Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday - Owner to stop funding club

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    I think the real issue is that Wednesday haven't taken advantage of promotion. It was a bit like us with Roland having a row with Bowyer, wanting to do it all on the cheap and Moore clearly didn't feel he was being supported properly. When you own a football club, you get a bit of momentum and sometimes that is the time when you need to fork out and ride it rather than stop it. 
    Spend even more money you mean? And then what?
    Get promoted and a return on your investment?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I think the real issue is that Wednesday haven't taken advantage of promotion. It was a bit like us with Roland having a row with Bowyer, wanting to do it all on the cheap and Moore clearly didn't feel he was being supported properly. When you own a football club, you get a bit of momentum and sometimes that is the time when you need to fork out and ride it rather than stop it. 
    Spend even more money you mean? And then what?
    Get promoted and a return on your investment?
    How do you get that return on investment, by selling?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    In the Premier League you can. Not sure why people are in it just to lose money when they don't love the club.
  • Options
    When you’ve got whatever you want and can afford whatever you want whenever you want it I suppose you must get quite bored and need a distraction, hobby if you like. Why not own a football club and throw the dice and see what numbers come up. Much more likely to throw a 1 and not a 6 but that’s what gamblers do. Can’t think of another reason to splash your wealth on a football club that means virtually nothing to you. 
  • Options
    In the Premier League you can. Not sure why people are in it just to lose money when they don't love the club.
    Ego, status.

Next thing up from flash cars and jewellery or whatever.
  • Options
    Ego, status.

Next thing up from flash cars and jewellery or whatever.
    True but the other side of the coin is the abuse and disrespect.
  • Options
    In 2021/2022 PL turnover for the 20 clubs was a total of £5.5 billion. Worldwide recognition of those clubs was probably a third of the planet’s population. Getting a share of that is the real reason why people buy clubs
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    There are 92 clubs currently in the football league plus at least 10 in the national league who have been for extended periods.

For these ease of the math, lets call it a round 100, what sort of % of them would you suggest have ever had an owner that has made money by selling the club for more than its cost them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Notice Sheffield Wednesday sadly lost a young fan to cancer yesterday, poor lil soul.
  • Options
    Police have arrested 2 people over the incident 
    This is utterly disgusting and deplorable. I understand the arrest of the scumbag with the phone, but what did the other guy get arrested for, laughing? (which is extremely bad taste, but illegal ?)
  • Options
    Police have arrested 2 people over the incident 
    This is utterly disgusting and deplorable. I understand the arrest of the scumbag with the phone, but what did the other guy get arrested for, laughing? (which is extremely bad taste, but illegal ?)

The other geezer was bailed, although imagine he could get done for inciting a riot, among other things.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Pleaded guilty to the offence.

Already lost his job as a window fitter as a result.

Awaiting sentencing.
    What is the actual offence?

Obviously it's absolutely scummy behaviour and deserves everything they get and more but I can't see how it's actually anything more, legally, than a section 4?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pleaded guilty to the offence.

Already lost his job as a window fitter as a result.

Awaiting sentencing.
    What is the actual offence?

Obviously it's absolutely scummy behaviour and deserves everything they get and more but I can't see how it's actually anything more, legally, than a section 5?
    Being a c*** in a built up area.
    Unfortunately being a c£!@ isnt a criminal offence.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Assume it would be a public order offence. 

Section 4A of the public order act is the offence of intentionally causing harassment, alarm or distress by your words or actions. Think that fits the bill pretty well with what he did.
    Yeah, that's what he was charged with. 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:

Section 4A of the public order act is the offence of intentionally causing harassment, alarm or distress by your words or actions. Think that fits the bill pretty well with what he did.
    The spanners will have an empty ground next week.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:

So are the police selective about this public order offence?
    For years Man u fans have sung , chanted about Hillsborough.
    Youngsters were crushed to death,  to my knowledge no ones never been arrested.
    If we are going to start handing out prison sentences for public order offences I hope its across the board.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

If we are going to start handing out prison sentences for public order offences I hope its across the board.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/man-arrested-at-fa-cup-final-for-wearing-offensive-hillsborough-shirt-12895849

• Options
    clb74 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

I got done for a section 4 at Sunderland, funny enough, years I still maintain I didn't do anything "wrong" other than beinga bit of a dick.  I got £50 costs and a 6 month conditional discharge.