Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vote here for Back to The Valley mural options

Comments

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    I haven't voted because, like many others, I wasn't inspired by any of the designs but felt bad about that, because the Trust have listened and come up with better alternatives. And I also know it's an absolute nightmare to come up with something that pleases everyone. But @Stig has nailed it. 
    Please do vote because then your voice will be heard 
    In the comments section.

If necessary write something like: ’please discount my vote because I don’t like any of the options. I would only vote for ............'

I voted for the gates but in all honesty it’s a bit naff. Surely Walshie has to take centre stage here.
    we need a "none of the above" option.
  • Options
    What about a more simple ‘word cloud’ type thing.  

Significant names  / numbers / statements / events that relate to occasion. 

Date we returned 
    time of the goal
    # days in exile 
    # valley party votes
    Woolwich townhall meeting

Then its possible to combine more things and keep it simple.  
  • Options
    What’s the hell’s a word cloud?
  • Options
    What’s the hell’s a word cloud?
    As in just a collection of words/phrases arranged artistically. 

It’s usually done post surveys to highlight / give prominence to most popular words / views. 

Maybe not the best analogy. 
  • Options
    This seems to be same survey we were presented with before. Why are we being asked again?

I was so pleased with the opening line that The Trust has gone back to the drawing board, but I fear that they haven't and we're going to be stuck with a rehash of one of those old propaganda posters. 
  • Options
    Propaganda ?
  • Options
    edited January 27
    When’s the closing date. The survey started on the 5th December and the trust are still taking votes. 
  • Options
    Propaganda ?
    Not my best choice of words. Political or campaign would have been better. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Propaganda ?
    voila!
  • Options
    Telling me I've already done the survey
  • Options
    Allowed me to do the survey.
    Chose gates and commented that it was the best of a bad bunch.
  • Options
    I appreciate it's hard to design something like this and easy to be critical, but these still aren't quite right.
  • Options
    Same here
  • Options
    edited January 27
    I've said it before and say it again. Bartram is nothing to do with that time period and the other 2 are humdrum at best. 

There's enough black and white murals around the ground as it is

This, but with the balloons stylised to spell out the date of the game for me, in full colour. The bright green grass of the hallowed pitch, enhance the blue of the sky, make it symbolise how it was a perfect day for Charlton fans and the bright green grass was the bright future and the groundwork it produced to spur on our growth in the 90s under Curbs to the promised land. 

Simple, colourful and effective 
  • Options
    It’s hard to get away from the logic of @Stig ‘s post last month - it has me thinking that *the* goal should be central to any mural IMO.

It doesn’t have to be an exact picture perfect replica of the moment. 

In fact, if you put together some kind of reverse angle interpretation, you could have a big blue sky behind the action looking toward the Jimmy Seed end and the balloons could be in the sky above the action on the pitch.

• Options
    Looks like the first round of feedback revealed people didn't seem over enthusiastic for a monochrome image on a grey concrete wall in the drizzle.

Maybe get some local art students to come up with some vibrant and creative ideas for a Valley mural and commission the winner to do it? 

Sorry to piss on the parade but you did ask. 
  • Options
    Same here
    Same here.

If it’s been changed,  shouldn't we be able to vote again?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like the first round of feedback revealed people didn't seem over enthusiastic for a monochrome image on a grey concrete wall in the drizzle.

Maybe get some local art students to come up with some vibrant and creative ideas for a Valley mural and commission the winner to do it? 

Sorry to piss on the parade but you did ask. 
    Exactly.  They must have some use
  • Options
    It said I’d already voted. I blame the new owners.
  • Options
    When I remember that day the first thing that comes to mind isn't a load of balloons being released into the sky, even if they denoted the number of days away from The Valley.
  • Options
    When I remember that day the first thing that comes to mind isn't a load of balloons being released into the sky, even if they denoted the number of days away from The Valley.
    I don't even remember any balloons.
  • Options
    The Bartram pic while in itself not overly relevant to BTTV is made brilliant and relevant by the caption. Unless someone posts a pic of Colin Walsh scoring the goal against pompey, I'm going for the Sam one. 
  • Options
    Personally not a fan of any of this but hey ho
  • Options
    Telling that out of three options there weren’t any with 50%+ of the votes.

still can’t help but feel a picture of the Walsh strike based on comments here could have been in contention but that said fair play to everyone involved putting in time and effort to make it happen.
  • Options
    Telling that out of three options there weren’t any with 50%+ of the votes.

still can’t help but feel a picture of the Walsh strike based on comments here could have been in contention but that said fair play to everyone involved putting in time and effort to make it happen.
    From what I read on the link, sounds as if the sidebar/additional piece will have pictures like Walsh Scoring, and maybe other Valley Party posters?