Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• DBD has gone back to being out of form again, wonder if the captaincy is wearing him down 
    it is almost as if we can only have one batsman play well in any given timeframe.
  • MrOneLung said:
    DBD has gone back to being out of form again, wonder if the captaincy is wearing him down 
    it is almost as if we can only have one batsman play well in any given timeframe.
    We mustn't get greedy
  • 125-2. Trail by 37 runs
  • Don't worry, the other nailed-on relegation side also lost today. 

Oh wait, won. I mean won
  • Close 132-2, 30 runs behind 
  • 2 bowling points and 2 batting points. Good by our usual standards this season.
  • LenGlover said:
    2 bowling points and 2 batting points. Good by our usual standards this season.
    Onwards & upwards, Len ! 
  • edited July 3
    Jaydn Denly has been selected for the England U19 squad to face Sri Lanka next week. He isn't the only one with close relations that have played international cricket though. Also in the squad are Rocky Flintoff (son of Freddie), Archie Vaughan (son of Michael - at Somerset because he goes to Millfield as did DBD who stayed with Kent) and Farhan Ahmed (brother of Rehan). The recent U9 WC squad also contained Hayden Mustard (son of Phil) and Luc Benkenstein (son of Dale).

The other interesting one is Matthew Carney who is still "unattached". He is the keeper who trialled with us earlier in the season but for the last couple of months has been playing for Derbyshire 2s. For both counties, he has been habitually batting at 7 without being given that much of a chance to show what he can do with the bat so the intimation has to be that, in being picked for England, he is considered to be a good keeper but not one that can bat to the level of being a top 5. And perhaps that is why Lancashire released him and no county is prepared to pick him up. 
    • Hamza Shaikh (Warwickshire, Captain)
    • Farhan Ahmed (Nottinghamshire)
    • Charlie Barnard (Lancashire)
    • Jack Carney (unattached)
    • Jaydn Denly (Kent)
    • Rocky Flintoff (Lancashire)
    • Kesh Fonseka (Lancashire)
    • Alex French (Surrey)
    • Alex Green (Leicestershire)
    • Eddie Jack (Hampshire)
    • Freddie McCann (Nottinghamshire)
    • Harry Moore (Derbyshire)
    • Noah Thain (Essex)
    • Archie Vaughan (Somerset)

• McCann has been looking like a bit of a monster recently. I'm always on the lookout for the Next Trescothick and he's definitely a candidate
  • 165-3, so 3 runs ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Now 23-5 in real terms
  • Now 58 ahead (220-5), too early for a declaration?
  • Now 82-5 in real terms

Muyeye and Finch seeing us home
  • 95-6 now, with Muyeye out. I can see Hampshire getting the 4th innings total with 3 overs to go, it's that sort of season.
  • 141-8 in real terms. Finch on 58* and Parkinson on 14*
  • Lead of 142 and minimum 47 overs to close of play. We need to bat at least 10 overs (probably 15) to have any chance of scraping a draw, but I can see Hampshire knocking off the runs fairly quickly if not.
  • Ten minutes to tea break. Need to avoid losing another wicket before then and then bat a few more overs after the break. Come on boys! the extra points from a draw could be invaluable.
  • Damn! Parkinson out just before tea break. Will struggle to get a draw now.
  • where is the bad light and rain ?
  • 339-9
  • Sponsored links:

• Finch out. Great battling innings. Leaves Hampshire 29 or 30 overs to knock off 179 to win I make it. I am sure they will go for it. We need a couple of early wickets to make them think twice about the run chase. We have a chance!
  • Finch out. Great battling innings. Leaves Hampshire 29 or 30 overs to knock off 179 to win I make it. I am sure they will go for it. We need a couple of early wickets to make them think twice about the run chase. We have a chance!
    31 overs according to Cricinfo.
  • MrOneLung said:
    where is the bad light and rain ?
    Sadly no rain in the forecast. Plenty of cloud though so may help our bowlers.
  • Need a couple of wickets. Hampshire looking comfortable at the moment.
  • Hampshire going for it. Sixes in each of last two overs. Either need some wickets or a rain dance!
  • Yes! First wicket. Could do with another quickly. James Vince in now. Need to get him out before he settles or it could be game over.
  • Oh Fanny! What have you done? 
  • Players off for rain after Nathan bowls Vince ! 

My dancing has paid dividends at last !!!!
  • Oh Fanny! What have you done? 
    Not enough clearly!
  • B*gger !