Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vote here for Back to The Valley mural options

Comments

• Options
    I've just noticed the old floodlight had a 'C' lit up on it, nice.
    The other three floodlights also had letters on them.
  • Options
    Option 3 Balloons
  • Options
    Just a note that the survey has been properly set up so that the options appear in a different order for different participants as otherwise there could be bias to people defaulting to the first option. 
    So yes, better to refer to the image name rather than a number as it appeared for you in the survey.

There is an option to comment within the survey itself so please do so there - if you wish - to make sure it gets analysed.

And as it says in the preamble, this is about choosing the overall design - the final typography etc will be finessed by the painters.

Thanks for your votes so far.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Done, gates for me....iconic picture!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Option 3 Balloons
    99 red balloons
  • Options
    Gates for me
  • Options
    Gates for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done for listening to the feedback and course correcting.

All of them look great so we can’t lose, my personal favourite is the Bartram one but looks like I’m in the minority. 
  • Options
    Voted balloons.
  • Options
    castrust said:

CAST has gone back to the drawing board and worked with a small group of supporters to produce three designs for a mural to celebrate the return of the club to The Valley on December 5th 1992 - thirty one years ago today.

If sufficient funds can be raised to commission the mural it will be on the side wall of the shop - on your right as you enter the car park and opposite Valley Central.

We hope that the mural will enable younger supporters and future generations to fully appreciate the extraordinary achievement of the directors and supporters in bringing the club home. The mural will be accompanied by a plaque which will explain the background and direct people to the museum for the full story.

We want as many fans as possible to express an opinion on which design they prefer and to let us know whether they would be prepared to contribute to the funding of the installation of the successful design.

https://www.castrust.org/2023/12/vote-here-on-back-to-the-valley-mural-options/

So is it a copy of the photograph that is going to be on the wall (I would hope so) or are we getting an artists painting of the photo ?
  • Options
    I would leave the reference to 14,838 voted for the Valley Party off the inscription at the bottom and give full impact to the return to the Valley statement. I know the Valley Party are the heroes of our return but local body politics won’t mean much to future generations.

• Options
    Bartram who else!
  • Options
    Sam for me. I think the history is important. 
  • Options
    Gates for me
  • Options
    Done . Sam for me 
  • Options
    Sam.  Coz that'll be a fucker to paint!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Option three but with this pic (minus the signature but with Walsh in red, rest in b+w)

Yeah, that was my comment in the survey. Wording like balloons pic but pic of Walsh scoring. Iconic.
  • Options

• Options
    Tempted by Sam but voted for gates.
  • Options
    Sorry. Not inspired by any of those designs I'm afraid. Do monochrome photos count as murals? 
  • Options
    Bartram for me.
  • Options
    castrust said:

CAST has gone back to the drawing board and worked with a small group of supporters to produce three designs for a mural to celebrate the return of the club to The Valley on December 5th 1992 - thirty one years ago today.

If sufficient funds can be raised to commission the mural it will be on the side wall of the shop - on your right as you enter the car park and opposite Valley Central.

We hope that the mural will enable younger supporters and future generations to fully appreciate the extraordinary achievement of the directors and supporters in bringing the club home. The mural will be accompanied by a plaque which will explain the background and direct people to the museum for the full story.

We want as many fans as possible to express an opinion on which design they prefer and to let us know whether they would be prepared to contribute to the funding of the installation of the successful design.

https://www.castrust.org/2023/12/vote-here-on-back-to-the-valley-mural-options/

So is it a copy of the photograph that is going to be on the wall (I would hope so) or are we getting an artists painting of the photo ?
    That is a good question. We are exploring the option of a copy of the photo but we need a site visit to consider all the practicalities and costs and that is proving difficult to set up at the moment because of people's workloads. 
    If anyone has knowledge / experience of the decal process on this scale we'd be interested to hear from you at secretary@castrust.org
  • Options
    Balloons one for me