Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 14
    Let's hope LuaLua can be our version of Gareth McCleary. In terms of impact and vital contributions. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Have we ever had a player do a backflip for a celebration?
    I'm sure I remember seeing Tresor Kandol do it, twice in the same game.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Dave Shipperley
  • Options
    Nathan Jones Bargain Bin reds 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    It seems obvious that NJ is starting to try and put a squad together that he thinks will get us promoted next season nothing wrong with starting that process now imo 
    Typical Charlton life comment.  We need to do our business early............but not this early.
    True mate but I would rather be atleast doing something now rather than wait until the last few days of the next window to capture some unfit loans 😜 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I'm sure I remember seeing Tresor Kandol do it, twice in the same game.
    He is Kazenga’s cousin, so must run in the family. Also didn’t know, Kazenga is Yanns brother in law! 
  • Options
    Macronate said:

"Nathan Jones has confirmed that Charlton are close to completing the signing of Kazenga LuaLua.

“He's one of those physical phenomenons that you could chuck him on the moon for a year and he'd come back and be able to be potent for a certain amount of minutes," explained Jones when asked if LuaLua is up to speed in terms of fitness."

If this goes through it'll fill the post moon trip potency  deficit this club has been screaming out for in it's squads for years.
  • Options
    Always wanted LuaLua in the past.. just can't remember which one it was I was impressed by!  Maybe both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    It seems obvious that NJ is starting to try and put a squad together that he thinks will get us promoted next season nothing wrong with starting that process now imo 
    Makes a change from starting on August deadline day.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Chunes said:

Seem to remember Andre Bikey doing it. Could be wrong through. 

Absolute freak of nature the fella of that size being able to do that. Like bee’s being able to fly. Just doesn’t seem physically possible 
    Rommedahl as well?
  • Options
    Conor Wickham and Kazenga LuaLula. Just have to sign Adam Le Fondre now and my ‘players I hoped we’d sign 10 years ago’ bingo card will be complete 
    Surprisingly Le Fondre’s still playing, was in India but now with Hibs in the SPL.
  • Options
    edited March 14
    NJ seems to know what he's doing and in my reckoning, the owners can see that he brings a special set of skills to the managerial role. He knows the process of building from the ground up, something Charlton has needed for going on 20 years. 

The owners are literally 'buying-in' to his way of running the club. I genuinely think that given time NJ could be the second coming of Curbs. Very early days, and we've had more false dawns than the average Millwall fan can count to. If they let the money flow a bit freer, then who knows.

If NJ thinks a player is worth a go, so be it. Will we ever see conga's in the stands again? Come on, who joined in on one on, on a previous promotion tour?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Alfie May doing the tunnel jump on Saturday  :D
    That was a backflop
  • Options
    Conor Wickham and Kazenga LuaLula. Just have to sign Adam Le Fondre now and my ‘players I hoped we’d sign 10 years ago’ bingo card will be complete 
    You forgot Hayden Mullins, Darren Purse, a Moroccan and a Belgian. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adam Le Fondre when at Rotherham would have been a fantastic signing.
  • Options
    I’m sure I saw Harry Cripps do a back flip 🤓
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Saw him give a few opponents a back flip
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    His older brother did an awesome string of somersaults when he thought he’d scored against us at St James’s Park.
    1-0 to The Addicks that day! 
  • Options
    RoytheBoy said:
    These free agents are to get us as high as possibles this season.The club is aiming higher than these freebies for next year. Expect to be pleased with the summer transfer budget, with quality.
    Interesting, I hope this is true
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I know a lot of players he tackled did backflips.
  • Options
    I think our man NJ knows exactly what he is doing, mixture of experience with youth will see this team he developing heading in the right direction.
    The building of the team for next term has already started! 
    I think we will be one of the fittest teams in L1 and started to feel the good times are just around the corner.
    It is clear he us a no nonsense person, who demands a minimum 100% from the players who will wear the shirt, and with pride and passion!
    We will need to hold tight as I think he will have them flying out the blocks.
    We will be the club to attract the players, who had previosly walked in the opposite direction!
    This is like someone who’s been divorced five times hoping No. 6 is the keeper. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    _MrDick said:
    Deli Ali has been advised to drop down a couple of leagues to rebuild his career. I wonder … 🤔
    Terrible advice. Better advice would be to give up balloons and weed and knuckle down
    No, that is not better advice to give someone who is clearly struggling with mental health issues stemming from childhood abuse. 'Knuckle down'. Christ.
    You think dropping down 2 leagues will help with his mental health? Giving up drugs and working on yourself is better for mental health than almost anything. 

But yeah you're right, best thing to do is stick to the balloons and weed, hang out with the same people but come and play for Charlton!
    Read what he said. Nowhere does he say to keep taking drugs. 
  • Options
    edited March 15
    Kazenga's Lualua family:

Roll up, Roll up for Kazenga Lualua's* family bingo.

Not only Yann, Brother-in-law: Tresor Lomana, Brother: Tresor kandol Cousin, but also Yannick Bolasie, Cousin.

Any more 🤔

*"So good they named him twice" 😀
    Just like Kaikai 🙄