Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• That proves it, Charlton fans are a sad bunch who never knows when enough is enough 🥴
  • ross1 said:
    That proves it, Charlton fans are a sad bunch who never knows when enough is enough 🥴
    Not all fans.😉
  • Ekansh Singh in the squad for tomorrow

• Well done Ekansh who has come in for Khushi in the squad. One would think that Finch, as the contracted player, will come in for him but you never know especially as Ekansh is an opener and given we are out, this is an opportunity to blood him. 
  • Can’t fathom why Qadri hasn’t been given a go over Parkinson 
  • Today is my one and only game for the season, just got on the train at Norwich.

I travel more in hope than expectation.

(This post has been sponsored by Greene King via Abbot Ale, having sustained me at the Compleat Angler since 11:30 😀)
  • edited July 11
    wmcf123 said:
    Can’t fathom why Qadri hasn’t been given a go over Parkinson 
    Parkinson has been average in the CC but, statistically, he has been our best bowler in the Blast (most wickets with 11) and given that the only way we would have been able to sign him is to undertake to play him more often than not, I very much doubt that we will drop him.

As for Qadri, I'm starting to wonder if he's been told, as James Logan seemed to be, that he's going to be released at the end of the season? There might be a perfectly good reason for this but he hasn't played a Kent 2s game since 11th June (and there's been plenty of them) but did turn out for his club in Derbyshire on the 15th & 29th June. In fact, he hasn't played a competitive game for the 1st XI all season, didn't get a game in the Blast last season (has only ever played 3 T20s and taken 1 wicket) and is unlikely to play in the 50 over comp given Parkinson will be available, they will want to give Jaydn game time plus the alternatives of Leaning and possibly Joe in the side. 
  • Today is my one and only game for the season, just got on the train at Norwich.

(This post has been sponsored by Greene King via Abbot Ale, having sustained me at the Compleat Angler since 11:30 😀)
    Now in the Plough in Chelsmford and posts are sponsored by Captain Morgan.

It's cloudy and a bit muggy although I diubt that'll have any bearing on the result because we're shite.

It's cloudy and a bit muggy although I diubt that'll have any bearing on the result because we're shite.
    Think positive, BA ! 

Your presence will make ALL the difference ! 

Think positive, BA ! 

Your presence will make ALL the difference ! 
    Will it biggery Jean!

It's never made any difference in the last umpteen years I've been coming to this particular fixture so it sure as hell in't changing now!
  • Sponsored links:

• We're here

For those who care about such things, I'm the one on the right and I i inhabit Cupboard End Upper, block N ... if you see things pinned up on the back fencing on the right hand, that's me and grandson No 2 😀
  • Bugger me, we've got a wicket!

50-1 after 6
  • Oh boy.

I know that Chelmsford's a tiny ground but we've been carted round the park.

I have no hope that we can reciprocate.

160-3  off 18 ☹️
  • Bowled alright tonight until Grant Stewart came back on. He really is awful in T20 cricket. Gone for 40 runs in less that 3 overs.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Parkinson has been average in the CC but, statistically, he has been our best bowler in the Blast (most wickets with 11) and given that the only way we would have been able to sign him is to undertake to play him more often than not, I very much doubt that we will drop him.

As for Qadri, I'm starting to wonder if he's been told, as James Logan seemed to be, that he's going to be released at the end of the season? There might be a perfectly good reason for this but he hasn't played a Kent 2s game since 11th June (and there's been plenty of them) but did turn out for his club in Derbyshire on the 15th & 29th June. In fact, he hasn't played a competitive game for the 1st XI all season, didn't get a game in the Blast last season (has only ever played 3 T20s and taken 1 wicket) and is unlikely to play in the 50 over comp given Parkinson will be available, they will want to give Jaydn game time plus the alternatives of Leaning and possibly Joe in the side. 
    At Canterbury a couple of weeks ago, Qadri and Jaydn were both doing some practice bowling on the outfield at lunchtime, though most people were more interested in some Burnley kid called J Anderson who was also doing some practice bowling!
  • wmcf123 said:

At Canterbury a couple of weeks ago, Qadri and Jaydn were both doing some practice bowling on the outfield at lunchtime, though most people were more interested in some Burnley kid called J Anderson who was also doing some practice bowling!
    That Anderson boy looks promising.
  • edited July 11
    This is woeful, I've seen more urgency and higher run rate in Test cricket 

10-1 after 3

DBD holes out on the square leg boundary.
  • Honestly dislike Grant Stewart with a passion, how on earth he keeps getting picked is beyond me. Definition of pie chucker 
  • 10 runs off 3 overs of powerplay is horrendous
  • Sponsored links:

• Hey! We have got some sixes nor. 50-1!!
  • 57-1 after the powerplay.

Muyere and O'Riordan finally realising that that the boundaries are only 5 foot away.
  • O'Riordan gives up his wickwt, Kent now  95-2

95-2 10.1 overs ... Duckworth Lewis score  90

Bilbo comes to the middle ...
  • Oh, and Muyere has his 50, currently 56*
  • Bilbo goes foe 12, skied to cover.

Kent 120-2 after 13.2

Here cones Joey Evison ...
  • Two overs running, a 4 followed by a wicket.
  • And that's the end of Muyere for 73

126-4

Deep doo doo awaits ...
  • 15 gone, 133-4
  • What's with the weird chat comments on the YouTube stream?
  • Only we could throw this away. Billings needs to take responsibility playing stupid shots when we was looking comfortable