Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RATE MY PLATE | Christmas Dinner 2023

Comments

• MrWalker said:
    Off_it said:
    Pre-match

Thats a lot of chapati starters. Will anyone have room for the main course?
    Ten out of ten for organisation and classy presentation. 
  • Off_it said:
    Pre-match

Did you go back to the pub halfway through and was there any booing at the final whistle 
  • Danepak said:
    Danish style…

Oven roasted potatoes, caramelised potatoes, caramelised cocktail onions, scotch fillet, red cabbage, potato chips (a regional thing frowned upon in some parts of Denmark…) and thick gravy.

Catching up and wondering amongst the earlier chaos, how the hell did a plate consisting of pickled onions, diarrhoea and a bag of Walkers get let off so lightly???
    One of my fellow Auckland Addicks mates reckon this is what our back line eat 20 mins before kick off…

• Is this the first experience of salted caramel turkey?
  • Sponsored links:

• Pre Gravy

Pile on - I’m thick skinned 
    Good news. The Met Police have just tweeted and ruled out the damage to the turkey as a terrorist attack. 
    How do you even get potatoes to look like that….
  • Didn't take a picture so can't enter the comp this year. Shame, as I probably would have won. Had Turkey, Beef, Gammon with all the trimmings.
    Son’s  mother in law was over from Texas and insisted on making a dish for us. Sweet potato with marshmallows on top and sweetened further with orange juice. Fuck me, it was rank!

I take it there was no thanksgiving.
  • Danepak said:
    Danepak said:
    Danish style…

Oven roasted potatoes, caramelised potatoes, caramelised cocktail onions, scotch fillet, red cabbage, potato chips (a regional thing frowned upon in some parts of Denmark…) and thick gravy.

Catching up and wondering amongst the earlier chaos, how the hell did a plate consisting of pickled onions, diarrhoea and a bag of Walkers get let off so lightly???
    One of my fellow Auckland Addicks mates reckon this is what our back line eat 20 mins before kick off…

The meat, gravy, and roast veggies actually look delicious, but I understand the brief of this thread. So I’ll shut up 
  • How’s everyone feeling after their Christmas excesses yesterday?
  • Great thread as always.
    Fair play all who were brave enough to post.
    If I’m ever allowed to cook a Christmas dinner I shall post but that’s not likely anytime soon.

Happy St Stephen’s Day 🥂🍻
  • brilliant thread - meant to post ours up - couldn't find my phone when the plating up was going on - think the wife had hidden it as i told her she was gonna be up for inspection on here - some great 'reviews' on here 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrWalker said:

Individual butter portions? 
    How posh are you?
    Haha a bit of a cheat from me, we are away on a cruise 😉.
  • edited December 2023
    Late entry for judging. Plenty off screen to top up with. Didn't want to overcrowd the plate. Pigs in blankets were momentarily forgotten about, hence the caramelisation 😁
  • Pretty decent, hard to judge without seeing the gravy and not sure about the half a bread roll on the right hand side. Nice bit of crispy skin though. 
  • Crickey big bad, looks like you’ve got ET on your plate!
  • Crickey big bad, looks like you’ve got ET on your plate!
    ET and a dino foot. 
  • Didn't take a picture so can't enter the comp this year. Shame, as I probably would have won. Had Turkey, Beef, Gammon with all the trimmings.
    Son’s  mother in law was over from Texas and insisted on making a dish for us. Sweet potato with marshmallows on top and sweetened further with orange juice. Fuck me, it was rank!

I take it there was no thanksgiving.
    Told her it was lovely. Funnily enough most of it is still in the serving bowl. It's deffo NOT going in my bubble and squeak. Hopefully she'll be gone before she realises it hasn't been eaten.

• edited December 2023
    Late entry for judging. Plenty off screen to top up with. Didn't want to overcrowd the plate. Pigs in blankets were momentarily forgotten about, hence the caramelisation 😁
    Why serve that lot on a side plate? (Looks good btw).

I generally feel that Yorkshire puds don't go with Xmas dinner if you're serving turkey. They take up too much room on the plate as well.

BTW, what time does everyone eat? Ours was around four thirty. 
  • Every bloody year I forget to take a picture...

• Fair play to @The Red Robin for seeking out salt n pepper pots based on our 14-15 away kit 

Loyal to the cause.