Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    We are poor - no doubt about it. 

Even last Saturday, ideal batting conditions, slow paced pitch, kookaburra ball we plodded along for most of the day at 2.5 runs an over and that was with two well set batsmen. 
  • Options
    Cam steel trialled for our 2s a few years ago 
  • Options
    I will be very surprised if we don’t go down, I just don’t see how we are going to take 20 wickets.
  • Options
    I will be very surprised if we don’t go down, I just don’t see how we are going to take 20 wickets.
    To be fair, we're missing our first overseas quick through injury, and have another to return, which will help a bit...

And while we are poor, other teams like Lancs and Notts don't look great either.
  • Options
    In total?
  • Options
    To be fair, we're missing our first overseas quick through injury, and have another to return, which will help a bit...

And while we are poor, other teams like Lancs and Notts don't look great either.
    Yes but, unlike Kent, the Lancashire Manchester Originals and the Notts Trent Rockets won't be getting a 100 point deduction for fielding 11 players will they?  
  • Options
    In total?
    Be nice otherwise they will start disliking us 😊
  • Options
    I would just like to remind the Surrey supporters that you haven't won this game. Yet. For all that our players will battle to the bitter and may or may not manage to save this game, it is safe to say that you will not have an answer to one of Kent's well used and most powerful of weapons. Fanny and her dancing shoes.  
  • Options

Wes Agar is a good bowler but he averages over 30 in FC cricket. It’s not like we’ve got Matt Henry waiting in the wings. 
  • Options
    I would just like to remind the Surrey supporters that you haven't won this game. Yet. For all that our players will battle to the bitter and may or may not manage to save this game, it is safe to say that you will not have an answer to one of Kent's well used and most powerful of weapons. Fanny and her dancing shoes.  
    And, might I add, like Mrs T...

Fanny is NOT for turning ! B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    207-1
  • Options
    Meanwhile Ollie Robinson has now reached 50 in all of his four innings this season.  
  • Options
    This is genuinely one of the most demoralising games of cricket I’ve seen Kent play in a long time 
  • Options
    Whisper but we have a wicket. Parkinson bowls Lawrence

340-2
  • Options
    WOOHOO !!!

We're back in the game !  B)
  • Options
    This is genuinely one of the most demoralising games of cricket I’ve seen Kent play in a long time 
    I have the Kent v Surrey, the Bexley CC v Kent U18s live stream, the IPL match, the Blackburn v Wednesday game (to be replaced by the Everton game) all interjected by the afternoon's horseracing and on different devices. Losing in punting on the cricket, football and horseracing does tend to dilute the disappointment of our performance against Surrey! 
  • Options
    Rain has come a bit late - minutes before lunch

355-2 for a lead of Nelson proportions!
  • Options
    I am confident we can bat out whole of tomorrow. 

Two draws against two of the title favourites sets us up nicely for rest of season …. 
  • Options
    Can we get a bonus point?
  • Options
    We're not the only poor team. Lancs beaten in just over 2 days by Essex for example.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stop doing your rain dance fanny. 
    It's not fair 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    If we take one more wicket in the next 26 overs then we will. We would have to take another four wickets in that time to get two bonus points. 
  • Options
    We're not the only poor team. Lancs beaten in just over 2 days by Essex for example.
    There's something quite bizarre about a county that has virtually a whole team on their books of internationals with the calibre of Anderson, Lyon, Buttler, Livingstone, Salt, Wood, Bruce, Mahmood, Jennings and Hartley, that is struggling as much as they are. Such are the times of central contracts and players chasing white ball money because only three of that lot are playing in the current game. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    If we take one more wicket in the next 26 overs then we will. We would have to take another four wickets in that time to get two bonus points. 
    I missed Parkinson having Sibley caught and bowled but there is a bonus point for us

384-3 with 22 overs left to pick up three more wickets
  • Options
    Foakes out swishing - caught by Finch off the bowling of Garrett

398-4
  • Options
    Parkinson gets the wicket of Smith - excellent catch by Arafat

441-5 and 11 overs to get one more wicket for a second bonus point
  • Options
    Stop doing your rain dance fanny. 
    It's not fair 
    ALL'S fair in love and war, don't ya know ! 
  • Options
    A 4th for Parky gets us another bonus point
  • Options
    We have a second bonus point with a fourth wicket to Parkinson. Unless we take three wickets in the next four overs or so then that will be it

472-6

• Options
    Parkinson with a 5 fer albeit at a cost of 177 runs

543-7 declared leaving us 299 runs to avoid an innings defeat