Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Residents Parking Expansion for SE7 - UPDATE PAGE 3

Comments

• Options
    Parked south of Charlton Park rather than southwest of the station Marlborough Rd, Sutlej Rd and Charlton Dene all filling up rapidly at 1:50pm
    Walk down to the ground not a problem
    Walk back up not too bad for the few of us that came, our eldest group member declined to come fearing his ability to walk back up
    The biggest problem was after back at the car the whole area is log jammed and we sat going nowhere for 30+ minutes, eventually getting home at least half an hour later than average despite a smooth journey from Shooters Hill Road onwards.
    If that's typical we're going to have to find elsewhere.
    By observation on the walk to and fro the ground there were clearly fewer cars parked in the CPZ which suggests that Charlton supporters have been displaced but the space isn't needed by residents, which critically undermines at least part of RBG's 'justification' for this expansion.
  • Options
    The space was never needed by residents.
    There were only 20 residents who commented in favour and about 300 against (from memory and it was there or thereabouts).
    It's simply a way of raising revenue by RBG by charging residents for parking permits.
    I'm not disputing that revenue was part of RBG's ambition - evidence on the ground on Saturday suggests that revenue hasn't been forthcoming.  Take away the additional enforcement costs and this is a lose lose fiasco for RBG
  • Options
    I am normally parked by 12.45 but Pompey I'm at a training day for trustees in Swanley which wont finish till 1.00, so by the time I get to my normal spot it'll be triple stacked and I do have to have the car with me! Grrrr!!
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    The space was never needed by residents.
    There were only 20 residents who commented in favour and about 300 against (from memory and it was there or thereabouts).
    It's simply a way of raising revenue by RBG by charging residents for parking permits.
    I'm not disputing that revenue was part of RBG's ambition - evidence on the ground on Saturday suggests that revenue hasn't been forthcoming.  Take away the additional enforcement costs and this is a lose lose fiasco for RBG
    The residents have had to pay for parking permits.
    I think it's something like £105pa.
    How many residents in that area having to pay?
    I'd at random guess 2,000?
    2,000 x £105 = £205K pa.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    I am normally parked by 12.45 but Pompey I'm at a training day for trustees in Swanley which wont finish till 1.00, so by the time I get to my normal spot it'll be triple stacked and I do have to have the car with me! Grrrr!!
    Park at belvedere, get the train along from there?
  • Options
    I think we'll get a decent crowd on Tuesday for Jones 1st home game (especially if we win Saturday).

Parking could be more of a problem than usual
  • Options
    I think we'll get a decent crowd on Tuesday for Jones 1st home game (especially if we win Saturday).

Parking could be more of a problem than usual
    It should actually be easier as until matchday signage goes up in the CPZ you can park in any of the restricted roads from 4:30pm so should open up a lot more spaces and be like how parking was pre-restrictions.
  • Options
    We haven't heard any more about the idea of match day restrictions until 9pm. Let's hope it isn't going to be implemented.  
  • Options
    When I come down from Leicestershire I park on Thorntree Rd, by the school opposite the park, where there were free parking signs, is that still the same? I hope to get down to 1 home game this season, but will have to drive. Thanks in advance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I come down from Leicestershire I park on Thorntree Rd, by the school opposite the park, where there were free parking signs, is that still the same? I hope to get down to 1 home game this season, but will have to drive. Thanks in advance.
    Yes still free parking along Thorntree but word of warning the bit by the school opposite the park was full by 11:30am against Derby.

However there was plenty of space on the hill where the bus stop is and also at the top of the hill and into Kinveachy Gardens.
  • Options
    Yes still free parking along Thorntree but word of warning the bit by the school opposite the park was full by 11:30am against Derby.

However there was plenty of space on the hill where the bus stop is and also at the top of the hill and into Kinveachy Gardens.
    Thanks, normally aim to get there by 11:00 am I'll bear that in mind for whenever I can get down.
  • Options

Thanks, normally aim to get there by 11:00 am I'll bear that in mind for whenever I can get down.
    11.00 ??  Jesus, no wonder those roads are full when I get there around 1.45pm. 

