Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Options
    347-7 Swanepoel lbw b D'Oliveira 54
  • Options
    Agar next in.
  • Options
    350 up
  • Options
    359-8 Agar b Kashif Ali 6. Leaning 151*
  • Options
    362-8 at the close. Leaning 152* Gilchrist2*
  • Options
    I hope we can get a draw out of this. The wicket doesn't appear to be doing much. We just have to bat all day one way or the other. Bad weather is forecast for tomorrow I believe which might assist us.
  • Options
    Every chance of getting a draw here.
    Getting a different weather forecast than you Len…..cloudy at times no rain expected.🤞
  • Options
    The weather forecast tomorrow is terrible.

No rain at all.
  • Options
    The other evening on Meridian TV they forecast showers for Monday. May have changed since as I've not seen a forecast since Thursday.
  • Options

The view at close. A pleasant afternoon.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No serious team would lose 12 wickets in a day on this sort of blameless surface. Easy draw surely
  • Options
    The commentator saying Worcestershire might not enforce the follow-on if they have the chance to. Lol, lmao
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The commentator saying Worcestershire might not enforce the follow-on if they have the chance to. Lol, lmao
    Well not like they've had much chance to bat this match eh? Might as well get some extra practice in lmao
  • Options
    At what point should we declare?
  • Options
    At what point should we declare?
    I mean, a confident team would declare now and seek to get a decent lead following on 
  • Options
    Gilchrist out for a hard earned 56 ball 12

394-9 
  • Options
    I thought this Holder bloke was supposed to be a good slipper ffs
  • Options
    400 up for Kent and 400 up for Leaning too (175)
  • Options
    edited May 13
    To be honest, bit poor from Worcestershire, not really trying to force a result here! Few more part timers, bit more throwing the ball up, trying to buy a few wickets, even if it cost them runs, could have got them either back batting or bowling again. 

• Options
    Oh soon as I post, the last wicket goes down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parkinson bowled for 2 (16). Leaning unbeaten on 179* (403)

407 all out and 211 behind
  • Options
    Big day for Kashif Ali to make a statement with the ball I reckon. I did promise you box office... 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    To be honest, bit poor from Worcestershire, not really trying to force a result here! Few more part timers, bit more throwing the ball up, trying to buy a few wickets, even if it cost them runs, could have got them either back batting or bowling again. 

Bookmarked
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

I assume the logic was to save their main bowlers for the second innings, and hope the part timers could take the final wickets quickly.
  • Options
    edited May 13

Jack Leaning ends unbeaten on 179 after nine hours and 48 minutes and 145 overs at the crease during which he faced 403 balls.

Leaning's is the longest innings by minutes in the long history of Kent County Cricket Club - though of course that is a relatively modern statistic.

• Options
    Crawley out for 10 - caught behind off the bowling of Holder

13-1
  • Options
    Bloody Crawley. Needed him to step up.
  • Options
    This situation is made for Compton in theory.
  • Options
    It is ironic that I was bemoaning Muyeye's unsuitability as an opener (51 runs in 4 innings) only for Crawley to actually "outperform" him (67 runs in 6 innings). Only Singh and Agar are below Crawley in this season's averages. 
  • Options

Jack Leaning ends unbeaten on 179 after nine hours and 48 minutes and 145 overs at the crease during which he faced 403 balls.

Leaning's is the longest innings by minutes in the long history of Kent County Cricket Club - though of course that is a relatively modern statistic.

Hope he hasn't put his feet up because he might be in again shortly!