Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• Parky !!!!
  • 19 off a Gilchrist over! The fielding is dreadful. Kent are giving them the runs with overthrows. 
  • Hants win by 6 wickets
  • 95-6 now, with Muyeye out. I can see Hampshire getting the 4th innings total with 3 overs to go, it's that sort of season.
    5 overs out in my prediction, it was 8...
  • ....sigh....
  • This season in all comps: Played 17 Won 3 
    Last two seasons in the CC: Played 23 Won 3
    Last three seasons in the CC: Played 37 Won 7

Let's face it, we don't deserve to be dining at the top table. That's not to say that's all of our fault but the squad simply isn't and hasn't been good enough. 

• Signed Tom Rogers for the final 6 blast games
  • Things also appear to be unravelling behind the scenes too. The Club's data analyst, Dan Weston, left last week. No news of a replacement and there is no advert for the position either so, presumably, we won't bother with one and save the pennies. 

“Shortly before the start of this season’s Vitality Blast campaign, the Club and I mutually agreed to go our separate ways in order for me to pursue further opportunities elsewhere. I wish the Club all the best for the future.”

• edited July 4
    Signed Tom Rogers for the final 6 blast games
    Have to be careful here - there are two Tom Rogers and both are Australian and both played in the Big Bash last season. We've signed the 30 year old bowler from Tasmania who played for the Melbourne Renegades as opposed to the 25 year old Melbourne Stars opening bat (who is called "Thomas" on scorecards for the purpose of differentiate - perhaps our former keeper should take the hint and call himself by his birthname "Oliver") who hit 196 off 142 balls in his last game for Victoria in a List A match.  
  • We are 4/2 after 0.5 overs. A duck for Khushi and 1 for Muyeye. DBD and Billings in the middle
  • Sponsored links:

• Bizarre time of day to play a T20 match.
  • Bizarre time of day to play a T20 match.
    thought the same. Don’t understand why all Blast games aren’t played outside of school/office hours 
  • 70-4 off 10
  • Make that 70-5. Leaning steps on his wicket!!
  • edited July 5
    DBD is still in - 43* (36)
  • DBD is so much better a player than half the wankers chosen for England over the last decade
  • WTF is this start time.
    Never happened under the Tories

150 all out off 19.2
  • 7 of our batsmen lasted a combined 24 balls
  • Not living down south anymore so I don't keep up with all details, but whoever is running Kent now should resign and get someone in who can run the club properly. 
    Sorry, but I was brought up with Colin Cowdrey, Underwood, Knott and others in that time, a team to be proud of
  • Sponsored links:

• Bizarre win I imagine the second wicket was the key one, putting us ahead on DLS?
  • Stewart said:
    Yes! 

New Charlton kit
    Greg Docherty signs
    Kent win

What a day. 
    Well done Nathan & Deebs ! 
  • Very lucky win.
  • Yes we still want to win games, but was there really any point in signing another overseas all rounder (Rogers) when we aren't going to make it to the knockout stage anyway, as we're too far behind now.

I've completely lost track of all our overseas players now, as we seem to break them so quickly. I assume Swanepoel, is still injured, is Stobo injured or just not picked for the Blast?. Also I've lost track of the bowler injuries. Will Quinn ever play this season, and what happened to Garrett? 
  • Is anyone aiming to watch today's T20 at The Oval if it stops raining ? 

Taken a look at Surrey's website & can't find the Match Centre link ...Seems they use YouTube but am having issues accessing it. 
  • AAh ! Have stumbled across it now so don't worry. 

But looking unlikely that play will start anytime soon .
  • AAh ! Have stumbled across it now so don't worry. 

But looking unlikely that play will start anytime soon .
    Not surprised by that as Surrey always bottle it against us!!!
  • 4.15pm start. Kent won the toss and will bowl.

Foakes isn't playing or keeping for Surrey. Neither is Smith. Neither is Pope. Neither is Blake. Burns is though.