Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Residents Parking Expansion for SE7 - UPDATE PAGE 3

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options

Questioned by Charlton Hornfair councillor Lakshan Saldin on whether Southeastern could do more to help Charlton Athletic fans get to matches from Kent in the light of parking restrictions around The Valley, Brightwell said he would be happy to consider ideas.

“We look at the number and the volumes and we’re happy to work with football clubs,” he said. 

There doesn’t appear to be enough patronage to warrant additional services to Charlton from other routes. But if I can prove a case where trains will make more money than they cost, I’d be really, really pleased to work together on that.”

https://greenwichwire.co.uk/2024/03/01/blackheath-rail-tunnel-closing-for-10-weeks-as-boost-to-southeastern-metro-trains-confirmed/

• Options
    Having missed the past few home games due to personal reasons, I haven't parked since the new restrictions are in place. How far away does one have to park these days to use street parking? Wellington Gardens was my usual spot, guess that's a no-go now.
  • Options
    Milan said:
    Having missed the past few home games due to personal reasons, I haven't parked since the new restrictions are in place. How far away does one have to park these days to use street parking? Wellington Gardens was my usual spot, guess that's a no-go now.
    This might be helpful:

https://www.castrust.org/2024/01/parking-update-2/

Kinveachy Gardens is probably the nearest free parking. 
  • Options
    Will this nonsense be in place on Easter Monday?
  • Options
    Will this nonsense be in place on Easter Monday?
    Yep 
  • Options
    edited March 10
    seth plum said:
    After games I mostly get the train from Charlton to Blackheath.
    Following the Derby County game, with a big crowd it was four carriages, it was I believe also four following the Portsmouth game, and yesterday with it being the only train choice eastbound it was eight carriages. On each occasion (and it was similar after other games this season) the trains are a dangerous crush.
    Seriously dangerous in my experience, and in my experience the authorities seem to blame passengers for travelling rather than intelligent planning, and it is up to us to put up with the crush they assume we create. And therefore deserve.
    In recent times the train announcement identifies Charlton station for ‘The Valley and Charlton Athletic’ so it’s not as if they don’t know. Yesterday there was a little boy of about six or seven crying his eyes out whilst his dad struggled to shelter him.
    The response above from local politicians regarding the train service says a lot, consider profit first and safety second.
    @seth plum Hi mate, that was Josh and I waving to you from the train going the other way after the match - at least I hope it was you lol as you/they did look bemused. Was you wearing a black hat ? :)   Chris.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Following the Derby County game, with a big crowd it was four carriages, it was I believe also four following the Portsmouth game, and yesterday with it being the only train choice eastbound it was eight carriages. On each occasion (and it was similar after other games this season) the trains are a dangerous crush.
    Seriously dangerous in my experience, and in my experience the authorities seem to blame passengers for travelling rather than intelligent planning, and it is up to us to put up with the crush they assume we create. And therefore deserve.
    In recent times the train announcement identifies Charlton station for ‘The Valley and Charlton Athletic’ so it’s not as if they don’t know. Yesterday there was a little boy of about six or seven crying his eyes out whilst his dad struggled to shelter him.
    The response above from local politicians regarding the train service says a lot, consider profit first and safety second.

It was a local politician asking the question and Southeastern responding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    @seth plum Hi mate, that was Josh and I waving to you from the train going the other way after the match - at least I hope it was you lol as you/they did look bemused. Was you wearing a black hat ? :)   Chris.
    Yep. I saw you wave, but didn't clock it was you!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It was a local politician asking the question and Southeastern responding.
    Fair enough. I wonder if there will be any response.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Typical daft thinking from the council.  You don’t need bloody consultants to tell you whether to outsource or not.  There are plenty of other local boroughs to just pick up the phone to and chat through what they’re doing. It’s not bloody rocket science. 
  • Options
    Has anyone had a parking ticket on Matchday/evening since the new restrictions came in? Some local roads look empty around the Valley as you walk the last stretch, very tempting to go back to driving in, especially if the rail tunnel is being repaired. I'm happy to cycle when it's dry.
  • Options
    Has anyone had a parking ticket on Matchday/evening since the new restrictions came in? Some local roads look empty around the Valley as you walk the last stretch, very tempting to go back to driving in, especially if the rail tunnel is being repaired. I'm happy to cycle when it's dry.
    Yeah, good question. I drove to the match last weekend and lots of the usual places I'd park had spaces. This was 30-mins before kick off too. In fairness I I've always broken the rules (max stay 2-3 hours, whatever it was), never had a problem, not sure if they're putting in more effort to ticket people. I can live with getting a ticket once in a blue moon, but not if they're chucking tickets out like confetti every Saturday.
  • Options
    Milan said:
    Try Wellington High Street 😵‍💫

• Options

Greenwich council has revealed the top locations in the borough where drivers were issued parking fines last year, with the authority expected to bring in more than £6million this year from the offences.

Council documents for a scrutiny meeting for Greenwich council on May 7 show the top locations in the borough for parking fines issued in the past year and the junction of Woolwich Road and Charlton Lane topped the list with 6,108 drivers being fined for stopping in the bus lane.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/news/revealed-greenwichs-parking-fines-hotspots/

• Options
    Bastards 
  • Options
    clive said:

Greenwich council has revealed the top locations in the borough where drivers were issued parking fines last year, with the authority expected to bring in more than £6million this year from the offences.

Council documents for a scrutiny meeting for Greenwich council on May 7 show the top locations in the borough for parking fines issued in the past year and the junction of Woolwich Road and Charlton Lane topped the list with 6,108 drivers being fined for stopping in the bus lane.

So the top 5 fines were 2 box junctions & 3 bus lane infringements. Probably didn't cause anyone any harm or issues to anyone and many I suspect were people just getting caught out with traffic flow & congestion. No one trying to evade a parking ticket by parking illegally or overstaying their welcome.

JUST  A  MONEY  MAKING  EXCERCISE.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

Only £6 million?

In 2022/23 Greenwich made a profit of £7.3 million on their parking activities - that is by adding up income from parking charges and penalty notices, then deducting running costs.

I'm sure with all the tickets they will be issuing around the Valley on match days they will be comfortably able to exceed this figure in future!
  • Options
    clive said:

Only £6 million?

In 2022/23 Greenwich made a profit of £7.3 million on their parking activities - that is by adding up income from parking charges and penalty notices, then deducting running costs.

I'm sure with all the tickets they will be issuing around the Valley on match days they will be comfortably able to exceed this figure in future!

Drivers appealing against penalty notices in a London borough were successful every time for more than a year, the BBC has found.

Figures showed that, from July 2022 to September this year, Greenwich Council did not contest a single appeal - citing "no evidence" in every instance.

In such circumstance, the adjudicator must quash the driver's penalty charge. 

Greenwich Council said it had not been able to supply any evidence during that period because of staff shortages.

The figures emerged after I successfully challenged their penalty charge.

However, the council said it had now addressed the shortage and has this month resumed submitting evidence to the tribunal service that handles appeals.

Across the other London borough councils, Transport for London (TfL) and the collective borough representative organisation London Councils, 48% of appeals are successful.

Between them, they have successfully defended themselves over the past year against 17,188 appeals out of 33,153 that were administered by London Tribunals

Perhaps this is the reason for the turndown.