Bus for me now. Got the 380 back to Lewisham last Sat from the stop by the Park opposite Thorntree. 
  • Options

11.00 ??  Jesus, no wonder those roads are full when I get there around 1.45pm. 

Bus for me now. Got the 380 back to Lewisham last Sat from the stop by the Park opposite Thorntree. 
    You can get a train from Charlton to Sundridge Park/Bromley North change at Lewisham.
  • Options
    Can parking happen in the ‘Charlton slopes’ Bramshott Avenue kind of area?
  • Options
    Charlton Slopes is OK from 4.30pm for evening games but only two hours allowed on Saturdays in most of those roads. 

• Options
    I parked here a few weeks ago and got a ticket outside the school, apparently that road is "restricted parking only" on match days even though there wasn't any signs, still fighting the appeal now.
  • Options
    So it’s no change tonight, is it?
  • Options
    So it’s no change tonight, is it?
    I’m already parked up where I used to park. No additional match day signage.
  • Options
    Parked up in Pound Park Road, quite a few spaces left. Seems fine for an evening game provided you arrive after 4:30. No good for Saturdays though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I parked here a few weeks ago and got a ticket outside the school, apparently that road is "restricted parking only" on match days even though there wasn't any signs, still fighting the appeal now.
    Good luck with the appeal but signs on every road in the zone probably aren't necessary.  In the small print you can expect to find that the boundaries of the zone are indicated by signs and you are deemed to be informed when you drive past the signs crossing the boundary.  Might depend on LBG's attitude to enforcing it by the book rather than on any basis of fairness.
    Had a similar tussle with a different council and their CPZ.  Appealed a parking fine on the grounds there were no signs or yellow lines.  Got a stock reply "the CPZ is marked on all roads that cross the boundary, you are informed of the zone as you cross into it".  I told them that wasn't true on the route I took into the zone -  they repeated their position.  I photographed my entry point to the zone proving the lack of signage.  They pursued the now increased penalty. I copied the borough chief exec into my rebuttal and within a fortnight (3 months after the ticket was wrongly issued) the borough wrote to me "waiving the correctly imposed penalty on this occasion as a gesture of goodwill" admitting no failing or inaccuracy on their part.  But nobody's fooled by that.
    Not a great hourly rate to 'save' £55 when the time and effort required was added up but if they're hiding behind smallprint, that smallprint has to be right.
  • Options
    edited February 16
    Does anyone know if there are restrictions in Anchor and Hope lane?
    I'm sure there are but can't tell from the maps. 
    Thanks for any info. 
  • Options
    The top of Anchor & Hope Lane is restricted but there are Pay by Phone places at the river end. 

https://www.castrust.org/2024/01/parking-update-2/
  • Options
    castrust said:
    The top of Anchor & Hope Lane is restricted but there are Pay by Phone places at the river end. 

https://www.castrust.org/2024/01/parking-update-2/
    Thank you
  • Options
    Just pre-booked the ASDA car park for Saturday … £9.80. That’s a space and not the entire car park. Booked through a new parking App … Dick Turpin parking services 
  • Options
    edited February 19
    _MrDick said:
    Just pre-booked the ASDA car park for Saturday … £9.80. That’s a space and not the entire car park. Booked through a new parking App … Dick Turpin parking services 
    With these car park booking apps for shop car parks like this, what happens when you get there and the car park is full?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    With these car park booking apps for shop car parks like this, what happens when you get there and the car park is full?
    Park by pets at home. 
  • Options
    edited February 19
    _MrDick said:
    Park by pets at home. 
    I did that and my dog just looked at me like you idiot you still have to get to the game :(
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Plenty of available parking spaces in ASDA. Will definitely use this service again. Well worth the £9.80
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I’ve been parking at Asda for last 4 or 5 games and there are loads of spaces. Annoyingly forgot to book last match and on trying to book on the Friday it said no spaces available.