs to be reviewed."

How much influence councillors have over such decisions or whether he is just humouring me, I don't know but if you don't ask, you don't get and he did copy in some other councillors including the Chair of the transport committee.

So if you have the time it might be worth emailing some of them with a POLITE message pointing out the damage to local businesses, the impact on the work of the football club and community trust and the knock on affect on surrounding streets on the edges of the parking zone.

https://committees.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/Councillors.aspx#MemberSectionCharltonVillage&Riverside
    The issue isn’t whether “councillors” have influence, but which councillors. Executive members (cabinet) can always overrule officers unless what they want to do is unlawful. 

The mayor’s view - as the mayor - is completely irrelevant though in a cabinet and leader system.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Train?
    Yeah, I was answering his question.
  • Options
    Happened to be with three Greenwich councillors today, including the mayor.

Wasn't the time or place for a full on rant about the parking but said that there was a lot of unhappiness and that they should expect a lot of emails.

The mayor was quite sympathetic.
    Followed up on this with one of the councillors I met.  The response from one was "Be assured that this decision needs to be reviewed."

How much influence councillors have over such decisions or whether he is just humouring me, I don't know but if you don't ask, you don't get and he did copy in some other councillors including the Chair of the transport committee.

So if you have the time it might be worth emailing some of them with a POLITE message pointing out the damage to local businesses, the impact on the work of the football club and community trust and the knock on affect on surrounding streets on the edges of the parking zone.

https://committees.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/Councillors.aspx#MemberSectionCharltonVillage&Riverside
    The issue isn’t whether “councillors” have influence, but which councillors. Executive members (cabinet) can always overrule officers unless what they want to do is unlawful. 

The mayor’s view - as the mayor - is completely irrelevant though in a cabinet and leader system.
    It wasn't the mayor making the comment 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Train?
    Train from local station to Tonbridge, bus to Orpington, train to London then back out again. Then repeat in the opposite direction..

• Options
    Signs up at Lincoln tonight, new controlled parking in place since 1st Sept