Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Malta - 19:45 - Channel 4 (and free ticket!)

Comments

• Options
    Lol. Someone at channel 4 has had enough of Dion Dublin

Edit: Oh dear. He’s back. 
    The in-depth breakdown of what two touch football is was too much for everyone
  • Options
    I’m sorry but this has been a joke. Imagine we needed 3 points tonight 
    For international football, it’s a disgrace 
  • Options
    Rice's goal ruled out for offside
    Harry Kane given offside for being in the keeper's eyeline 
    I thought they didn’t give that anymore? Seen plenty given when that’s been the case over the past few years. 
  • Options
    This is as bad as watching us at home to Cray Valley

its a real effort to not turn over at the moment 
    I was thinking the same thing about the Cray Valley game, but when the second and third went in in quick succession I was hoping we'd switched to Charlton in the second half at Cray Valley mode. I fear the VAR decision may have put the kibosh on that though.
  • Options
    I’m sorry but this has been a joke. Imagine we needed 3 points tonight 
    We'd have them.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I think VAR is only as good as the people watching it tbh - imagine Trevor Kettle - "thats a red" "thats another red" "but we were checking offside... "fuck you no it's a red card!"
    First promote for this, mods. And whilst you're there,  give me one as well.
  • Options
    Players waving their arms, screaming for the ball and then when they get it, passing it to a player behind them…
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Dion, I know you're bored but stop going on about the fu**ing planes!
  • Options
    Who just passed it back to the fucking halfway line from the edge of their area? Twat. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Who just passed it back to the fucking halfway line from the edge of their area? Twat. 
    Kane I think.  Wasn't watching. Busy making my 15th paper plane. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    2-0 scoreline against Malta. It is what it is. This performance has little bearing on how we’ll play next summer. Points in the bag, move on to the next one. 

You can tell, especially the last 5-10 mins, that the team has little interested in pushing for more goals.
  • Options
    It is blood awful from England. Well done to Malta showing up Englands weakness in build up play.
  • Options
    Fucking glad that's over so I don't have to listen to any more of Dion Dublin.
  • Options
    Shittyshitshit
  • Options
    2-0 scoreline against Malta. It is what it is. This performance has little bearing on how we’ll play next summer. Points in the bag, move on to the next one. 

You can tell, especially the last 5-10 mins, that the team has little interested in pushing for more goals.
    Time for bed. I'll probably have a nightmare where I'm watching this on +1.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Fucking glad that's over so I don't have to listen to any more of Dion Dublin.
    You're not keen on his punditry. That's plane to see.
  • Options
    bit meh but... Bellingham.

Brazil have Neymar. Without him they are a different proposition
    France have Mbappe. Without him they are a different proposition.
    Portugal have Ronaldo. Without him they are a different proposition.
    Argentina have Messi. Without him they are a different propoposition.
    Italy HAD Pirlo - without him they are frankly rubbish.

We will be ok.

• Options
    Next week on Channel 4: Paint Drying with your host, Dion Dublin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Rules of the game",  says Joe Cole for the 5th time tonight.

What rules in particular Joe?
  • Options
    Bit of a nothing match, bit of a nothing result,
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    "Rules of the game",  says Joe Cole for the 5th time tonight.

What rules in particular Joe?
    Dickhead cant even get that right - they're laws.
  • Options
    I've had more fun watching the grass grow - feel sorry for my two who traveled down for the match. Still we all got our caps for the game!

And another thing - how the f*ck is Dion Dublin earning a living as a co-commentator?

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    I've had more fun watching the grass grow - feel sorry for my two who traveled down for the match. Still we all got our caps for the game!

And another thing - how the f*ck is Dion Dublin earning a living as a co-commentator?

He just wings it.
  • Options
    Next week on Channel 4: Paint Drying with your host, Dion Dublin.
    Have you seen Homes Under the Hammer? Thats essentially what it is

• Options
    That was proper boring. At least the own goal bet paid very early on.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Proud of myself.  I lasted 14.5 minutes!  As the Bishop said to the actress...

Struggle to find something more frustrating than Charlton sometimes, but then along comes Gareth bloody Southgate's England.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    We could have won 4-0 or 5-0 and there would still be the same comments about how we “don’t let players off the leash” etc etc.

It was a shit game, we won, we move on. 

Crowd at the game was painful as usual. Was clear that many England supporters club members had just sold their tickets to day trippers whilst keeping the caps. 
  • Options
    Just home. That was dull.  When a Mexican wave and paper airplanes are the most exciting thing it doesn't say much for the game.