Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Kent bat first and after 18 it's 188/5. But Curran S and Overton haven't bowled a ball between them. Why?
  • 217/5 finally a batting performance! 
  • Kent bat first and after 18 it's 188/5. But Curran S and Overton haven't bowled a ball between them. Why?
    Topped the table already. Don't need to bowl them. Good to get some overs into the rest of the squad I'd imagine
  • Kent innings closes on 217/5. Muyeye 61 DBD 58 Billings 37 Leaning 33*
    Overton is recovering from stress back fractures and is only playing as a batter. Sam Curran didn't bowl well last night but did score 102no.
  • Singh has a wicket, Hurrah!!! 47/2
  • 79/4 Burns gone. O'Riordan c Finch
  • 91/5 after 10.4
  • 97/6 after 11.5. outside chance of a rare Kent win?
  • Sponsored links:

• No century for Curran today. He goes for 24 and its 116/8
  • Start the Car we might win a game of Cricket 
  • Another for Jas!!! 125/9
  • edited July 19
    Stewart said:
    I feel a little embarrassed for Surrey 
    Wins a win but no embarrassment there. Incredibly weak Surrey side. So many call ups and injuries we have to play Overton who is still injured as a batsman (was painful watching him try and field last night he could barely bend down let alone run or dive/slide for the ball. Took a catch right down his throat but generally if it was a couple yards from him it was 4) Burns as a keeper, Sibley as an opener, Evans injured on the night so dropped down the order, no overseas, Dunn playing his first and second first team games in more than 5 years (excluding the downgraded 50 over competition).

Only Jacks, Curran, Jordan, Lawrence and maybe Evans get in our best team in this format. 

Roy, Pope, Smith, T Curran, Abbott, Clark, Johnson, Atkinson, Worral, Topley. That's 10 missing to call ups on injuries

Even the likes of Blake, Patel, Geddes would get in ahead of Burns and Sibley if they weren't injured.

Yet despite that we still top the group. We've done well to win any matches in this second stint of the blast. Its generally taken some individual brilliance to get us there which shows we don't have the right balance.
  • Ditto, killerandflash.

Oh we of little faith ! 

Just checked which of our players are in the Hundred ( spit! ) and as such will be missing from  our 50 overs squad. 

Sadly, we'll miss Tawanda & Deebs- not so much Zak & Bilbo. 

Hope we can gain some much needed success in this comp once again.

We've only used 2 of our 6 pack white ball tickets so aim to use the remainder at Beckenham & Canterbury, weather permitting. 
  • edited July 20
    Completely farcical that after the group stage of the Blast, the Hundred now takes over. The knockouts don't resume until September  :#

This is it exactly. If you've been flying and in great form in the group stage you want to take that momentum and same side into a QF that should be next weekend. I know Sussex are lucky that Dan Hughes is here for the whole summer but there will be counties that lose overseas who were only here for the group stage. Must admit I'm a bit scared of running into a Lancs side and they just happen to have Buttler,Salt,Saqib and Livingstone all available because it falls on the right week. 

I might have got this wrong but I also remember someone signing Dwayne Bravo as an overseas just for finals day?
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Completely farcical that after the group stage of the Blast, the Hundred now takes over. The knockouts don't resume until September  :#

This is it exactly. If you've been flying and in great form in the group stage you want to take that momentum and same side into a QF that should be next weekend. I know Sussex are lucky that Dan Hughes is here for the whole summer but there will be counties that lose overseas who were only here for the group stage. Must admit I'm a bit scared of running into a Lancs side and they just happen to have Buttler,Salt,Saqib and Livingstone all available because it falls on the right week. 

I might have got this wrong but I also remember someone signing Dwayne Bravo as an overseas just for finals day?
    I read somewhere that teams aren't allowed now to just do that, so Lancs have signed a player to play this week so that he's available in the knockouts.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/articles/cv2g71r3np2o
  • Do players still get released from the hundred for the one day games if they aren't in the squad and their team aren't playing that day? 
  • Do players still get released from the hundred for the one day games if they aren't in the squad and their team aren't playing that day? 
    I can't find anything (it's probably not something the ECB are going to readily advertise) but it was the situation that if a player hadn't played in any of the previous 3 (I think) games then counties could apply for them to be released. We are only talking DBD and Muyeye but the chances are that one or other will become available at some point. 
  • Good to have the feel good factor back, even if it’s only briefly.
  • Stewart said:
    Wins a win but no embarrassment there. Incredibly weak Surrey side. So many call ups and injuries we have to play Overton who is still injured as a batsman (was painful watching him try and field last night he could barely bend down let alone run or dive/slide for the ball. Took a catch right down his throat but generally if it was a couple yards from him it was 4) Burns as a keeper, Sibley as an opener, Evans injured on the night so dropped down the order, no overseas, Dunn playing his first and second first team games in more than 5 years (excluding the downgraded 50 over competition).

Only Jacks, Curran, Jordan, Lawrence and maybe Evans get in our best team in this format. 

Roy, Pope, Smith, T Curran, Abbott, Clark, Johnson, Atkinson, Worral, Topley. That's 10 missing to call ups on injuries

Even the likes of Blake, Patel, Geddes would get in ahead of Burns and Sibley if they weren't injured.

Yet despite that we still top the group. We've done well to win any matches in this second stint of the blast. It’s generally taken some individual brilliance to get us there which shows we don't have the right balance.
    Only the 7 internationals in your very weak side .  My heart bleeds 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Stewart said:

Yet despite that we still top the group. We've done well to win any matches in this second stint of the blast. It’s generally taken some individual brilliance to get us there which shows we don't have the right balance.
    Not T20 internationals. Burns and sibley and Overton as a batsman only wouldn't get in the Kent side in this format nor in pretty much any other side in the competition.
  • edited July 20
    wmcf123 said:
    Stewart said:

Not T20 internationals. Burns and sibley and Overton as a batsman only wouldn't get in the Kent side in this format nor in pretty much any other side in the competition.
    It’s like Man City playing Charlton with a few players out . 
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Stewart said:

It's like City playing Villa with 11 players out.
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Stewart said:

It's like City playing Villa with 11 players out.
    Kent being bottom of both leagues doesn’t equate to Villa .  And missing Crawley, Denly , most of their bowlers , including all their overseas players, lost their two young wicket keeper batsmen to other counties vs a team that has about 35 pros … ! 
  • Oh well. If we're going to lose every single match except for one; I'm fine with it being this one.