Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RATE MY PLATE | Christmas Dinner 2023

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Leuth said:
    stonemuse said:

Haddock goujons instead of meat today 

Looks like a bin bag from a school canteen split and spilled over the playground.
    Genuinely unsure how stonemuse comes back from this
    You lot just wait … you’ll miss me when I go away and sulk !
    Mate I’m not sure who has the biggest challenge to mount a comeback you or Charlie Kirk 😂 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

WTF!!!!!
    By WTF, do you mean why the fusilli?
    There is nothing on this sad looking plate that takes my fancy……but yes, WTF could equally stand for “why the fusilli.”
  • Options
    I’ve always spoken with a posh accent. I told my wife I’d been following Rate My Plate all day and a winner would be announced soon. She changed into this pleated skirt.

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Beef Wellington, mashed and gratin potatoes, Brussels with chestnuts, red cabbage and a red wine jus.
    Too late. No time to digest that lot.
  • Options
    Do any of you roast your veg???  So many plates of boiled veg 
  • Options
    dippers said:

That looks fantastic. If the pigs in blankets had defrosted it would be 10/10 for me. Maybe red cabbage and cauliflower cheese to top it off but a great effort. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

…and we have a winner! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Just got the room ready….
     I thought for a minute then that poor old @dicktracey had been banished to the garden to eat his evening Ham and cheese board alone by angry family members after his disappointing lunch fayre effort! 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Beef Wellington, mashed and gratin potatoes, Brussels with chestnuts, red cabbage and a red wine jus.
    Too late. No time to digest that lot.
    This was served at 5, funnily enough I didn't feel the need to post a pic on here the moment it was about to be eaten.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Do any of you roast your veg???  So many plates of boiled veg 
    I only meant to par boil the spuds and parsnips first, but forgot they were on, so I sauteed them later. That didn't really work, but they tasted fine. That's' my excuse, if we're allowed any. 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Before gravy and stuffing was added.

do your worst 
    Baton carrots sorry that’s to continental…….
  • Options
    Plenty of Turkey and Gammon hidden underneath and even managed to scrounge some of my mother's stuffing.
    Is that what’s called a “High Viz” dinner
  • Options
    dippers said:

Looks decent, but maybe skip quite so much dried tree bark at the bottom left next time. 
  • Options

Pre Gravy

Pile on - I’m thick skinned 

That’s drier than a post menopausal nuns knickers.
    You’ve obviously gone out for lunch….. is that from Belmarsh
  • Options
    I forgot me firkin peas! (Not that there wasn't enough on the plate already)😁

Yorkshires were requested by the dinner guests.

Bottom shot is pre-gravy.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Just got the room ready….
    You old romantic you...all it needs now are the candles lighting, and the fish 'n' Chip supper...🥂
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

WTF!!!!!
    By WTF, do you mean why the fusilli?
    A fusilli mistakes on that plate!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    First time I've followed this thread. Didn't realise what I've been missing. Burst out laughing every time I say JAShea99's plate of meat pasta and gravy. Parents busy watching Call The Midwife probably thinking I've gone a bit bonkers.

Didn't photogaraph my plate, from a carvery in Gloucester, masses of food, much of it almost inedible. Must eat somewhere better next year; not sure if KFC opens.

But the wine and port after returning to the house has made the disappointment of the meal a distant memory....well until I opened this thread!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Created this in one hour 15 minutes, after 4 lunchtime pints.
    You might as well have had a fifth pint. Pea surprise
    is easy,  always an old favourite