Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Malta - 19:45 - Channel 4 (and free ticket!)

I'll kick off a match thread with a longshot for what is ultimately a meaningless game.

Due to a change in work commitments I have a ticket for this evening which I can't now use. Happy to give it away for free to someone that would use it. It's print at home, decent view and 100% legit. Message if interested, thank you!

Look who you could be watching (or you could be warmer at home watching C4)!

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)

Defenders: Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Rico Lewis (Manchester City), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Al-Ettifaq), Cole Palmer (Manchester City), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (Arsenal)

Forwards: Jarrod Bowen (West Ham United) Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa)

Comments

• Options
    Look who you could be watching (or you could be warmer at home watching C4)!
    This comes with a warning... You have to listen to Dion Dublin...
  • Options
    I'm off to Cumbria tonight, otherwise I would've snatched this!
  • Options
    I’ll be there tonight. The extra Brucie bonus would be seeing Konsa make his England debut. 

Hoping to not see Kane start or play tonight. Give him a rest in these nothing matches. 
  • Options
    I’ll be there. Would be great to see Ezri get his debut. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Kane will want to play an hour, he’s England captain.

Would like to see Gallagher in with Rice and Palmer just in front. Think it be a good time and occasion to play the two Chelsea lads.
  • Options
    I’ll be there tonight. The extra Brucie bonus would be seeing Konsa make his England debut. 

Hoping to not see Kane start or play tonight. Give him a rest in these nothing matches. 
    Are you a big Bayern Munich fan then? Why would you want him to rest?

I hope he plays and gets a hat trick to extend his record.
  • Options

Definitely not a Bayern Munich fan. Charlton and Glasgow Rangers.Very similar to the same reason he didn’t start against Australia in previous friendly. 

Be nice to see if Watkins start to see if can perform at an international level. 

• Options
    Be good if we see Cole Palmer and Rico Lewis tonight.

Malta wont tell us anything as you say Tom

But think Lewis could be a great option alongside Rice in the future.
  • Options
    similar to us v Cray - start strong, bang in a few then begin to rotate 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You would imagine Kane would be desperate to play in this game.
  • Options
    England v Brazil U17 live on FIFA TV now - cracking game. 0-0 but England could be two up.  
  • Options
    England the better team. Brazil 1-0 up at half time 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Should note that we've have already Qualified for the next stage

Brazil currently need the win, to avoid relying on being one of the top 3rd placed teams

England beat New Caledonia 10-0 and Iran 2-1.

Brazil on the other hand lost 2-3 to Iran, who are currently beating New Caledonia 2-0.

We'll top the Group provided Brazil don't beat us 2-0
  • Options
    similar to us v Cray - draw one all, have to play on, take advantage of their poorer fitness in extra time.
  • Options
    I'll be there tonight too. Part of a football league journey with my boy.

Hoping that Konsa does play and I can nudge my son and say "he's Charlton".
  • Options
    2-0 Brazil. Totally undeserved 
  • Options

2-1 now. Penalty for England. 
  • Options
    15 minutes added time.
  • Options
    Final score 2-1 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bump in case of anyone who wants the ticket for free last minute...
  • Options

Definitely not a Bayern Munich fan. Charlton and Glasgow Rangers.Very similar to the same reason he didn’t start against Australia in previous friendly. 

Be nice to see if Watkins start to see if can perform at an international level. 

Although meaningless, this is still a qualifier and not a friendly. With points up for grab, I would give Kane an hour to run them ragged and score a few, similar to May on Wednesday.

once we have 5, let him sit down then
  • Options
    The Henderson love-in continues. 
  • Options
    Looks like a 3-4-3

We have a more challenging game Monday which I’m guessing Rice is being saved for. Plus Henderson might keep Gallagher on a leash as he tends to go a bit headless chicken at times.

I don’t think Henderson should even be in the squad btw, just trying to make head or tail of it
  • Options
    Would be lovely to see Konsa tonight and add another Charlton alumn to the England fold - confused that Pope hasn't been selected and considering everything I think Gomez deserved another look especially considering the opposition, the dodginess of the England back line, the fact that he has never let England down before and of course the lack of real stakes in the game. 
  • Options
    The Henderson love-in continues. 
    Ludicrous. What is the benefit of playing him tonight? Play someone who could use the experience ffs.
  • Options
    What a lovely effort that was from Malta
  • Options
    Dion at it already FFS "patience is the key" but "start quickly"
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    They just mentioned Richard Wright’s own goal against Malta.
    Interesting fact: He’s the only player to score an own goal on both his Wembley debut (Ipswich v Barnsley playoff final) and his England debut. (England v Malta)

(He also scored possibly the daftest own goal in the Arsenal v Charlton 2-4 classic, but I’m sure we all knew that… 😎)
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Oh what an Own Goal!!... Lovely turn of pace from Foden though

Haha even Foden was struggling to keep a straight face