Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RATE MY PLATE | Christmas Dinner 2023

Comments

• Options
    The Dogs Dinner... Literally...

The Humans serving... 

Is that shish kebab or dog turd in the pastry lattice? Nice plate of food otherwise. 
    My Brother in Law is veggie, so its a Vegan Beef Wellington

It was huge, and looked really good so wanted to try a bit - Was really nice too actually.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Clearly will be the winner in its class.
    A vegetarian plate, including sprouts air fried with some chilli flakes and paprika.

Order of events.

Before.
    Table laid out.
    One plate close up.
    Bonus picture.

Lovely table set up
    honking looking dinner
  • Options

Considerably more colour than I was expecting given the table pic. 
  • Options
    holyjo said:

Sweet corn 🌽 on Christmas dinner?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Story behind mine: gf's in Ireland and my parents are both sick with RSV, so family Xmas was cancelled and I've had to perform a solo effort. Grey mullet with a West African style stuffing and a bacon wrap, with sprouts fried in butter and spiced cassava roasties. Given I've not had to do this much before, I hope it passes muster! Now to tuck in...

You sure you've done enough Potatoes?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Clearly will be the winner in its class.
    A vegetarian plate

Hope the spare placemat was solely a place to put the wine glasses and not someone looking to nick off to a plate of meat elsewhere, or any other reason. 

Hope the spare place at was just there to put the glasses on before filling them and not someone looking to nick off for a plate of meat somewhere or for any other reason not available. 
    Only a shame the cat seems to have pissed on the veggie roast. 

• Options

Rufus's version. He wolfed it and went back for more spuds and brocolli
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Leuth said:
    Story behind mine: gf's in Ireland and my parents are both sick with RSV, so family Xmas was cancelled and I've had to perform a solo effort. Grey mullet with a West African style stuffing and a bacon wrap, with sprouts fried in butter and spiced cassava roasties. Given I've not had to do this much before, I hope it passes muster! Now to tuck in...

Sure the fish has a smile on it's face...🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of the above look creditable compared to this effort which I was forced to buy at the pub local to girlfriends daughter in Lancaster. Given how much it cost me for 6 people I wish I'd insisted on cooking although admittedly then a choice of turkey (mine), beef, or celeriac steaks may have been pushing it.

No red cabbage either. 
    Is that a pat of butter floating in the gravy?
  • Options
    Late dinner today,but well worth the wait.
  • Options

The Humans serving... 

I normally draw the line at Yorkshire puddings. But potato waffles!
    Come on.
  • Options
    Sliced tomahawk steak with parsnips, broccoli, carrots and toasties plus a smear of mustard. Fab.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You sure you've done enough Potatoes?
    A whole cassava! Not a very big one. Probably still too much. Eh who cares, it's banging 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Hope Dial A Rod have a loada guys on overtime. Gonna be a lot of blocked cludgies in the next 24 hours. . 
  • Options
    Potatoes a disaster. Forgot Cranberry sauce and scotch egg!

• Options

The Humans serving... 

The stuffing...

• Options

Additional gravy was added……and per last year…..that is still not congealed donkey jizz 😄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Haddock goujons instead of meat today 
      I use the term loosely, but the chef did know it was Christmas, right?
  • Options
    It was fermented donkey jizz that you keep going year after year like sourdough starter?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Thanks for the bait. Where's your real one? C'mon! 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    JaShea99 said:

...Lost for words...where's the Wooosh!!🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Oh FFS…
  • Options

Pre Gravy

Pile on - I’m thick skinned 
    Let’s hope the gravy was too to attack those 3 bread rolls bottom left  
  • Options
    Plenty of Turkey and Gammon hidden underneath and even managed to scrounge some of my mother's stuffing.
    Stu please tell me this was served on a saucer and isn’t what appears to be the biggest plate of food ever?

No wonder you never needed a Covid jab with half the food industry fighting for you…
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    MrWalker said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Do I hear applause? Where and when do I collect my prize? 😉
    Yeah. Applause for just chucking food wherever you fancy.

Actually a fair comment as the kitchen had 'too many cooks' helping dish up today!