Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday - Owner to stop funding club

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Assume it would be a public order offence. 

Section 4A of the public order act is the offence of intentionally causing harassment, alarm or distress by your words or actions. Think that fits the bill pretty well with what he did.
    So are the police selective about this public order offence?
    For years Man u fans have sung , chanted about Hillsborough.
    Youngsters were crushed to death,  to my knowledge no ones never been arrested.
    If we are going to start handing out prison sentences for public order offences I hope its across the board.

This was brazen though. Unrealistic to expect the police to arrest or apprehend a few hundred arseholes but these two were signed sealed and delivered. They deserve to feel the full force of the law and of public disgust. Dreadful human beings. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Section 4A of the public order act is the offence of intentionally causing harassment, alarm or distress by your words or actions. Think that fits the bill pretty well with what he did.
    If we are going to start handing out prison sentences for public order offences I hope its across the board.

This was brazen though. Unrealistic to expect the police to arrest or apprehend a few hundred arseholes but these two were signed sealed and delivered. They deserve to feel the full force of the law and of public disgust. Dreadful human beings. 
    Liverpool fans have always sung about Munich.  I remember when we played Liverpool in the cup years ago, just after Paisley had died, our support sung songs about his death and that they would rather be "Asian" than Scouse.  All support bases have scumbags, finger pointing about what has always happened doesn't help, going forward it has to be stopped.
  • Options
    He went to court in a tracksuit, am I bad for judging him for that?

i also saw a woman in costa in pj's and a dressing gown. She had done her hair and put make up on! Scummy behaviour in my view

Obviously Japanese and wearing traditional clothing. Just left his katana at home as he didn’t want to be arrested. 
  • Options
    Police have arrested 2 people over the incident 
    This is utterly disgusting and deplorable. I understand the arrest of the scumbag with the phone, but what did the other guy get arrested for, laughing? (which is extremely bad taste, but illegal ?)
    Yeah i did wonder that at the time. Obviously the guy is a total prick but he could argue he was laughing at something totally different, there's no way they'd prove anything in court. Not really a surprise that he was released.
  • Options
    Personally don't think it should be a legal issue. It was in terrible taste, but it was meant as 'banter'. Obviously I don't condone it. But where does the line get drawn? Does the same apply to people doing aeroplane hands against Man U, but only if it's shared on social media?

What happens to these people after losing their jobs? Should they be exiled from having a career and need to live off the state or turn to crime?

All from doing something in very poor taste to wind some other fans up.
    If something is sung by a whole bunch of people in similar poor taste, they'd get away with it.
    And where is the line? Taking the piss out of a dead kid is pretty much the lowest it can get, but how many rungs up the poor taste ladder will get the same treatment? Who is the arbiter of what is a joke in bad taste and what is a criminal offense?
  • Options
    Personally don't think it should be a legal issue. It was in terrible taste, but it was meant as 'banter'. Obviously I don't condone it. But where does the line get drawn? Does the same apply to people doing aeroplane hands against Man U, but only if it's shared on social media?

What happens to these people after losing their jobs? Should they be exiled from having a career and need to live off the state or turn to crime?

If something is sung by a whole bunch of people in similar poor taste, they'd get away with it.
    And where is the line? Taking the piss out of a dead kid is pretty much the lowest it can get, but how many rungs up the poor taste ladder will get the same treatment? Who is the arbiter of what is a joke in bad taste and what is a criminal offense?
    The cop in the head?
  • Options

Initially the police and ultimately the courts. I think this fits the bill perfectly for criminal proceedings. As for even the suggestion it’s banter is almost as disgusting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Initially the police and ultimately the courts. I think this fits the bill perfectly for criminal proceedings. As for even the suggestion it’s banter is almost as disgusting.
    Across the board though.
    Plymouth fans taunting Jay stansfield whose dad died of cancer.
    Derby fan on twitter abusing Billy sharp about death of his baby son.
    Surely if we go down the route of jailing people for vile abuse the above that I mentioned should of been jailed.
  • Options
    I think Henry has the right point. You could maybe argue that more could/should have been done with other instances but that doesn't mean less should be done now - two wrongs not making a right etc etc.

