Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    Leaning doesn’t in any shape of form deserve to be in this side have said for a long time he fails ti deceive.  Anyone else they’d be in the seconds, what a woeful shot 
    There isn't anyone challenging him though. Muyeye has been in even worse form, O'Riordan hasn't done a lot and whatever promise Jaydn has he simply isn't ready for first team cricket especially in these conditions. 
    we’ve strengthen the wrong department haven’t we? I get what you’re saying there is no other options but you can’t persist with someone so horribly out of form? Muyeye hasn’t been given a go in the middle order and I would argue the case jaydn denly, that second innings against Essex warrants more of a chance than persisting with leaning ? 
    Muyeye in the middle order is an option but yet again this week he twice gave his wicket up to spinners when in a good position to kick on. As for Jaydn, trying to block as he did so successfully against Essex on what was a relative road, is a world away from actually having to survive let alone score runs in today's conditions. I've watched him a lot in the last year and he can be very vulnerable early on. I've just looked and over half of the time he has been out for single digit scores in the last year - England U19s, for example, his scores have been:

DNB

In my opinion, the time for Jaydn to get a run in the side will be the 50 over comp which will not be of the same standard as the CC or Blast. To throw him in too early in his career (he is only just 18) would be counter productive. 

The person who should batting higher is Evison. He is far better than a number 7 so, perhaps, the order should be Crawley, Compton, DBD, Evison, Joe Denly, Finch and then Leaning or Muyeye

Scored two 40s didn’t he ? Would guess that’s more than what leaning has scored this season albeit that’s in the seconds.

Couldn’t agree more regarding evison, would go as far as saying, after dbd he is our next best batter. Has to be batting higher, absolute waste down there and would’ve hoped by now the management team would have seen that. 
  • Options
    Leaning doesn’t in any shape of form deserve to be in this side have said for a long time he fails ti deceive.  Anyone else they’d be in the seconds, what a woeful shot 
    There isn't anyone challenging him though. Muyeye has been in even worse form, O'Riordan hasn't done a lot and whatever promise Jaydn has he simply isn't ready for first team cricket especially in these conditions. 
    we’ve strengthen the wrong department haven’t we? I get what you’re saying there is no other options but you can’t persist with someone so horribly out of form? Muyeye hasn’t been given a go in the middle order and I would argue the case jaydn denly, that second innings against Essex warrants more of a chance than persisting with leaning ? 
    Muyeye in the middle order is an option but yet again this week he twice gave his wicket up to spinners when in a good position to kick on. As for Jaydn, trying to block as he did so successfully against Essex on what was a relative road, is a world away from actually having to survive let alone score runs in today's conditions. I've watched him a lot in the last year and he can be very vulnerable early on. I've just looked and over half of the time he has been out for single digit scores in the last year - England U19s, for example, his scores have been:

DNB

In my opinion, the time for Jaydn to get a run in the side will be the 50 over comp which will not be of the same standard as the CC or Blast. To throw him in too early in his career (he is only just 18) would be counter productive. 

The person who should batting higher is Evison. He is far better than a number 7 so, perhaps, the order should be Crawley, Compton, DBD, Evison, Joe Denly, Finch and then Leaning or Muyeye

Scored two 40s didn’t he ? Would guess that’s more than what leaning has scored this season albeit that’s in the seconds.

Couldn’t agree more regarding evison, would go as far as saying, after dbd he is our next best batter. Has to be batting higher, absolute waste down there and would’ve hoped by now the management team would have seen that. 
    It can be a quantum leap from the 2s to the 1s. We had four guest club bowlers bowling for us in the second innings. He and Ekansh scored 100s earlier in the season on the Beckenham Road against a bowling attack that wasn't much better. There's probably one other factor that we have to bear in mind at the moment - both I believe will be doing their A Levels. 

I've got this nasty feeling that Evison at 7 is seen as the man to rescue us and when you successfully do that so often you permanently end up with the job! 
  • Options
    We're now seeing on what basis Stewart was brought in. To strengthen our batting. 
  • Options
    184-6 off 64 overs at tea

Evison 46* (106)
    Stewart 35* (48)

An unbeaten partnership of between the two of 55
  • Options
    Rain. Well it is Manchester

186-6
  • Options
    Stewart out for 45 (58)

Evison has his 50* (118)

203-7
  • Options
    Essex 156 all out
    Somerset 68-5

Preparing, or should I say not preparing, a wicket might end up backfiring on Somerset given that Essex have Messrs Cook and Porter there to do the damage
  • Options
    A shame the wicket fell when it did, as play stopped for the day only 2 overs later, but a good fightback. Tomorrow is another murky sort of day.
  • Options
    20 wickets in a day at Taunton. Points deduction coming?
  • Options
    Dodgy Dukes balls…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 3
    5 each for Cook and Porter. Who would have thought that on a green seamer? Somerset will please the ECB even more by not playing Bashir again too.   
  • Options
    Their pitch might be shit, but The Somerset live stream is very good. 
  • Options
    5 each for Cook and Porter. Who would have thought that on a green seamer? Somerset will please the ECB even more by not playing Bashir again too.   
    Unless Cook finds another 5-7mph he won’t even be considered by Rob Key for England 
  • Options
    Quick burst of wickets leaves lancs on 31-4. Agar had an attempt at a hatrick to no avail. Come on Kent! 
  • Options
    35/5!!
  • Options
    Gilchrist gets Bell caught Finch
  • Options
    Enjoying this..... 
  • Options
    Need 75 to avoid the follow on... 
  • Options
    Is this on sky?
  • Options
    Is this on sky?
    Sky Sports Mix
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    38/6!!!
  • Options
    Agar and Gilchrist with 3 a piece
  • Options
    40/7... 
  • Options
    OMG !!!!

Watching on Sky & trying not to move a muscle in case I scupper this Kent bowltastic period. 

Tea now so can relax for 20mins and quickly post on here.

Surely nothing can go wrong now .... :p
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    No batting points again, barring a miracle. I suspect that Lancs won't make many runs either.
    I suspect they will
    We bow down to the knowledge of @killerandflash
  • Options
    Both number 7s have top scored 
  • Options
    edited May 4
    92 ao - Lanc following on.
  • Options
    Extra’s 2nd highest scorer with 12 in Lancashire innings.
  • Options
    Why isn't Parkinson getting a bowl ?
  • Options
    Pico said:
    Why isn't Parkinson getting a bowl ?
    Presumably the conditions are more suitable for the quicker bowlers. The bowling figures in Lancashire's first innings would suggest that.