Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    Dbd sees us home tomorrow 
    Weather permitting 
  • Options
    Watched every ball bowled today, holding my breath more often than was good for me. 

Our bowlers did a fantastic job - let's hope they can replicate that performance against the  "better" sides. And Finchy ...well, who needs Bilbo now ? 

Time now for out batsmen to step up to the plate & follow the example of Deebs. 

We can do this and go forward with a spring in our step & some confidence in our locker. 
  • Options
    Kent will have to get a move on this morning to beat the rain... So having Zak out there rather than Compton would have been useful!
  • Options
    Come on Kent!!!!

93 to win 9 wickets in hand. Don't mess it up we need the points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Kent will have to get a move on this morning to beat the rain... So having Zak out there rather than Compton would have been useful!
    With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't send in Grant Stewart at first drop. He's not someone who is ever going to dig in anyway and a couple of bombs from him and Lancashire will be stuck between a "rock and a hard place" as to the field they set - keep three round the bat and there won't be enough to protect the boundary but have too many out and there will be plenty of singles to be had and the chances of being caught close in have all but disappeared. 
  • Options
    We could do with Compton retiring hurt now. 

I'd rather have the stroke players out there now, with Compton in reserve in case we collapse.
  • Options
    Compton out actually playing an attacking shot - caught and bowled Lyon for 29 (91)

91-2 with 73 needed to win
  • Options
    With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't send in Grant Stewart at first drop. He's not someone who is ever going to dig in anyway and a couple of bombs from him and Lancashire will be stuck between a "rock and a hard place" as to the field they set - keep three round the bat and there won't be enough to protect the boundary but have too many out and there will be plenty of singles to be had and the chances of being caught close in have all but disappeared. 
    Leaning in. What do I know eh? 
  • Options
    Compton out actually playing an attacking shot - caught and bowled Lyon for 29 (91)

91-2 with 73 needed to win
    Not his natural game trying to force things against a top spinner
  • Options
    Can someone lock Lyon in the pavilion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    50 (115) for DBD

105-2 and 59 away from victory 
  • Options
    Been some truly heroic timewasting from Lancs 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Indeed. The Sky commentators seem to have missed the obvious reason for the endless fielding discussions...
  • Options
    If Hartley is a Test spinner then England are a fucking joke, obv
  • Options
    edited May 6
    Leaning out, caught at slip off Lyon for 16 (32)

DBD  61* (135)

129-3 and 35 needed
  • Options
    129-3?
  • Options
    Come on Kent you can do this
  • Options
    edited May 6
    I would have been tempted to chuck Stewart and smash a few
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Indeed. The Sky commentators seem to have missed the obvious reason for the endless fielding discussions...
    Atherton (former Lancs captain) and Paul Allott (former Lancs player and Director of Cricket) being two of them
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    129-3?
    Indeed. Duly amended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's face it there are only 2 results likely now, a Kent win or a draw if it rains.
  • Options
    We win by 7 wickets

Fantastic victory, led from the front by our recently appointed skipper, DBD, in deciding to enforce the follow on and contributing 79* (157), accompanied at the close by Denly 19* (21)

A result that should be a real dressing room boost especially as we were put in
  • Options
    We've won!!!!

166-3
  • Options
    DBD 79* Joe Denly 19*
  • Options
    Huge win that!
  • Options
    Faith in a seemingly stricken Parkinson repaid too
  • Options
    What a win from the lads, that spell from both agar and Gilchrist set the game up alongside that crucial 70 from evison, we 100% need to get evison up the order. get  swanepoel in for Stewart and we are looking much stronger.  

Question marks still around leaning for me, needs a knock in the seconds 
  • Options
    edited May 6
    Jack Carney, the former Lancs Academy and England U19 keeper, appears to have ended his trial with us as he is playing for Derbyshire in their 2s game against Durham. I can't say that's particularly surprising because the writing was on the wall when he was seen consistently batting down the order for us. I suspect that Ross Richardson who has scored three 50s for our 2s this season get the gloves in the game starting tomorrow against his former county, Surrey. 
  • Options
    Great performance in all four innings. 
    Could have got down as they built a lead in the 3rd plus pressure of the chase and likely rain today, but a good job all round