Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• 7 batting points. Less than a point a game. That is shocking. 
  • CHGCHG
    edited June 26
    There are only three things this Kent team can’t do eh..
    So depressing. 
  • CHG said:
    So depressing. 
    Bet we do a good tea. Or are we so
    skint the players have to bring their own ? 
  • CHG said:
    So depressing. 
    Bet we do a good tea. Or are we so
    skint the players have to bring their own ? 
    That is what the parents of the Kent age group cricketers used to have to do for their children and that of the opposition. 
  • Feroze Khushi has joined on loan from Essex. Will be in the squad for the Hants CC game plus three T20s

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/khushi-joins-on-four-match-loan/
  • Feroze Khushi has joined on loan from Essex. Will be in the squad for the Hants CC game plus three T20s

I am saying nothing other than, the Essex players are probably very happy with this loan.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Feroze Khushi has joined on loan from Essex. Will be in the squad for the Hants CC game plus three T20s

I am saying nothing other than, the Essex players are probably very happy with this loan.
    Essex are in a very different place from Kent at the moment. We are desperately short at the top of the order at the moment, so a mediocre Essex player is an improvement on what we have!
  • MrOneLung said:
    Feroze Khushi has joined on loan from Essex. Will be in the squad for the Hants CC game plus three T20s

Essex are in a very different place from Kent at the moment. We are desperately short at the top of the order at the moment, so a mediocre Essex player is an improvement on what we have!
    No doubt he is an improvement but nothing to do with his talent why they might be pleased he is gone
  • MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

No doubt he is an improvement but nothing to do with his talent why they might be pleased he is gone
    Hmmm, curiouser & curiouser ...

Let's play " Khushi Charades.

Now, 1st word...sounds like ...? 

• Kent will be checking the width of his bat before he walks out to the crease that's for sure!
  • Sponsored links:

• Kent will be checking the width of his bat before he walks out to the crease that's for sure!
    I'd forgotten he was that player! I wouldn't worry now, I've seen his bat and it's totally legal.

• edited June 28
    yeah Ive heard Kushi isn’t very popular amongst the Essex squad. 
  • Spoilsports ! 

I was looking forward to a decent evening of "Guess the problem " with no sport on the TV ! 

Ah well, back to GBN .

Just caught Rick Everitt talking to Kier Stamer ....and the Gen Election thread's temporarily closed ! 
  • Completely forgot we were playing today. Anyway, from the last side, Garrett, Singh and O'Riordan have been left out and Swanpoel is, of course, injured. In come Leaning, Khushi, Stewart and Gilchrist

BG Compton, FIN Khushi, DJ Bell-Drummond*, JA Leaning, JDM Evison, HZ Finch†, TS Muyeye, CH Stobo, G Stewart, MW Parkinson, NN Gilchrist

Hants won the toss and are batting. Currently 19-2 but Fanny's dancing has meant that rain has stopped play
  • Completely forgot we were playing today. Anyway, from the last side, Garrett, Singh and O'Riordan have been left out and Swanpoel is, of course, injured. In come Leaning, Khushi, Stewart and Gilchrist

BG Compton, FIN Khushi, DJ Bell-Drummond*, JA Leaning, JDM Evison, HZ Finch†, TS Muyeye, CH Stobo, G Stewart, MW Parkinson, NN Gilchrist

Hants won the toss and are batting. Currently 19-2 but Fanny's dancing has meant that rain has stopped play
    Had me excited there! 19-0!
  • edited June 30
    Stronger looking batting lineup. Other than the loss of a Swanepoel, a shame this side couldn't have played Lancs.
  • Hants 24/2, wickets for Stewart and Stobo 
  • Good start, still not positive for me
  • Labuschagne doing what Darren Stevens and David Masters did for years

https://x.com/i/status/1807393675502035078
  • 56-3
  • Sponsored links:

• 83-3

We've missed Leaning for one thing. His catching. 
  • 105-3
  • 160-3 off 50 overs 

It's all starting to look very familiar with Vince (80) and Brown (39) putting on 104 already
  • edited June 30
    244-3. That's better, I thought it was going too good
  • Now, following the elation of the football, it is time for a reality check. Hants at close are 301-3 from 56-3. Vince is on 149* and Brown 106*. 
  • Normal service resumes.
  • In the Durham v Worcestershire game, Durham were 190 all out with Worcestershire replying with 112 all out. In their second innings, Durham are 33-3. Having lost both their openers, they have sent in three nightwatchmen - firstly Clark was sent in but was out for 4. He was followed by Potts and Siddle. What that means is that Ackerman will be at 6 instead of his normal 3 with the two top run scorers in the CC, namely Beddingham and Robinson batting at 7 and 8 respectively and the England captain, Stokes, at 9
  • In the Durham v Worcestershire game, Durham were 190 all out with Worcestershire replying with 112 all out. In their second innings, Durham are 33-3. Having lost both their openers, they have sent in three nightwatchmen - firstly Clark was sent in but was out for 4. He was followed by Potts and Siddle. What that means is that Ackerman will be at 6 instead of his normal 3 with the two top run scorers in the CC, namely Beddingham and Robinson batting at 7 and 8 respectively and the England captain, Stokes, at 9
    No doubt no points deduction for a shoddy pitch
  • We could do no worse if Southgate was in charge