Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RATE MY PLATE | Christmas Dinner 2023

Comments

• Late entry for judging. Plenty off screen to top up with. Didn't want to overcrowd the plate. Pigs in blankets were momentarily forgotten about, hence the caramelisation 😁
    I also like the way you chose a plate that helped you not put tomato ketchup out with your meal.
  • How’s everyone feeling after their Christmas excesses yesterday?
    I just had a huge dump, gave me an idea for a new interactive ratings based thread but I thought better of it….
  • Many thanks to those who posted. It was very entertaining and amusing. 
  • Pre gravy as per.
  • Pre gravy as per.

• I cooked today.

Slow roast rib beef (5hrs)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2023
    Pig in blanket (sprout for scale)
    Reminds me of the caterpillar I ate in Zimbabwe

• Pig in blanket (sprout for scale)
    Didn’t they have to eat one of these in “I’m a celebrity”. Pretty sure they burst when you bite into them.
  • edited December 2023
    Solidgone said:
    I’m going to save this picture and submit it next year as my entry….
  • Bonus (Boxing Day) Christmas Dinner, actually cooked by me, after just posting my dad's cooking every year so far on here
  • edited December 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Bonus (Boxing Day) Christmas Dinner, actually cooked by me, after just posting my dad's cooking every year so far on here
    You're brave, I'll give you that. A churro and a slug?....and where are the spuds?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Late entry for judging. Plenty off screen to top up with. Didn't want to overcrowd the plate. Pigs in blankets were momentarily forgotten about, hence the caramelisation 😁
    Why serve that lot on a side plate? (Looks good btw).

I generally feel that Yorkshire puds don't go with Xmas dinner if you're serving turkey. They take up too much room on the plate as well.

BTW, what time does everyone eat? Ours was around four thirty. 
    We eat at about 1pm. Had visits to other family members to tick off so always get it done nice and early.

Re the side plate, it wasn't that small a plate but point taken. The missus insisted on using the only festive crockery we've got. Yorkshires were served as we didn't have turkey  :)
  • MrWalker said:
    Late entry for judging. Plenty off screen to top up with. Didn't want to overcrowd the plate. Pigs in blankets were momentarily forgotten about, hence the caramelisation 😁
    Are your Yorkshires singing?
    They should always sing, mate 👌🏻
  • sam3110 said:
    Bonus (Boxing Day) Christmas Dinner, actually cooked by me, after just posting my dad's cooking every year so far on here
    You're brave, I'll give you that. A churro and a slug?....and where are the spuds?
    Back right are the spuds, the slug is half a red onion chucked in with the lamb to roast and soak up the lamb juices. 

No idea what the churro is that you're referring to haha
  • edited December 2023
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Back right are the spuds, the slug is half a red onion chucked in with the lamb to roast and soak up the lamb juices. 

No idea what the churro is that you're referring to haha
    Apologies. Now I know they are the spuds, it's clear they are wrapped in calamari.... :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Tonight’s turkey curry - luvverly
  • More likely than looking like that massive pig in blanket!
  • Boom said:
    Tonight’s turkey curry - luvverly
    Not too dissimilar to what it’ll look like in the morning when it passes through 
    Is that a karaoke machine in the background?
  • edited December 2023
    I really rate this thread, it is brilliant.

Feliz Navidad from Tenerife.
  • Boom said:
    Tonight’s turkey curry - luvverly
    Using bathroom scales as place mats is a new one on me.
    Its a Christmassy idea and first heard in a Christmas Carol of weigh in a manger and a nursery rhyme about curds and weigh.