Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• That Compton dismissal has just about done me In for this season, can’t bare to keep up with it anymore. Just a complete waste of time from so called professional m players. If anyone fancies describing to me what happened with that Compton dismissal  then please be my guest, get the batting coach out the club. 
    It comes from having a frazzled mind. Trying to put pressure on the opposition when it's not a shot that he ever plays. A Harry Brook might have smashed that out of the ground doing so but not Compton. As they say, play strong shots not reckless ones. That was reckless. 
    I supposed being “tested” every Saturday in the Championship is just what you need to keep your mind razor sharp. 
  • I suppose the way to look at our signings is this. How many of their former counties' committee and fans would have been gutted to lose them? Not Leaning, Quinn, Qadri, Compton, Finch, Bhuiyan or Garrett. Probably not Parkinson either who was being loaned out to all and sundry before he signed for us. Possibly Gilchrist and definitely Evison. But that's it.   
    In fact, thinking about it, the ones in bold weren't actually leaving a county the season before they signed for us. It was as a result of playing a number of games that they were offered a contract. In the case of Compton and Finch that was a lot of matches. Which is very much our way now. The problem becomes the ones you miss. Kashif Ali was brought into our Academy in 2018 and given 20 plus games in the 2s.
  • I imagine the CAMRA  beer tent won't be open, one way or another, tomorrow. If I had been there today, I would have drunk it dry, having to watch this performance  :#
    You and many others Killer!
  • edited June 25
    That Compton dismissal has just about done me In for this season, can’t bare to keep up with it anymore. Just a complete waste of time from so called professional m players. If anyone fancies describing to me what happened with that Compton dismissal  then please be my guest, get the batting coach out the club. 
    It comes from having a frazzled mind. Trying to put pressure on the opposition when it's not a shot that he ever plays. A Harry Brook might have smashed that out of the ground doing so but not Compton. As they say, play strong shots not reckless ones. That was reckless. 
    I supposed being “tested” every Saturday in the Championship is just what you need to keep your mind razor sharp. 
    Welcome to the issues of playing on rubbish wickets-  Jaydn Denly averaged 8.45 in the Championship last season. The problem is that Compton doesn't play in the Blast and even the 2s are playing T20 whilst that's going on. So his only opportunity to play red ball is 50 over stuff on a Saturday. Damned if he does play and damned if he doesn't. And the decks in the Premier Division aren't any better but the bowling is. 
  • Can we just bury this myth that the players' lack of success is down to the batting coach. If their technique isn't good enough and/or they don't have the right temperament then no amount of coaching once that is embedded will change things. We have had loads of batting coaches over the years and yet not one of our players (and I'm happy to be corrected) average more than about 35 in the CC. And most, including Crawley, are nearer the early 30s. 
    Crawleys go to Batting coach is in Australia 
  • That Compton dismissal has just about done me In for this season, can’t bare to keep up with it anymore. Just a complete waste of time from so called professional m players. If anyone fancies describing to me what happened with that Compton dismissal  then please be my guest, get the batting coach out the club. 
    Welcome to the issues of playing on rubbish wickets-  Jaydn Denly averaged 8.45 in the Championship last season. The problem is that Compton doesn't play in the Blast and even the 2s are playing T20 whilst that's going on. So his only opportunity to play red ball is 50 over stuff on a Saturday. Damned if he does play and damned if he doesn't. And the decks in the Premier Division aren't any better but the bowling is. 
    In the old days the pros were affiliated to a prem club so if you were relegated you had to move clubs until  your club was promoted again . Not sure why they binned that idea. 
  • Can we just bury this myth that the players' lack of success is down to the batting coach. If their technique isn't good enough and/or they don't have the right temperament then no amount of coaching once that is embedded will change things. We have had loads of batting coaches over the years and yet not one of our players (and I'm happy to be corrected) average more than about 35 in the CC. And most, including Crawley, are nearer the early 30s. 
    That's quite a trek for a session 
  • Can we call up Alfie May next week?
  • Lets hope it rains tomorrow. 
    In the old days the pros were affiliated to a prem club so if you were relegated you had to move clubs until  your club was promoted again . Not sure why they binned that idea. 
    In addition to Compton for the Vine, Muyeye has been playing for Bromley this season and Jaydn once again for Whitstable. There are at least four Academy boys that aren't playing in the PL - previously Kent would insists that they moved but now it seems that they are content to hone their game playing for the county's 2s. As I say, the pitches are great levellers. 
  • Sponsored links:

It’s a bloke called Noddy Holder - apparently he spent a couple of winters with him a few years ago on Rob Keys recommendation. If he has a problem he’s the guy he has a chat to. 

It’s a bloke called Noddy Holder - apparently he spent a couple of winters with him a few years ago on Rob Keys recommendation. If he has a problem he’s the guy he has a chat to. 

Winters you say? I bet he taught him the words to Merry Christmas Everybody too.
  • Can we call up Alfie May next week?
    Surrey have already signed him though no one told them that he plays in the top tier of the Kent Village League and not the Kent League. More fool them. 
  • Finch chips one to the midwicket for 23

Nelson for 6 
  • So Swanepoel is now injured and is batting with a runner. It never ends. 
    I wonder whether we get insurance when we sign up an overseas ? 
    If we do then they'll be multiple claims. Agar went home early. Cohen isn't treated as an overseas but is out for the whole of the first of his two year contract.  Klaassen hasn't bowled a ball for us this season. Quinn has been out for most of it. Gilchrist, Joe Denly, Leaning, Stewart, Evison and Garrett have been missing too. 
  • 137-6, 50 overs
  • 143-6 at close and still 162 runs behind
    If we do then they'll be multiple claims. Agar went home early. Cohen isn't treated as an overseas but is out for the whole of the first of his two year contract.  Klaassen hasn't bowled a ball for us this season. Quinn has been out for most of it. Gilchrist, Joe Denly, Leaning, Stewart, Evison and Garrett have been missing too. 
    Our premiums must be sky high ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• 12 more runs and we avoid the follow on ….
    Our premiums must be sky high ! 
    I'm not sure whether Cohen would be covered as he's contracted to us for two years and ordinarily when a player is injured I would imagine that we have to cover the cost of his salary. However, he came with a known history of injury and has now played just two matches in the last two years. That is the pool we are fishing in and one that we probably jointly own with CAFC!
  • Heartbreaking stuff.
  • One bonus point from this game we will end up with unless the last 4 wickets perform a miracle and bat all day tomorrow (which they won't).

Appalling. 
  • We are hanging in there at the moment. Will be good for catering if they can make it to lunch.
  • His batting stats aren't exceptional, but I thought Stobo looked decent with the bat in the first innings, and I think he's just reached his highest score.
  • Looking like we may not make it to lunch now.
  • 213-9
  • Innings defeat and didn't make it to lunch. Hopefully those that bothered to turn up today will have some lunch and a few beers before heading home! 

Just the one point and anchored at foot of the league.
  • Another extremely poor performance. Sadly, relegation this year looks nailed on.