Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2024

Comments

• I just hope that the one run deducted for DLS isn't the difference between winning and losing!
  • This is very finely balanced. Well done the bowlers who’ve done it with the ball and the bat!
  • 240-7 (45)

19 off 18
  • The gamble in bringing on Evison fails as he goes for 12 off the over

7 off 12
  • Really enjoyed the commentator giving a lengthy obituary for Worcs before that Evison over. "A valiant effort in both innings but inexperience looks like it's going to tell." Nah, Kent looks like it's going to tell mate
  • Leuth said:
    Really enjoyed the commentator giving a lengthy obituary for Worcs before that Evison over. "A valiant effort in both innings but inexperience looks like it's going to tell." Nah, Kent looks like it's going to tell mate
    Oh it was the Worcs commentator! Lol. Have some faith! 
  • Worcs win by 3 wickets with 7 balls to spare. Good game of cricket even if we did lose!
  • Anyway. Qadri batting at 9 and not bowling. That's the story there. Terrible player management 
  • We have a team with far too many bowlers, so that most barely bowl, and not enough top order batsmen. 

Yes we want to play the younger players, but leaving out Compton, when we're already without DBD and Muyeye, is unbalancing the team as none of the younger players are top order batsmen. 

They've chosen to go down a certain path, so shouldn't be surprised when we again lose because we're not making enough runs.
  • edited August 7
    We have a team with far too many bowlers, so that most barely bowl, and not enough top order batsmen. 

Yes we want to play the younger players, but leaving out Compton, when we're already without DBD and Muyeye, is unbalancing the team as none of the younger players are top order batsmen. 

They've chosen to go down a certain path, so shouldn't be surprised when we again lose because we're not making enough runs.
    I could be wrong but i thought Jayden Denly opened  for England U19's ? Think Ekash played as an opener as well. I wonder if Compton is off which is why they are blooding the youngsters ? If the idea is to play the kids then give them a go up top instead of hiding them lower down 

• Sponsored links:

• Just seen that London Spirit are struggling tonight v Trent Rockets...

No DBD in the team...again.

There's 1 of our One Day openers ....

....getting splinters on the bench .

And how many times has Tawanda played for the Surrey lot ? 

What a "joke".
  • Sussex - Played 6 Lost 6

The ages of their team today were:

18 - 1
    19 - 1
    20 - 4
    22 - 2
    23 - 1
    24 - 1
    30 - 1

Yeah this was expected. Farbrace said at the start of the year that we were going to rotate heavily and play no overseas players. 
  • Looks like we're all too depressed to watch the lads today via the stream....

I'm trying hard to avoid it ..every time I take a peak we seem to lose a wicket .
  • edited August 9
    Kent beat Derbyshire by 3 wickets with 3.3 overs to spare thanks, in the main, to Parkinson with the ball (10-1-23-3), Stewart with the ball and bat (8.3-0-28-2 and 48 off 40) and last but not least, Leaning with a superb knock of 81* off 116
  • edited August 9
    And Fanny's negative tactics result in a precious 3 wkt win for the Spitfires ! 

Who needs rain dancing shoes !

Our Jack played a captain's innings too  B) !
  • Despite currently being in 7th place, if we were to win our final two group games against Durham and Northants then there is a decent chance that we will make the QFs 

• Despite currently being in 7th place, if we were to win our final two group games against Durham and Northants then there is a decent chance that we will make the QFs 

We'll be at both of those matches & sadly we've been Jonahs so far this season....   
  • Just read that London Spirit have been eliminated from THAT competition .

Does this mean that DBD will now be available for our 2 remaining One Day matches ? 

Surely his batting would add some strength to our young team.
  • This could be going better
  • Yet another missed catch
  • Sponsored links:

• O'Riordan went off injured so not sure if he'll be batting. Seems academic currently
  • 308 to win
  • I want to know what Evison has done to upset Leaning. Everyone else got a bowl and using 9 bowlers has to be some sort of record in a competitive 50 over pro game. 
  • 9 bowlers used, Evison the breakout allrounder star of a previous winning campaign not. Quite funny how shambolic Kent are now, unless you support them I guess 
  • Leuth said:
    9 bowlers used, Evison the breakout allrounder star of a previous winning campaign not. Quite funny how shambolic Kent are now, unless you support them I guess 
    I'll remind you of this in about three or so hours time when we score the winning runs...............
  • Hundred up for Finch

218/2 off 34.3

Had to depart shortly after Finch's half. Impressive from this pair
  • He's gone for 104 off 91 balls.

223/3
  • Hopefully Kent aren't throwing away a very promising position. Needed less than a run a ball. Now require 47 off 36 with a long tail
  • And another goes. Ffs 263/6 from 223/2
  • Parkinson in instead of Stobo...