Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited May 11
    Worcs 424-7 at lunch. 

EDIT: Just the one bowling point for Kent.
  • Options
    Amazing fightback on here... 
    18-2 in reply to 618-7d
  • Options
    Right lads, that’s 7 wickets down. Let’s run through them and set about getting a lead. 
  • Options
    I know Kent are renown for being unable to bowl a tail out but it must be decent batting conditions if you can get 600 plus yet Compton and Crawley go missing.
  • Options
    8 and 9 both get unbeaten centuries??? 
  • Options
    Kent 111-2 at the close. Just 507 runs behind with 8 wickets left.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Kent 111-2 at the close. Just 507 runs behind with 8 wickets left.
    Stick another 700 runs on, and day 4 could be exciting 
  • Options
    Surprised Muyeye didn't play for the 2nds. 
    I was too. It might just be that he wants a week or two to clear his head particularly as he has been playing every week including pre season. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see him at fielding 12th man as he has to be better than the likely bowlers left out of the 13. 
    Well I don't know what the reason was for his absence from the Kent 2s but Tawanda managed to find his way to Bromley today. Bowling for them, he returned figures of 10-2-34-2 and followed that up with 76 off 49 balls. 
  • Options
    135-4, a pretty pathetic effort in what I imagine are excellent batting conditions
  • Options
    135-4, a pretty pathetic effort in what I imagine are excellent batting conditions
    And so it starts....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Another glorious day at the Spitfire
  • Options
    Less than 300 to avoid the follow-on. Come on lads! 
  • Options
    Kent 192-5. Leaning 82*

276 required to avoid the follow on.

• Options
    We really don't want to lose this match as Worcestershire are likely to be battling against relegation too alongside us.
  • Options
    397to make them bat again.

221-5
  • Options
    Leaning has his ton. 101* Kent 232-5
  • Options
    With the slow scoring rate, we're not going to get many batting bonus points even if we post a big first innings score. Worcs also scored slowly during the first 110 overs.
  • Options
    Ton up for Leaning. His first since the end of the 2022 season

232-5
  • Options
    edited May 12
    Much needed ton for Kent, and for Leaning himself. Only his ninth first-class century, which is poor for someone as experienced as he is.
  • Options
    250-5 at tea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    250-6 Evison c Roderick b Smith 27
  • Options
    With the slow scoring rate, we're not going to get many batting bonus points even if we post a big first innings score. Worcs also scored slowly during the first 110 overs.
    Yes we needed to bat carefully, but grim to end up with only 1 batting point after the 110 overs are up.
  • Options
    301-6 so 2 batting points to go with our single bowling point.
  • Options
    Only 1 batting point taken from that not 2? 
  • Options
    No more batting points available as we are in the 111th over.
  • Options
    Just 1, as we only made 297-6 in the 110 overs
  • Options
    300 to make them bat again 150 to avoid the follow on 318-6.
  • Options
    Yes we needed to bat carefully, but grim to end up with only 1 batting point after the 110 overs are up.
    We had 2 batting points but only 1 bowling point.
  • Options
    Their bowlers will be pretty tired by now. Even with our batting, bowling us out twice will be very hard work.
  • Options
    342-6 Swanepoel 51* Leaning 143*