Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RATE MY PLATE | Christmas Dinner 2023

Comments

• Options
    Good luck everyone, and please don’t take any sarcasm to heart, it’s all a bit of fun and every who puts their plate up for a potential roast is a great sport. 

Nothing for me will ever beat Seth’s 2019 entry. That was a plate of legend and had me wondering “Is the plate being served on an ironing board? This looks like the type of house if on Through the Keyhole you’d be expecting an old spinster with 72 cats. Most, I’d guess, with starvation issues out of choice.” But @carly burn  summed it up much better by simply asking  'what wine did you serve with this, Malibu?'

Merry Christmas all!
    Winner in its class that one was.

• Options
    Broccoli Korma in a bowl discovered from an archaeological dig. Splendid 
    You ought to defrost that freezer a bit more often
  • Options
    MrWalker said:

Didn't realise Katie Price had recently had breast reduction surgery. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Turkey and stuffing, roast potato wedges and cauliflower with cheese sause and gravy .... bit untraditional but noone here to impress.  Plate by Royal Albert.  Chrstmas greetings from Sydney.  

You needed to leave the microwave on for longer.
  • Options
    Plenty of time to prep the Turkey 

• Options
    Tinned tomatoes, onions and carrots? Are they also curried like the soggy broccoli and cheese balti dish? 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your pictures and comments.  Really made me laugh!!
  • Options
    You make it sound as though we're all done! Competition only just warming up, offerings so far mere Amuse-bouche taste tantalizes. Is there a deadline?I'm running a bit behind, well not on the Port I'm not. 🍷
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    You make it sound as though we're all done! Competition only just warming up, offerings so far mere Amuse-bouche taste tantalizes. Is there a deadline?I'm running a bit behind, well not on the Port I'm not. 🍷
    Port before midday deserves thorough scrutiny 
  • Options
    Not even midday and the cutting remarks are flowing nicely already. 

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What sort of times do people sit down to eat?  3pm for us 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    swordfish said:
    Port before midday deserves thorough scrutiny 
    I think it’s a reference to arriving at Dover from France.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    What sort of times do people sit down to eat?  3pm for us 
    Nearly all done and dusted here. Bbj is on his dessert.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I think these are supposed to be sitting on top of the turkey.....

• Options
    I hope things improve later because so far what I've seen all look like dogs dinners.  
  • Options
    Turkey and stuffing, roast potato wedges and cauliflower with cheese sause and gravy .... bit untraditional but noone here to impress.  Plate by Royal Albert.  Chrstmas greetings from Sydney.  
    Is there a gravy shortage in the old people's home. That looks horrendous . sorry 
  • Options
    I`m sorry but you can keep that down under - if you can.