Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    Parky has had a bowl in the second innings and had Jennings stumped by Finch.
  • Options
    Genius captaincy on my part...... 
  • Options
    Lancs 117-4 in their second innings. 52 required to make us bat again.
  • Options
    I'm amazed they got so much play in today. 

Getting Jennings out was crucial, though I have visions of us chasing 60 to win and collapsing to 23-4...
  • Options
    Lancs 119-4 at the close.
  • Options
    edited May 4
    Can’t say I was expecting that at all. Agar and Gilchrist really are different class, With the addition of Swanepoel we really should m be a threat to most teams. 

Only time we will come unstuck is when we need to rest them,  as we seem intent in rotating our bowlers I think.  Quinn, Singh, Stewart or Arafat are nowhere near good enough to lace their boots. 
  • Options
    Been out all day but it was a pleasant surprise to see the scorecard. Just need to wrap it up tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Can’t say I was expecting that at all. Agar and Gilchrist really are different class, With the addition of Swanepoel we really should m be a threat to most teams. 

Only time we will come unstuck is when we need to rest them,  as we seem intent in rotating our bowlers I think.  Quinn, Singh, Stewart or Arafat are nowhere near good enough to lace their boots. 
    If we win this game, then the decision to not risk Agar and Gilchrist against Surrey will be 100% vindicated.
  • Options
    Finches stumping was extremely good. Early in the season but Parkinson in these match situations is a match winner!
    Fair play Kent! If they can win this match, what a start to the season
  • Options
    edited May 4
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Finches stumping was extremely good. Early in the season but Parkinson in these match situations is a match winner!
    Fair play Kent! If they can win this match, what a start to the season
    I think Finch can claim the credit for that one!

Very impressive for a "bits and pieces" cricketer who's turned himself into a keeper worthy of wearing the famous Kent wicketkeeping gloves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a great effort from the team.
    Thought we might bat them out of the game but can’t argue with the closing score after enforcing the follow on 
  • Options
    Somerset beat Essex by 3 wickets in less than two days

37 wickets in 188 overs so basically a wicket every 5 overs
  • Options
    Kent v Lancs is on Sky Sports Mix. 
  • Options
    edited May 5
    Qadri is a better bowler than the medium pacers and can bat. Kent should just play two spinners in future, Swanepoel, Agar and Gilchrist will be enough fast bowling
  • Options
    edited May 5
    Leuth said:
    Qadri is a better bowler than the medium pacers and can bat. Kent should just play two spinners in future, Swanepoel, Agar and Gilchrist will be enough fast bowling
    You'd have to drop a batsman in order to have Swanepoel (av 27.05) batting at 7, Qadri at 8 (av 17.27), Agar (av 12.77) at 9, Parkinson at 10 (av 9.92) and Gilchrist (av 8.11) at 11? It is the fact that we have Evision (two wickets this season in FC cricket) coming in when we've lost just 5 wickets that has rescued us on numerous occasions. He should be batting higher but we have to have someone capable of doing a proper job there be that Finch, Leaning or Muyeye because we shouldn't have to be relying on that tail to get us any meaningful runs.

Qadri hasn't been taking loads of wickets in the 2s (7 wickets in total this season at 46.57) against what is a much lower level of batsmen he is bowling at and Stewart hasn't taken a single wicket so Swanepoel is the natural person to come in and bat at 8. We also have Leaning and Denly who can bowl spin too. 
  • Options
    G'day Bruce, as I hope Agar greeted Tom Bruce this morning, before bowling him.
  • Options
    I don’t fancy us chasing this already ! 
  • Options
    Nearly 200 runs since the 5th wicket went down 
  • Options
    Kent need 164 to win
  • Options
    aaand 1 wicket down already. Be strong my heart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crawley out for 1 score 12 for 1
  • Options
    FFS. This is relegation battle - gotta win this 
  • Options
    Kent 38-1 off 8.3 overs
  • Options
    I don't want to comment.
  • Options
    I have visions of it chucking it down when we are 10 short of victory tomorrow...
  • Options
    71-1 at close with another 93 required to win. True grit on a pitch that is anything but predictable now from Compton (14 from 58) and DBD (39 off 85)
  • Options
    Let’s hope the bad weather stays away tomorrow, doesn’t look too great at the moment.  
  • Options
    71-1 at close with another 93 required to win. True grit on a pitch that is anything but predictable now from Compton (14 from 58) and DBD (39 off 85)
    Conditions seemed pretty placid today though, considering how much better Lancs did in their second innings. 
  • Options
    Conditions seemed pretty placid today though, considering how much better Lancs did in their second innings. 
    It's just the ones that spit out of the rough and Lyon in particular seems to be able to land the ball on.  
  • Options
    Dbd sees us home tomorrow