Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Malta - 19:45 - Channel 4 (and free ticket!)

Comments

• Options
    They love the 8th minute for an own goal!
  • Options
    We haven't had a shot yet. Malta have had two - both as a result of us giving that ball away.
  • Options
    Kane needs to be careful here.... Own Goal is one away from equally his England record

Mr and Mrs OG must be so proud of their boy
  • Options
    That was a bit naughty on Tomori.
  • Options
    "when Maguire sends it wide, Kane is staying onside thats Tomori..."
  • Options
    This is very ponderous but tbf Malta have technically been excellent. Need to step it up massively 
  • Options
    Not one shot from England in 27 minutes against Malta! That is poor. 
  • Options
    errr VAR?
  • Options
    🤣🤣🤣 not just prem refs then 
  • Options
    No VAR in this ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They're saying Kane kicked the keeper, not that the keeper tripped Kane. Don't know if I agree but that's the rationale.
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    No VAR in this ?
    there absolutely is VAR 
  • Options
    Bloody Portuguese officials 
  • Options
    Foreign referees are the solution though...
  • Options
    Wtf, how has VAR not intervened there?
  • Options
    They're saying Kane kicked the keeper, not that the keeper tripped Kane. Don't know if I agree but that's the rationale.
    VAR didn't even check it did they?
  • Options
    edited November 2023

They will have had a look and decided no need for a full process. There was a good 30-60 seconds between Kane being booked and play restarting.
  • Options
    Varsicle 
  • Options

They will have had a look and decided no need for a full process.
    "they will have a look"

play didn't stop and the ref didn't signal for any check at all did he?
  • Options

"they will have a look"

VAR is watching the game and will let the ref know if a check is required. It's not the referee who engages VAR and asks them to have a look.

Play did stop, for almost a minute. It restarted because VAR didn't think there was a clear and obvious error not to award a penalty (and it can't intervene on yellow cards).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"they will have a look"

VAR is watching the game and will let the ref know if a check is required. It's not the referee who engages VAR and asks them to have a look.

Play did stop, for almost a minute. It restarted because VAR didn't think there was a clear and obvious error not to award a penalty (and it can't intervene on yellow cards).
    you think that was the correct decsion then? just wondering
  • Options
    We been shit but that VAR decision is up there with worst I’ve seen 
  • Options
    typical Southgate tactics - play backwards
  • Options
    edited November 2023

"they will have a look"

you think that was the correct decsion then? just wondering

Think it could've gone either way. I'd have been pissed off if it was given against us but would've begrudging admitted that the strike was clever to initiate contact and win the penalty.

If the pen was given, I don't think the VAR intervenes either btw.
  • Options
    Still no shots from England!
  • Options
    Turgid
  • Options
    This might be me in a minute:

• Options
    Strange performance from England so far. Meaningless game but I would expect players on the periphery of the squad to want it a bit more.

Not sure that having Tomori at left back is helping.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    England need a win and a draw from these two games to be in Pot 1 in next month's draw. Would've hoped to see more than we've got this first half. Feels a bit Charlton v Cray Valley...

Hopefully we can put this to bed sooner than later to take a lot of pressure off the N.Macedonia away game.
  • Options
    This ref is up there with the best league 1 refs.....he wouldnt look out of place would he