Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Options
    Alli potentially needs to find himself in a situation where the pressure is completely gone, and where he can enjoy himself again.

Lower League... e.g. Milton Keynes, or working with Karl Robinson again (isn't he Coach somewhere now?) might be the answer to help him find that love for the game again.

Can imagine the difference on and off the pitch between Premier League / Football League is huge

Although if he does drop down the Divisions, and fails - He'll stay there, or drop lower, thats the only pressure I can think of
    Robinson is at Salford, although after an okay start when he took over they've now only won once in the last 7. Now very much looking over their shoulders at the relegation zone.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    sam3110 said:
    _MrDick said:
    Deli Ali has been advised to drop down a couple of leagues to rebuild his career. I wonder … 🤔
    Terrible advice. Better advice would be to give up balloons and weed and knuckle down
    No, that is not better advice to give someone who is clearly struggling with mental health issues stemming from childhood abuse. 'Knuckle down'. Christ.
    I thought I read that family members challenged this?
    My mother told everyone including the authorities my childhood abuse didn’t happen, doesn’t mean it didn’t. 
    Almost 60 years later it’s still playing with my head. 
    So sorry to hear this. Resonates with me, as I suffered childhood abuse. I know you are a strong person, but I hope you talk to those you trust, when you need to.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    sam3110 said:
    _MrDick said:
    Deli Ali has been advised to drop down a couple of leagues to rebuild his career. I wonder … 🤔
    Terrible advice. Better advice would be to give up balloons and weed and knuckle down
    No, that is not better advice to give someone who is clearly struggling with mental health issues stemming from childhood abuse. 'Knuckle down'. Christ.
    My mother told everyone including the authorities my childhood abuse didn’t happen, doesn’t mean it didn’t. 
    I'm sorry to hear that. But every story is different. 

The thing with deli alli is more than one person disputed the story. I haven't got the facts in front of me and may well be wrong but I'm pretty sure that his version of being sent to Africa as a punishment was proved to be incorrect

he also got a mate to film him and a girl with a part of his anatomy in the girls mouth, thumbs up to the camera. I'm guessing he didn't ask the girls permission to film and then release the video. Isn't that abuse?

im not on a position to challenge his side of the story but I am in a position to pass judgement on a young famous person with money, using that fame to abuse young woman!
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    T_C_E said:
    sam3110 said:
    _MrDick said:
    So sorry to hear this. Resonates with me, as I suffered childhood abuse. I know you are a strong person, but I hope you talk to those you trust, when you need to.
    I wish I was strong, this is the same fella that wouldn’t travel to home games for fear of bumping into burger boy, not because I was frightened of him but because of what would lose if I parked him on his arse like he deserved. Now that anxiety is running high and I won’t travel alone, no matter what I try 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Was absolutely class when we had him under Karl Robinson but a lot has changed since then. The other thing is we don’t actually play with wingers or even wide forwards as such so struggling to see where he would fit into our current system 
    Maybe that's the point. The system we're currently using might just be because NJ is simply using what's available, but his plan(s) for next season will be different.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Mrkinski said:
    T_C_E said:
    sam3110 said:
    _MrDick said:
    I wish I was strong, this is the same fella that wouldn’t travel to home games for fear of bumping into burger boy, not because I was frightened of him but because of what would lose if I parked him on his arse like he deserved. Now that anxiety is running high and I won’t travel alone, no matter what I try 🤷‍♂️
    The strength I was referring to was displayed by the help / support you have given to others, that I read about on here. That’s strength to me. Hope the anxiety disappears soon fella.
  • Options
    edited March 14
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good news. Get Fosu as cover for Anderson and we start to look good for August. As long as we sack 8 of our useless midfielders beforehand.
  • Options
    Yes I get that we want to finish the season strongly, and yes I understand that NJ wants to try different formations, but it does look weird, to still be signing players when realistically mid table mediocrity is where we'll finish.

Have we maxed out our squad numbers, meaning that players have to be taken out?
  • Options
    Have we ever had a player do a backflip for a celebration?
  • Options
    Yes I get that we want to finish the season strongly, and yes I understand that NJ wants to try different formations, but it does look weird, to still be signing players when realistically mid table mediocrity is where we'll finish.

Don’t know exactly but off the top of my head we’ll be fine, can have 25 registered and anyone under 20/21 doesn’t count which opens up a few squad places for us. Don’t think you can unregister players anyway 
  • Options

It doesn't matter. Now that the season is basically a dead rubber we can and should be looking at and planning for next season now - which is exactly what this type of deal is for
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good news Nathan Jones is such a forward thinking manager and knows we can't just rely on one style of play next season so is looking to strengthen areas our previous manager etc neglected.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Have we ever had a player do a backflip for a celebration?

Seem to remember Andre Bikey doing it. Could be wrong through. 

Absolute freak of nature the fella of that size being able to do that. Like bee’s being able to fly. Just doesn’t seem physically possible 
  • Options
    edited March 14
    I remember a player who played for a Harry Redknapp team. (possibly Spurs) was warned not to do his back somersault after scoring, he ignored it, did his somersault and got injured missing next games
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I remember a player who played for a Harry Redknapp team. (possibly Spurs) was warned not to do his back somersault after scoring, he ignored it, did his somersault and got injured missing next games

Ironically that was Kazengas brother Lomano LuaLua at Portsmouth. Think he did his hamstring. 
  • Options
    A good move in my opinion. NJ has come in, stopped the rot, given confidence back and now planning for next season! Lua Lua, Wickham and Fosu in line for longer contracts? 
  • Options
    Is Fosu confirmed to be training with us?
  • Options
    Another clapped up old van or a classic car? 😉

Certainly was a great performer in his younger days; we'll see what he has left in the tank but Nathan Jones has given him a two week MOT so that's good enough for me.

V989