Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Malta - 19:45 - Channel 4 (and free ticket!)

Comments

• Options
    Fucking keystone cops.
  • Options
    That clash sums up the game. 
  • Options
    what i'm saying is, if VAR deemed this a penalty, or the ref came to the screen to look at it, AFTER the yellow card had been given (prompted by VAR) then deemed it to actually NOT be a dive, and he gave the pen, then the yellow has to be discarded surely?

or does the awarding of a yellow card immediately mean that VAR cannot even check the decision of if it was a penalty or not? 

The yellow would be rescinded in this case.
  • Options
    Like Palmer coming on for Henderson.
  • Options
    Love Palmer's Ena Sharples look.
  • Options
    what i'm saying is, if VAR deemed this a penalty, or the ref came to the screen to look at it, AFTER the yellow card had been given (prompted by VAR) then deemed it to actually NOT be a dive, and he gave the pen, then the yellow has to be discarded surely?

or does the awarding of a yellow card immediately mean that VAR cannot even check the decision of if it was a penalty or not? 

Thanks for answering Cal, sorry to keep labouring the point, I appreciate you know a lot more about it than me
  • Options
    Gonna take a guess that a1-0 defeat away against England would be the best result in Malta's history.
  • Options

Thanks for answering Cal, sorry to keep labouring the point, I appreciate you know a lot more about it than me

I don't mind chatting about it, it's not a perfect system and Kane can feel unfortunate to be on a card but short of adding more VAR process to what we have already, not too much can be done about it.

Not to mention, imagine if the yellow was overturned by VAR but no penalty given. I think the audience would be even more confused...
  • Options
    I thought we had it bad. Imagine watching this shit every week!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Gonna take a guess that a1-0 defeat away against England would be the best result in Malta's history.
    Yeah, but in the circumstances I’d say they probably feel a bit hard done by to be behind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could be worse. If you were at the match you'd still have to get home from Wembley.

That's the silver lining in this performance.
  • Options

I don't mind chatting about it, it's not a perfect system and Kane can feel unfortunate to be on a card but short of adding more VAR process to what we have already, not too much can be done about it.

Not to mention, imagine if the yellow was overturned by VAR but no penalty given. I think the audience would be even more confused...
    Honestly mate you are my go to man on this kind of stuff I always appreciate and respect your contributions as I think a lot of us do. 
  • Options
    I'm gonna make a paper plane and throw it around my living room. 
  • Options
    This is Dogshit….
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Could be worse. If you were at the match you'd still have to get home from Wembley.

That's the silver lining in this performance.
    My eldest is there but then he's been to virtually every game, home and away, for the last 12 years and at least this is the exception rather than the norm in recent times. 
  • Options
    The reaction will be greater than the Italy game which says it all. Fuckin shit but it’s easier to moan.
  • Options
     Come on Malta score a goal 
  • Options
    I just googled it and apparently they've had draws with Germany and Portugal before.
  • Options
    I'm gonna make a paper plane and throw it around my living room. 
    Hopefully I can hit the of switch on the TV.
  • Options

Honestly mate you are my go to man on this kind of stuff I always appreciate and respect your contributions as I think a lot of us do. 

Cheers, that's very kind of you. Lots of respect for you as well! Sometimes I feel like I'm just an annoyance so nice to hear it's not everyone... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The reaction will be greater than the Italy game which says it all. Fuckin shit but it’s easier to moan.
    Why wouldn't people moan watching this?
  • Options
    That’s better
  • Options
    Finally
  • Options
    First bit of quality all night, great move.
  • Options
    Nice goal 
  • Options
    Cheers Harry... Mrs OG is crying now
  • Options
    Yessssss!
    What a game..
  • Options
    That's more like it!

For @Redvalleyeast Goal to Harry Kane after some good one-twos Foden and Saka 

• Options
    Cmon VAR... Rule it offside for the laughs