Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RATE MY PLATE | Christmas Dinner 2023

Comments

• Options
    After 2 disasters one which resulted in no parsnips the rib of beef came out like this
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    After last year‘s disaster - this attempt has turned out okay. But forgot the Yorkshires and the Christmas crackers. 
    Apart from the chicken, sausages, bacon, pork stuffing and goose fat, it would have been perfect for a vegan. 
  • Options
    Plenty of Turkey and Gammon hidden underneath and even managed to scrounge some of my mother's stuffing.
    Has this been served on a saucer?
    Would've done me a favour if it had 🐷
  • Options
    The Dogs Dinner... Literally...

The Humans serving... 

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Solidgone said:
    After last year‘s disaster - this attempt has turned out okay. But forgot the Yorkshires and the Christmas crackers.
    I don't think you're supposed to eat the crackers. They contain things that can get stuck in the throat.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

meldrew66 said:
    Do I hear applause? Where and when do I collect my prize? 😉
    Square plates?

It's a dinner not a puzzle.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Haddock goujons instead of meat today 
    I saw this on buzzfeeds '19 of the greatest supermarket substitution fails of Christmas 2023' article. At least you should get a refund on the turkey
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Did you use some of your floor mop instead of having Turkey ?
    Haha. Hadn't even noticed that!
  • Options
    Let the games begin….
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    cfgs said:

Love red cabbage
    Cant stand red cabbage. But that looks great otherise.
  • Options
    Common theme here is sheer volume of food loaded onto plates. Why not less quantity and just go back for seconds if need be? A bit like the current state of affairs on the pitch; no finesse.
    There were seconds and thirds!
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Love red cabbage
    Yeah, I make it myself with apple, onion and various spices. Cook it on Christmas Eve and smells lovely with the cloves and cinnamon in it.
  • Options
    I've got Covid. For the first time in my life, I'm spending Christmas Day on my own. I managed to get hold of an M&S turkey meal for one at the last minute.

This is it. It wasn't that bad, apart from the turkey which tasted a bit weird. Slag it off all you like – it's a ready meal!

To be fair it looks substantially better than a number of the above. 
  • Options
    After 2 disasters one which resulted in no parsnips the rib of beef came out like this
    Could have taken the pot pourri out the bowl first before serving. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Your dog is eating better than some of the other blokes who’ve posted today!
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Personally would've enjoyed another veg, but there was plenty of spuds and beef so mustn't grumble. And obviously as it was Mrs BA's effort, I kept my critique to myself. Was very good. 
  • Options

• Options
    cfgs said:

Love red cabbage
    Yeah, I make it myself with apple, onion and various spices. Cook it on Christmas Eve and smells lovely with the cloves and cinnamon in it.
    I make it with cabbage.
  • Options
    Pre gravy ….. to preserve colour contrast 👆👆👆
  • Options

The Humans serving... 

Tell us where you and @peterreeves got the stuffing from so we can all avoid making the same mistake!
  • Options

The Humans serving... 

Is that shish kebab or dog turd in the pastry lattice? Nice plate of food otherwise. 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Do I hear applause? Where and when do I collect my prize? 😉
    Only when you cook the pigs in blankets. 
  • Options

Now for something completely different.

Roast leg of lamb, ratatouille, dauphinoise potatoes and green veg