And frankly, apart from being a scumbag the guy in question here deserves some sort of payback for his pure stupidity. Literally standing in a well lit space clearly visible and identifiable waving damning evidence around - in this day and age that's just plain moronic.
  • Options
    Perhaps this will be the start of the end of this rubbish. There's been times before when culprits have been photographed yet got away with it.

• Options
    The recent Bouncing man Millwall video had a "fan" explicitly doing the stabbing motion to Leed's fans whilst pointing out it was two that were stabbed to death. 

Sheffield Wednesday had a twat laughing at the death of a child from cancer. 

Why is one prosecuted and not the other? They are the same offence exposed on social media.  

Should Leed's fans now be highlighting the Millwall incident and looking to secure an arrest?

I don't know the answer but interested in views...
  • Options

Pathetic that you've even suggested that my post is almost as disgusting as the act. Absolutely pathetic. I can't imagine how you get through life.
    The fact you think this was and I quote “meant as banter” is enough for me to call you out on it. Take a look in the mirror pal. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Across the board though.
    Surely if we go down the route of jailing people for vile abuse the above that I mentioned should of been jailed.

Paul Nixon was the Palace fan who was runover by a bus in 1995 and I remember for a few years after Charlton fans (not many) would sing "wheels on the bus" when we played Palace which was.pretty disgusting.
    Shit, I didn't realise that! I just thought it was a song sung to wind them up. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    It is all about standards. Some fans, from all clubs, don't think these apply to them. Especially after they have had a few drinks. It gets more depressing the more you think about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Across the board though.

Paul Nixon was the Palace fan who was runover by a bus in 1995 and I remember for a few years after Charlton fans (not many) would sing "wheels on the bus" when we played Palace which was.pretty disgusting.
    Did the ending of that song "over the Palace b*stard" not give it away a bit?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Across the board though.

yeah its because they started singing Thomas the Tank engine and we retaliated with a bus song. (couldn't think of a tram song at the time)
  • Options
    Gervais, Boyle et al had better watch out. 
  • Options
    The recent Bouncing man Millwall video had a "fan" explicitly doing the stabbing motion to Leed's fans whilst pointing out it was two that were stabbed to death. 

Why is one prosecuted and not the other? They are the same offence exposed on social

Should Leed's fans now be highlighting the Millwall incident and looking to secure an arrest?

Because not all offences are prosecuted.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Gervais, Boyle et al had better watch out. 
    Don't forget you can play sport for England , take the piss out of a partially sighted disabled 15 year old and be awarded an OBE
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    clb74 said:

Across the board though.

I knew it was about palace 😂 but wasn't aware of the origins. I just thought it was poor 90's humour in taking a nursery song and making it anti palace. I have never heard the individual supporter link before
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Why is one prosecuted and not the other? They are the same offence exposed on social

Because not all offences are prosecuted.

I appreciate that - I'm assuming a complaint was made about the Sheff Wed incident, but assuming not the Leeds incident.

If a complaint were made against the Millwall "stabber", should they be identified and prosecuted?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Across the board though.

I knew it was about palace 😂 but wasn't aware of the origins. I just thought it was poor 90's humour in taking a nursery song and making it anti palace. I have never heard the individual supporter link before
    You are not the only one. I wasn't aware of it either, I thought it was just a kids song rehashed and aimed at them and just in bad taste. I never sung it myself because I just thought it purile and in bad taste but knowing what I know now then that was absolutely disgusting.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    clb74 said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Liverpool fans have always sung about Munich.  I remember when we played Liverpool in the cup years ago, just after Paisley had died, our support sung songs about his death and that they would rather be "Asian" than Scouse.  All support bases have scumbags, finger pointing about what has always happened doesn't help, going forward it has to be stopped.
    First game of the season home to Liverpool at Selhurst park back in the eighties. We had a minute silence for Stuart Leary and through it Liverpool fans sang ‘who the fucking he’ll is he ‘ Classy scousers.